• 16(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
(2016-04-14, 23:24)ronie Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 22:41)gate1975mlm Wrote: I have a question why does extended forecast not work when yahoo offers a 10 day forecast?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/unite...ia-2471217

the addon provides a 7 day forecast through the standard weather info.

enabling extended info in the addon, just to provide three extra days isn't worth it imo.
yahoo doesn't provide any of the other 'extended' items like hourly forecast, weather alerts, weather maps, etc..

you know... i'll add it anyway.
will be for krypton (and up) only, as to not risk breaking existing skins.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-04-15, 15:03)oksauce Wrote: ronie.. with the newest version, everytime i start up, i get the script error.. have to reset location settings constantly, any advice?
thanks..

I see the same thing

After update I must refresh weather settings each time i start kodi and then it works

I uninstalled and then reinstalled like suggesting but it didnt working

When i refresh it works after that no problem
(2016-04-15, 23:49)ronie Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 23:24)ronie Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 22:41)gate1975mlm Wrote: I have a question why does extended forecast not work when yahoo offers a 10 day forecast?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/unite...ia-2471217

the addon provides a 7 day forecast through the standard weather info.

enabling extended info in the addon, just to provide three extra days isn't worth it imo.
yahoo doesn't provide any of the other 'extended' items like hourly forecast, weather alerts, weather maps, etc..

you know... i'll add it anyway.
will be for krypton (and up) only, as to not risk breaking existing skins.

Awesome thanks a lot Smile
(2016-04-15, 19:55)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 15:03)oksauce Wrote: with the newest version, everytime i start up, i get the script error.. have to reset location settings constantly, any advice?
thanks..

I had the same issue after updating 2 days ago.
I had to uninstall the add-on completely, deleted the folder.
I then re-installed from the Kodi repo and have not experienced the error since.

What do u mean delete the folder..What folder do I delete and how do I do it?
not worked... might be jarvis compatible only?
Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm also getting an error on Kodi startup since the last update. Running version 3.2.0 of the addon on Jarvis 16.1 (RC2).

Here's an extract from the log:

Code:
12:01:38 T:18446744072528174800   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 264, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 107, in forecast
                                                properties(data,loc)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 157, in properties
                                                props_astronomy(astronomy)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 205, in props_astronomy
                                                sunrise = time.strptime(astronomy['sunrise'], "%I:%M %p")
                                            ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Re-setting the location works temporarily, but stops working as soon as you start Kodi up again.

Hope that helps
(2016-04-17, 13:10)Hustler1337 Wrote: Just thought I'd chime in and say I'm also getting an error on Kodi startup since the last update. Running version 3.2.0 of the addon on Jarvis 16.1 (RC2).

Here's an extract from the log:

Code:
12:01:38 T:18446744072528174800   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 264, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 107, in forecast
                                                properties(data,loc)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 157, in properties
                                                props_astronomy(astronomy)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 205, in props_astronomy
                                                sunrise = time.strptime(astronomy['sunrise'], "%I:%M %p")
                                            ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Re-setting the location works temporarily, but stops working as soon as you start Kodi up again.

Hope that helps

thanx. that is kind of a 'known' python bug.
so now it rears it's ugly head in the yahoo addon as well...

i will look into it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks for all your efforts by the way ronie
since i can't reproduce the issue on my end, i could use some testers.

please try this version:
weather.yahoo-3.3.0.zip

in case you still get an error, please provide a Debug Log.
Thank you ronie i try this now

I will give the log if i will get the same error now again
I have been running this new version 3.3.0 all day changing location frequently.
It's working great. Not a hint of an issue.
Thank you Ronie.
ronie, speaking from my end... it's fixed... you've fixed it,

amazing work and appreciated, I hope everyone else has had the same result.

kind regards
Yes thank you ronie i didnt see error now since i tried it

Thank you it seems fixed now
thx for testing everyone. :-)

i'll submit the fix to the addon repo.
ronie, is this last version compatible with XBMC Gotham?.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1