• 248(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Good - so then, back to the max_cstate hack. More I cannot do. For the endless story: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109051
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I now disabled c6 and c7 in Bios, testing atm.
I was facing the same issue. max_cstate works pretty good for baytrail
(2016-04-28, 15:29)fatalkill3r Wrote: I was facing the same issue. max_cstate works pretty good for baytrail

Playing around with some BIOS settings.

I just disabled
CPU c6 report: disabled
CPU c7 report: disabled

But let Package C State Limit set on No Limit.

No freezes for 2 hours, videos still running
I did a clean 16.04 install today and ran into some freezes in the menu, my system is Skylake-based. Are you aware of any problems on Skylake based systems? Also i had no audio device detected using Intel HD Graphics 530, is that a Pulseaudio problem which can be fixed using Alsa? I based my setup on the nightly build, but official only.
I carried out a 16.04 install on my Beebox N3150 too and noticed a freeze every hour or so.

I went into the BIOS and pretty much set all options dedicated to power consumption to their lower levels and after 8 hours continuous playback I haven't had a single freeze.

The only audio problem that I found was that AAC 5.1 seemed only to output to 2 channels but as I only have a handful of files with AAC 5.1, it's not really an issue for me.

Dolby 5.1 and DTS were fine.
(2016-04-28, 23:09)Mave Wrote: I did a clean 16.04 install today and ran into some freezes in the menu, my system is Skylake-based. Are you aware of any problems on Skylake based systems? Also i had no audio device detected using Intel HD Graphics 530, is that a Pulseaudio problem which can be fixed using Alsa? I based my setup on the nightly build, but official only.

The original howto does not install Pulseaudio, so no need to switch to ALSA.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-28, 23:37)Bluesmanuk Wrote: I carried out a 16.04 install on my Beebox N3150 too and noticed a freeze every hour or so.

I went into the BIOS and pretty much set all options dedicated to power consumption to their lower levels and after 8 hours continuous playback I haven't had a single freeze.

The only audio problem that I found was that AAC 5.1 seemed only to output to 2 channels but as I only have a handful of files with AAC 5.1, it's not really an issue for me.

Dolby 5.1 and DTS were fine.

No Debug Log, no issue and nothing to solve :-)
(2016-04-29, 07:07)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 23:09)Mave Wrote: I did a clean 16.04 install today and ran into some freezes in the menu, my system is Skylake-based. Are you aware of any problems on Skylake based systems? Also i had no audio device detected using Intel HD Graphics 530, is that a Pulseaudio problem which can be fixed using Alsa? I based my setup on the nightly build, but official only.

The original howto does not install Pulseaudio, so no need to switch to ALSA.
I thought Pulseaudio was installed by default, my bad so i have to look furter into that. But do i need the patched kernel for Skylake-based systems also because of the freezes? I have those freezes everywhere, also in the menus.
You need to provide what this howto wants, which is described in the second post. Without logs no help is possible. Those are mandatory to save developer time.
I have out of sync issues with the latest (3rd of April) build on a chromebox. Happening with 23.976hz files. Using passthrough. It's very slight but its there. Is this a known fact? Something is a wip? Thanks a lot.
(2016-04-29, 12:02)ggp759 Wrote: I have out of sync issues with the latest (3rd of April) build on a chromebox. Happening with 23.976hz files. Using passthrough. It's very slight but its there. Is this a known fact? Something is a wip? Thanks a lot.

Do an apt-get update & apt-get upgrade to get the latest kodi build (should be from yesterday)
If latest build means: OpenELEC - then please head over to the Milhouse thread and LibreELEC. I don't provide these builds anymore.
While playing IPTV I am experiencing logos and news ticker-like texts to be shaky. I am using Baytrail and followed this howto. Is this normal with Baytrail ? I have tried Vaapi-MC, Vaapi-MA and Vaapi-BOB. Somehow the CPU based deinterlacing [Blend] works better than the GPU based ones.
Depends on the content and scaler used.

576i is fine with MCDI
1080i is not

The BYT has the worst GPU since the Celeron 847 ... in short: don't expect too much.

Not sure how you can select "BLEND" cause this only works when SW Decoding is enabled ...

In short: No further info without logfiles possible. If you want to try typical content, test with: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18