• 42(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2016-05-08, 14:19)milan53 Wrote: but you cant install your addons in mrmc? right?

Correct, and that also means no custom skins either (although I think they may be working on a JavaScript addon system)

I honestly hope that tvOS will still become a semi-supported platform due to the similarities to iOS (and the fact that a lot is already done for it)

I'm guessing there will eventually be a jailbreak for more current tvOS version... Why release one when WWDC is so close
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-05-03, 19:54)DanTheMan827 Wrote: So, I have an update...

Apple unfortunately decided to change the free account provisioning profile length to 7 days down from the previous 90...

I'm guessing this was most likely due to people (pretty much everyone side-loading) using it to their advantage...

The paid account profiles do still last for the full length of the term though...

So basically, Apple reduced the testing length to something closer to what it should have initially been Sad

Ugh, disgusting, god damn Apple, always the same. This company is so consistently shitty in so many ways :/
I really don't like Plex either, I just don't.
(2016-05-09, 03:24)AbRASiON Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 19:54)DanTheMan827 Wrote: So, I have an update...

Apple unfortunately decided to change the free account provisioning profile length to 7 days down from the previous 90...

I'm guessing this was most likely due to people (pretty much everyone side-loading) using it to their advantage...

The paid account profiles do still last for the full length of the term though...

So basically, Apple reduced the testing length to something closer to what it should have initially been Sad

Ugh, disgusting, god damn Apple, always the same. This company is so consistently shitty in so many ways :/
I really don't like Plex either, I just don't.

I hate Plex too...
I just tried Plex, because it's been a year since I tried it. Still can't access my SMB server over wifi and just play, unlike Kodi. I need some stupid client / server setup.
I don't WANT a damn PC turned on 24/7 just to serve my ipad files and I don't want to run an entire app / server just in order to play simple SMB files on a tablet, in 2016 (2016!!!!!!!!!!!) Christ Apple you people are ..... ugh
Lamp, if you don't like Plex or MrMC then has anyone tried infuse? I don't think it needs server software and looks like most media apps on apple tv. Though at this rate I have to admit I kinda wish I went with the Shield TV

*edit for Infuse link: https://firecore.com/infuse
I'll try it, thank you.
I imagine nothing will come even close to Kodi though :/ the ability to submit trakt.tv info as well as get subtitles live (!!!!) were critically good features.
Boy is Plex over rated, the ipad pro I'm about to switch to has 32gb of storage, 2gb of ram - Kodi can keep a local library on the ipad, why does plex need a server? I just wanna map SMB shares like Kodi does and add to a library.
I have running Infuse Pro on the ATV4. But I dont like it. Allthough it supports 4K, Dolby (AC3) & DTS-HD surround sound. There are no sorting or filter functions and at least no addons support like Kodi
Also I dont like Plex with his need for a server and a login on it.
I've not used infuse on apple tv but Plex isn't too bad, its very plane jane but it organizes things well and I have an always on HTPC in my house anyway.
Im very happy with Infuse Pro to access videos on a hard drive plugged into my Apple Time Capsule via samba.
All art work and watched etc working well.
Sometime the metadata needs editing but mostly works well.
All the family use it.
Hopefully its just a bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/comment...day_limit/
(2016-05-09, 18:56)uratrtl Wrote: Hopefully its just a bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/comment...day_limit/

That would definitely be good news!
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-05-09, 14:11)AbRASiON Wrote: I'll try it, thank you.
I imagine nothing will come even close to Kodi though :/ the ability to submit trakt.tv info as well as get subtitles live (!!!!) were critically good features.
Boy is Plex over rated, the ipad pro I'm about to switch to has 32gb of storage, 2gb of ram - Kodi can keep a local library on the ipad, why does plex need a server? I just wanna map SMB shares like Kodi does and add to a library.

Infuse does both.
There's hope yet!? ........ Fingers crossed.
Hopefully its just a bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/comment...day_limit/

Its odd there is not much more about this, I have been searching the Apple and Xcode forums and found nothing about the provisioning profile length of 7 days.
Only about maximum of 10 apps every 7 days.
That URL you just pasted is busted. I assume you meant this though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/comment...day_limit/
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8