• 18(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
Yes, precisely! That would be great! Thank you so much.
(2016-04-26, 10:58)Gucci$14 Wrote: Yes, precisely! That would be great! Thank you so much.

Ok it was pretty easy to implement, I added a new option in view settings, "disable fanart" - this will use the global fanart instead the item actual fanart, the global fanart can be also change from the skin options (settings-phenomenal-design-last option..)

it's available on github now.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-26, 11:07)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 10:58)Gucci$14 Wrote: Yes, precisely! That would be great! Thank you so much.

Ok it was pretty easy to implement, I added a new option in view settings, "disable fanart" - this will use the global fanart instead the item actual fanart, the global fanart can be also change from the skin options (settings-phenomenal-design-last option..)

I installed it no problem. It said that it updated after installing, however the option does not show up under view settings or in the skin settings. Not quite sure what I did wrong.
(2016-04-26, 19:21)Gucci$14 Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 11:07)tomer953 Wrote:

I installed it no problem. It said that it updated after installing, however the option does not show up under view settings or in the skin settings. Not quite sure what I did wrong.

Oh no, you installed the zip from github directly from kodi? It's not the right way to do.

You now have two folders with the skins, running toghether.
Exit kodi and remove skin.phenomenal-master and read this thread, I explained more than once how to install from github.
Hi, I just found this great skin with clean design. I loved it very much within hours.

A list view that I like is the wide list. Looks great, works great.

Is there a possibilty to set the view for all kind of lists and their folders at once ?
For me it seems that Phenominal somehow stores the list view setting of each folder and everthing separately.
So if I have a ton of interprets, albums or video folders I have to set each of them separately to my prefered view setting.
Or am I doing something wrong ?

Many thanks from a biker
(2016-04-28, 00:42)bmwbiker Wrote: Hi, I just found this great skin with clean design. I loved it very much within hours.

Is there a possibilty to set the view for all kind of lists and their folders at once ?
For me it seems that Phenominal somehow stores the list view setting of each folder and everthing separately.
So if I have a ton of interprets, albums or video folders I have to set each of them separately to my prefered view setting.

Many thanks from a biker

In the options you have the ability to set a view for each type of content....for example - set the fanart view every time the content (addon, library, folder) is movies.... And so on for music, photos ....
(2016-04-25, 16:24)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 00:20)MagikMark Wrote: I don't know if this has been reported. When OSD is active while video is playing the audio indicated is mp3. It is however, aac

I don't think it's aac, because I do have a flag for aac (when kodi returns: VideoPlayer.AudioCodec = "aac" i use media/audio/aac.png flag). however, my default flag for sound is indeed mp3,
so I guess that your specific file your playing is with another codec I don't have. If you know how to debug it, It would be helpful. (ie adding dummy label to videoosd.xml with <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec][/label] ) , or using some 3rd party tool to extract info about your file, like kodi does.)

I'm using HE-AAC. Is that the same as yours?
(2016-04-28, 07:33)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 00:42)bmwbiker Wrote: Hi, I just found this great skin with clean design. I loved it very much within hours.

Many thanks from a biker

In the options you have the ability to set a view for each type of content....for example - set the fanart view every time the content (addon, library, folder) is movies.... And so on for music, photos ....

Thanks for the fast reply !
That's right - I can set separate list views for each type e.g. music, video...
But what if I have subfolders in music ? In this case I would like NOT to set each subfolder's view seperately. It's all music, so I would like to have all subfolders and subsubfolders being set to same view.
For me it happens that if I e.g. set music to "fanart" then e.g. music "files" is standard view yet. Ok then I set music files view but if I enter a music files subfolder then thesame is in standard view yet... and so on.
Did I miss this kind of setting ?
(2016-04-28, 20:28)bmwbiker Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 07:33)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote:

Many thanks from a biker

But what if I have subfolders in music ? In this case I would like NOT to set each subfolder's view seperately. It's all music, so I would like to have all subfolders and subsubfolders being set to same view.
For me it happens that if I e.g. set music to "fanart" then e.g. music "files" is standard view yet. Ok then I set music files view but if I enter a music files subfolder then thesame is in standard view yet... and so on.

Is your music folder sync to kodi's library ? Cause if it is then your music is organized by its ID3 tags therefore you only have Artist-Album-Song
(2016-04-28, 23:12)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 20:28)bmwbiker Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 07:33)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote: In the options you have the ability to set a view for each type of content....for example - set the fanart view every time the content (addon, library, folder) is movies.... And so on for music, photos ....

Is your music folder sync to kodi's library ? Cause if it is then your music is organized by its ID3 tags therefore you only have Artist-Album-Song

Yes, I have got MP3 tags in my music. But it is same with artist, album, interpret, ... I have to set the view for these few separately. And also yes - e.g. my cam pictures are sorted in some 50 folders. Currently I would have to set each of those separately. And if I select "files" in music then I see the folder structure of all my music CDs. And I do not have 5000 mp3s in one folder....... Wink
In the settings page under "Phenomenal" go to - "design" there you will see on the right side of the screen options to set fixed views for each type of content .... For example setting the default photos view to "photos" (I'm not in front of my PC so I don't remember the exact name, sorry) will make kodi show you this view every time the media inside is photos.
Same with artist, albums and songs.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-29, 14:14)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote: In the settings page under "Phenomenal" go to - "design" there you will see on the right side of the screen options to set fixed views for each type of content .... For example setting the default photos view to "photos" (I'm not in front of my PC so I don't remember the exact name, sorry) will make kodi show you this view every time the media inside is photos.
Same with artist, albums and songs.

Sent from my iPhone
Yeah - that's it - great, thanks for this hint !
I was blind for this setting "Design - Enable Forced Views" Cool Even with your hint I had to search Huh
So, thanks a lot, it works.

Only one very small issue left.
With forced views set it sometimes appears that a folder wouldn't switch to my preferred "forced view". This only happens seldom and seems to only happen to folders which haven't been selected before. But if I select e.g. a subfolder and then back to the one before - then it suddenly shows the correct view. Maybe it happens if I select and enter a "never before" folder too fast - like search with cursor down and immediately press enter. If I wait before enter - it seems to be ok.
This might be a little tiny bug ? Which isn't boring at all.....

So - I'm very pleased and it is a great skin ! ! !
Hi, How work moviegenres in this skin ?
Because I have a moviegenres folder with my pictures in skin.phenomenal/extras but no pictures is viewing in Genre.
And where put the fanart for Genre too?

Thank for your skin.
Hi Raziel,
go to settings-Phenomenal-Design, and in the side you'll see movie genre packs, you can download genre packs and choose them from there.
I do not support custom genre pack right now.
Yes work for Icons but not for Fanart, When i go to Find More, i found Moviegenreicons add'on and one MoviegenreFanart.
I can install but MoviegenreFanart is not appears in the screen of selection.

Thank for your reply.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12