• 24(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2016-04-14, 17:56)onizuka Wrote: My apologies, not too familiar with the ADB commands etc with Android. Trying to figure out the easiest way to run your command. I was able to put the shield in developer mode if that helps. I'm also able to confirm that I can navigate to the temp iarl temp folder in retroarch and successfully start the game.

Onizuka,

I'm thinking the issue might also be the 'root' user vs. the 'non-root' user in Android.

You could try changing the command sent by either replacing the external_command_database.xml file for the addon with the one pasted here.

Or, for testing purposes, from the addon you can right click on for example the Best of NES archive, then select 'Manual Entry' at the bottom and paste in the following:
Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE %CFG_PATH% -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

This just removes the '--user 0' option in the adb command. If you can confirm that works, I'll add 'non root' user commands as another option for System Setup.

I fixed many of the issues listed here with the last beta version. A new repo version of the addon will be uploaded shortly.
(2016-04-17, 19:57)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 17:56)onizuka Wrote: My apologies, not too familiar with the ADB commands etc with Android. Trying to figure out the easiest way to run your command. I was able to put the shield in developer mode if that helps. I'm also able to confirm that I can navigate to the temp iarl temp folder in retroarch and successfully start the game.

Onizuka,

I'm thinking the issue might also be the 'root' user vs. the 'non-root' user in Android.

You could try changing the command sent by either replacing the external_command_database.xml file for the addon with the one pasted here.

Or, for testing purposes, from the addon you can right click on for example the Best of NES archive, then select 'Manual Entry' at the bottom and paste in the following:
Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE %CFG_PATH% -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

This just removes the '--user 0' option in the adb command. If you can confirm that works, I'll add 'non root' user commands as another option for System Setup.

I fixed many of the issues listed here with the last beta version. A new repo version of the addon will be uploaded shortly.

Not sure why, Manual Entry is not an available option for me within the right-click Context Menu. Could it be because I installed the beta clean and not upgraded from the previous repo version? So instead I downloaded your file, renamed it to match with the existing external_command_database.xml and replaced the current external_command_database.xml in the addon. I tried running Super Mario Bros 3 without success. Interestingly, Kodi/SPMC doesn't do that brief flash(like its attempting the run) like with the original external_command_database.xml. Just shows no reaction. Debug log below:

http://pastebin.com/N1A7qmSB

Thanks!
(2016-04-18, 01:15)onizuka Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 19:57)zachmorris Wrote:

Onizuka,

Code:

Not sure why, Manual Entry is not an available option for me within the right-click Context Menu. Could it be because I installed the beta clean and not upgraded from the previous repo version? So instead I downloaded your file, renamed it to match with the existing external_command_database.xml and replaced the current external_command_database.xml in the addon. I tried running Super Mario Bros 3 without success. Interestingly, Kodi/SPMC doesn't do that brief flash(like its attempting the run) like with the original external_command_database.xml. Just shows no reaction. Debug log below:

http://pastebin.com/N1A7qmSB

Thanks!

Dang. Well back to the drawing board. I'll probably have to end up getting an android box to make this work. It's strange it works for some but not others. I'll dig around some more and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for testing
Version 1.5.1 is uploaded to the repository. It's a bigger update that I've been working on for a while. Updates include:
Added Amiga: 697 Games
Added best of Amiga
Added Amiga CD32: 259 Games
Added Sega Dreamcast: 105 Games (497 Games Unfiltered) (Redump archive)
Rescraped Sega Saturn: 206 Games (1357 Games Unfiltered) (Redump archive)
Rescraped Playstation (PS1 / PSX): 1598 Games (Redump archive)

Fixed Kodi "Add to Favorites" in the addon. "Add to IARL Favorites" still works (and generates an xml file as before).
Fixed DOSBox launch function to be a little smarter, every game I've tried works now
Added 7zip and chdman functionality to the addon directly (since the licenses allow for it). Added some 'chmod' functions to the addon to hopefully remove the need for the user to run the command.
Added some view options for list including 'file size'
Added netplay support for retroarch for most systems: Windows/OSX/Linux/Kodibuntu/OpenElec (not fully tested yet though)
Added a wizard to automagically setup your external launching. Basic setup for your system takes about 1 minute now :-)
Added support for OpenElec Rpi Addon Gamestarter
Changed list caching so it works more betterer
Updated external launch functions for new cores, etc and includes separate launch commands to allow for closing Kodi if necessary (via addon settings).
Updated the info window to include ESRB rating, and user rating (per Mobygames/GameFAQs/etc) and the IARL game window to include additional info like game Perspective
Fantastic update zack! Just running some tests now. I cant seem to get dosbox correctly. It used to work fine when there was a post dl option for it. It boots the dosbox screen loading the correct files but then just goes into a black screen or it just hangs. Sometimes it boots the game (audio in the background) But still black screen. I will update the core and see if it makes and diff.

Awesome feature to have kodi close! That used to be a right pain when the game would return my cec device would die so id have to kill kodi for it to return.
Ill have a good play and report back Smile

Thanks for all your hard work mate !
Great work Zach!! Have you had any success or experience trying this with Provenance on TVoS? I think the combination of Kodi, IARL, and provenance on a Apple TV would be a very nice setup.
(2016-04-18, 14:02)lefty420 Wrote: Fantastic update zack! Just running some tests now. I cant seem to get dosbox correctly. It used to work fine when there was a post dl option for it. It boots the dosbox screen loading the correct files but then just goes into a black screen or it just hangs. Sometimes it boots the game (audio in the background) But still black screen. I will update the core and see if it makes and diff.

I noticed that for some games too when testing on a windows machine. Strangely enough, the exact same game would launch from my mac with no issues. I think it has to do with the configuration of dosbox video settings. I think you can change those in retroarch or in the retroarch config file. You might have to tinker with the settings to get it to work for your setup.
Playing around with the video settings didn't seem to help. I did get a few games error at the dos screen moaning about vga. Possibly something in the launch command? A good few games like the amazing spiderman for example. But they are playing behind a black screen with a blinking cursor. Oregon trail delux moaned about the vga. Not sure if there's a clue there.
Ive just noticed tssemek has updated retroarch to 1.3.3 I'll see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for the update!! At first it breaks everything! But i just rebootmy pc ( under windows 10) , did the wizzard thing and YES!! Everything work fine!! Smile
Cheers!!
Something got messed up. When I started IARL today, it prompted new archives to update, which I let it do. Since the last time it did that, I figured I needed to go back and reconfigure the system to use the proper launching. Only now when I go to edit the launch command, all it gives me is an option to manually enter the command, it doesn't give me the list anymore. I came straight here and saw you had pushed the beta update out, and that I needed to run a setup wizard. If I look in the add-on settings, I see where I can do that, but you don't have an option listed for my system type. I'm running OpenELEC RPi (RetroArch Add-on) not gamestarter... This leaves me to believe now that you have moved to a dedicated emulator setup as well, although your choice in emulator may not be the same one I use. Is there any way to setup the the launchers the old way?
Ok so I went with it and chose the gamestarter version. Had some trouble where the wizard kept saying the system hadn't been set up yet. Turns out you have to exit the add-on settings in order to get the change to save before going to the next step. After getting it all "installed" through the wizard, I was then able to manually choose the external launch command. But it doesn't work! It downloads the Rom, but it doesn't launch it. I can't mess with this more today, but when I can I'll get you the log. I suspect it's something to do with the launch command. Maybe it's having trouble because of the "gamestarter" bit. Maybe it's because you need to close Kodi before launching the emulator, and that option is grayed out in the add-on settings. I'll get back to you when I can.
(2016-04-21, 15:39)hansolo77 Wrote: Something got messed up. When I started IARL today, it prompted new archives to update, which I let it do. Since the last time it did that, I figured I needed to go back and reconfigure the system to use the proper launching. Only now when I go to edit the launch command, all it gives me is an option to manually enter the command, it doesn't give me the list anymore. I came straight here and saw you had pushed the beta update out, and that I needed to run a setup wizard. If I look in the add-on settings, I see where I can do that, but you don't have an option listed for my system type. I'm running OpenELEC RPi (RetroArch Add-on) not gamestarter... This leaves me to believe now that you have moved to a dedicated emulator setup as well, although your choice in emulator may not be the same one I use. Is there any way to setup the the launchers the old way?

Yeah, that was an oversight on my part. I'll add the other addon commands in for the next update. It shouldn't have effect any of the xml files you already had setup (if it did, it shouldn't have).

Thanks!
It's all good. I just ended up watching tv today instead of playing games. Smile Just glad to help. If you still want me to get you the logs when I try to launch, I'll try and get them tomorrow morning before I head out for work.
So, I think I'm a bit confused. I just installed this addon in kodi, and tried to play a game, but.. nothing launches. Do I have to install external emulators? I'm on Windows 10. Thanks in advance.
(2016-04-22, 05:04)McPoon Wrote: So, I think I'm a bit confused. I just installed this addon in kodi, and tried to play a game, but.. nothing launches. Do I have to install external emulators? I'm on Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

See the wiki!
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10