• 11(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-05-09, 02:07)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 21:51)Choppasmith Wrote: Okay, I'm having a problem installing this

I first tried installing the Emby Repo, downloaded it, installed it just fine, but the Arctic Zephyr From Ashes skin wasn't there. Only the sound scheme, so I downloaded it from your Enterprise CDN, and it looked like things were going well, it looked like it was installing the extra scripts and addons it needed, but it failed to show up in the list of skins. I thought you needed the original AZ skin added, so I did that and enabled it just fine, when I went to install FA from Zip I get Installation Failed every time.

On Kodi 16 in Windows 7 here.

And yes, I installed the Skin Info service and IMDB script from the Emby Repo.

It's actually there but since it still contains two legacy dependancies you need to check "Show Unsupported" to get it to pop up. That'll be fixed with the May 17th release which removes all references to those dependancies. You however need Emby's Beta Repo and not Emby's regular Repo. This is because the Beta repo is where all Jarvis addons are stored at the moment (don't ask me why).

3.2.04 has a proven track record of installing just fine unless you are using some offshoot of Kodi but you are running Windows 7 so it should work just fine. It's been out since March after all.

If you could provide a log file (set log level to debug) and you attach that, we can see what's going on. After you provide the debug log, a quick way to fix the issue which will get From Ashes to install anything you are missing assuming you have access to all the repos is to extract the zip and copy "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" to %AppData%\Kodi\addons but it won't work right if you are missing something and don't have access to download it.

I have the Beta Repo, at least that's what it says I have. I can't find an option anywhere for showing "Unsupported"

Here's the logfile. The place where I try to install your zip is at 17:18:55

http://pastebin.com/BtXBVjqf
(2016-05-09, 02:40)Choppasmith Wrote: I have the Beta Repo, at least that's what it says I have. I can't find an option anywhere for showing "Unsupported"

Okay, I have taken a look and found a few oddities here and there:

1) I see a DXGI (DirectX) error occur (this is unrelated to the skin installation but it is no less fascinating given this is the first time I've seen it in a log)
2) It's become typical in situations where the installation fails for "TV Show Next Aired" to be the precursor. Why is TV Show Next Aired reaching out to "alelec.net" (this domain gives me a 502 Bad Gateway); log reference:

Code:
17:07:47 T:1804  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)
818.17:10:25 T:3452   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting noop
819.17:11:41 T:3864   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
820.17:11:41 T:3864   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://kodi.alelec.net/repo/repository.alelec/icon.png
821.17:11:42 T:3452   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://kodi.alelec.net/repo/repository.alelec/fanart.jpg
822.17:11:42 T:3864   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://kodi.alelec.net/repo/repository.alelec/icon.png
823.17:17:14 T:2748   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
824.17:17:14 T:2748   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

3) This part shouldn't matter; it's just saying it can't find the changelog which is changelog.txt and not changelog-3.2.04.txt but this is also unusual. No one else's logs have ever reported this either:

Code:
17:17:54 T:2748   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/changelog-3.2.04.txt
827.17:17:54 T:2748   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/changelog-3.2.04.txt>

So a few things I would do: Kodi is at version 16.1 so you should update. Then I would go back, get the Emby Beta Repo addon and try installing again. There are so many things that are just "off" with your log that I just can't explain them.

Alternatively, if you for some reason want to stick with 16.0 version or for some reason encounter the issue after updating and re-updating everything just extract the "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" file to:
Code:
%AppData%\Kodi\addons

When you enable the skin it will take care of the rest assuming you have the repositories installed. Please note, it does take some time for it to load up on first install. You are running an i3 and i3's are pretty low powered processors which means give it a few moments.

In all honesty, I can't explain your log file whatsoever. I have never seen one like it from anybody else.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Okay everyone, as we inch closer and closer to the 17th (release day of AZ:FA 3.2.10 "Spring Update") which will be the last update for at least a month, I am pleased to say that virtually every legacy script has been eliminated from the skin except for one: "script.duration." The goal of the Spring Update is to remove all legacy dependencies so that we can move forward without the need for people to download and install older plugins. So far, this objective has been 66.6% met with "script.duration" being the very last thing that needs to be changed.

However, I have had a fight and a half with this skin to try and remove it in favor of the one built into the Skin Helper Service. I'm sure it's something painfully obvious but I've been working on this update for a while to get rid of the old. So, if anyone can get this skin to actually take to using the Skin Helper Service's duration (readme at: ) rather than script.duration, I would be grateful. Added bonus if you can get the plot overlay function to actually work rather than bring up a black flicker (the only known bug in 3.2.10).

Most of 3.2.10 has been pushed to GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc...e/3.2.10cu but I've had to hold back Rotten Tomatoes temporarily as I figure out a way to get it on the Video Info screen without overcrowding it (I'm thinking placing it below "Overview" as a separate page before "Similar Titles"):

Finally, 3.2.10 will tell you to remove the old legacy helpers. Just uninstall them from Kodi as you normally would. However, since the page isn't dynamically detecting that it's been removed, it will display this:

3.2.10 will re-base the images with the main Arctic Zephyr theme from @jurialmonkey. This has not yet been pushed to GitHub! Also going to shoot @Moor208 a message in regards to the three items I figured should be merged into the skin as well so those obviously don't exist on GitHub yet either. Basically, what I am telling you is that the 3.2.10 on GitHub is not the release 3.2.10.
(2016-05-09, 06:52)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-05-09, 02:40)Choppasmith Wrote: I have the Beta Repo, at least that's what it says I have. I can't find an option anywhere for showing "Unsupported"

Okay, I have taken a look and found a few oddities here and there:

1) I see a DXGI (DirectX) error occur (this is unrelated to the skin installation but it is no less fascinating given this is the first time I've seen it in a log)
2) It's become typical in situations where the installation fails for "TV Show Next Aired" to be the precursor. Why is TV Show Next Aired reaching out to "alelec.net" (this domain gives me a 502 Bad Gateway); log reference:

Code:
17:07:47 T:1804  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)
818.17:10:25 T:3452   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting noop
819.17:11:41 T:3864   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
820.17:11:41 T:3864   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://kodi.alelec.net/repo/repository.alelec/icon.png
821.17:11:42 T:3452   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://kodi.alelec.net/repo/repository.alelec/fanart.jpg
822.17:11:42 T:3864   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://kodi.alelec.net/repo/repository.alelec/icon.png
823.17:17:14 T:2748   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
824.17:17:14 T:2748   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

3) This part shouldn't matter; it's just saying it can't find the changelog which is changelog.txt and not changelog-3.2.04.txt but this is also unusual. No one else's logs have ever reported this either:

Code:
17:17:54 T:2748   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/changelog-3.2.04.txt
827.17:17:54 T:2748   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/changelog-3.2.04.txt>

So a few things I would do: Kodi is at version 16.1 so you should update. Then I would go back, get the Emby Beta Repo addon and try installing again. There are so many things that are just "off" with your log that I just can't explain them.

Alternatively, if you for some reason want to stick with 16.0 version or for some reason encounter the issue after updating and re-updating everything just extract the "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" file to:
Code:
%AppData%\Kodi\addons

When you enable the skin it will take care of the rest assuming you have the repositories installed. Please note, it does take some time for it to load up on first install. You are running an i3 and i3's are pretty low powered processors which means give it a few moments.

In all honesty, I can't explain your log file whatsoever. I have never seen one like it from anybody else.

Alright, I upgraded to 16.1. I tried reinstalling both the regular and the beta Emby repos. Still doesn't show up. I did however unzip and add it to the addon folder manually and yep, that worked. It shows up in the Emby repository as "Incompatible" though. The huge caveat for me though? Whenever I start a video there's this weird flickering on the bottom of the screen (almost like it has trouble loading the info screen that appears when paused as it's about the same size and position). Tried disabling it in the options (at least I think I did) and it's still there. It doesn't do it for playlists though (It'll do it for the first video, but ones after play fine). It might have something to do with that weird DirectX error you found

I really like a lot of the visual tweaks in your version compared to the original Zephyr, but if I may suggest

-Fix the spacing on the "Time after video" display. I mean it's right there in the screenshot you just posted.
-In the original Arctic Zephyr (and other skins), you could use the Extended Info plugin to look up actors and it displays a short biography as well being able to look up other movies and tv shows they're in. The biography is missing in From Ashes. The space where it should be (IMO) usually just has a short sentence of what they're known for.

But because of the weird video glitch and it seems just a bit sluggish for my PC, I think I'll stick with the regular Arctic Zephyr and give the upcoming update you just mentioned a try when it's released. Thank you so much for your help Smile
When I edit the main menu and choose "none" for a specific menu entry in the widget settings, video for example, then there is still the spotlight widget. Is this a bug? I don't want any widget for this entry.
(2016-05-09, 02:40)Choppasmith Wrote: Alright, I upgraded to 16.1. I tried reinstalling both the regular and the beta Emby repos. Still doesn't show up. I did however unzip and add it to the addon folder manually and yep, that worked. It shows up in the Emby repository as "Incompatible" though. The huge caveat for me though? Whenever I start a video there's this weird flickering on the bottom of the screen (almost like it has trouble loading the info screen that appears when paused as it's about the same size and position). Tried disabling it in the options (at least I think I did) and it's still there. It doesn't do it for playlists though (It'll do it for the first video, but ones after play fine). It might have something to do with that weird DirectX error you found

I really like a lot of the visual tweaks in your version compared to the original Zephyr, but if I may suggest

-Fix the spacing on the "Time after video" display. I mean it's right there in the screenshot you just posted.
-In the original Arctic Zephyr (and other skins), you could use the Extended Info plugin to look up actors and it displays a short biography as well being able to look up other movies and tv shows they're in. The biography is missing in From Ashes. The space where it should be (IMO) usually just has a short sentence of what they're known for.

But because of the weird video glitch and it seems just a bit sluggish for my PC, I think I'll stick with the regular Arctic Zephyr and give the upcoming update you just mentioned a try when it's released. Thank you so much for your help Smile

Well, now I know exactly what your problem is: it was given away when you said you saw the "black screen flicker" glitch. That's not the release version. That's actually 3.2.10 on GitHub. The current release version, 3.2.04 doesn't have that issue because it doesn't have that code which is, as you've guessed, it trying to bring up the plot overlay at video start but glitching. There's no option in the 3.2.10 development builds to disable the plot overlay (Info Banner) that's causing that black screen glitch because there's not implementation of it. I do believe there's a Plot Overlay option within the skin settings but that was for a now defunct functionality.

1) The spacing is actually going to be fixed; it wasn't a major concern since in a full screen version (i.e. 1080p) the clock is actually a few pixels before the number so they don't overlap. Actually, I think it's addressed in the code but was implemented when I posted that screenshot.

2) Extended Info is actually there but its functionality is a little outdated as well (hasn't been touched since 2015) so you get brief things like that or incomplete information.

Finally, as I did say, the video glitch wasn't your PC and likely your installation problems were you getting it from GitHub which appends "-master" or "-version" depending to the folder that's been zipped. Skin Helper expects it to be "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" and not "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-master" or something else. As for being resource intensive, AZ:E and AZ:FA have always been "heavy weight" modifications but aside from the initial slowness while updating/installing I haven't heard much of any complaints and there are people using this on Android, SHIELD, FireTV, and small older systems (I run this on my Core 2 Duo Mac from 2010 and my Dual Xeon E5-2620s and a Core i7-3770K) so most of the realm is fairly covered. Perhaps too many tasks are slowing down that i3 or it's one of those energy saver variants?

(2016-05-10, 13:12)bambule Wrote: When I edit the main menu and choose "none" for a specific menu entry in the widget settings, video for example, then there is still the spotlight widget. Is this a bug? I don't want any widget for this entry.

Known bug. Widgets have not been touched since AZ:E which had its last release around September 2015. I do have to explain this from time to time but AZ:FA is the successor to AZ:E, a skin modification which was as popular as this one. The original scope of AZ:FA was just to keep it functionally working as Kodi updates. Now, well now AZ:FA has taken on a life of its own and has gone well beyond that scope. However, as a result, maintaining it is far more complicated and things take a little longer to fix. Believe me when I say there have been times where I thought about putting $50 or $100 into escrow and release it to whoever fixes something I could not (i.e. the info banner) but I'm pretty certain such actions are prohibited.

End of the day: it's a bug; it will be fixed at some point. Honestly however, even though I call it a "bug" it might not be as that's what AZ:E did as well - defaulted to spotlight widget no matter what. Widgets themselves are however a bit bugged.
Oh ok, thank you.

Now I have another problem. When I reboot my RaspPi (Opelelec), I get in a bootloop and Kodi will not start.
Reinstalling of openelec works and thean I can reboot. But reinstalling az:fa will end up in a bootloop.
(2016-05-12, 07:56)bambule Wrote: Oh ok, thank you.

Now I have another problem. When I reboot my RaspPi (Opelelec), I get in a bootloop and Kodi will not start.
Reinstalling of openelec works and thean I can reboot. But reinstalling az:fa will end up in a bootloop.

I have run into the same issue with a fresh install of OSMC. After selecting AZ:FA everything works fine, till it restarts kodi after which it will crash without a clear crash error message. I have all the logs available here:
http://paste.osmc.io/qosozunece

this are the logs with debugging enabled:
http://paste.osmc.io/akukiqexoq

The only error I noticed was ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musicvisualisation. However I solved that issue by removing part of a line that is trowing the issue. But after that it still crashes. If I edit the config manually and change the skin to something else it boots fine and I can change it back.
OK so I can stop my OSMC installation. Big Grin

Anybody solved the issue permanently?
Got it working under Xbian, by installing all the dependencies from zip, followed by installing the skin from the zip file. Kodi still shows the skin as Incompatible on the repo (Missing Dependencies, contact author) however everything seems to work now. Still couldn't get it to work on OSMC though with all the same files.
(2016-05-12, 17:36)Jurre Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 07:56)bambule Wrote: Oh ok, thank you.

I have run into the same issue with a fresh install of OSMC. After selecting AZ:FA everything works fine, till it restarts kodi after which it will crash without a clear crash error message. I have all the logs available here:
http://paste.osmc.io/qosozunece

this are the logs with debugging enabled:
http://paste.osmc.io/akukiqexoq

The only error I noticed was ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musicvisualisation. However I solved that issue by removing part of a line that is trowing the issue. But after that it still crashes. If I edit the config manually and change the skin to something else it boots fine and I can change it back.

I am not really certain what to do here as I don't have OSMC or a device that runs OSMC. The only thing I did note is that based on the logs you provided, Kodi is throwing a Segmentation Fault which would be out of my hands and that the Windows Display Manager (not "Windows" but the "X Windows System" or "LightDM" it seems) is also throwing a fault.

If I had a Raspberry Pi to test with, I would gladly look into it but I don't Sad.

(2016-05-12, 19:51)bambule Wrote: OK so I can stop my OSMC installation. Big Grin

Anybody solved the issue permanently?

Maybe 3.2.10 will fix it? Who knows. Just reading the logs show a few faults before AZ:FA is ever initialized but I don't know how OSMC works nor do I have a Raspberry Pi as much as I want to pick one up.

(2016-05-13, 01:23)Jurre Wrote: Got it working under Xbian, by installing all the dependencies from zip, followed by installing the skin from the zip file. Kodi still shows the skin as Incompatible on the repo (Missing Dependencies, contact author) however everything seems to work now. Still couldn't get it to work on OSMC though with all the same files.

This makes me think it's OSMC than if another application works on the platform. Don't worry, those dependencies will be suppressed in 3.2.10.

--

So a few updates on the road to the "Spring 2016" Update for today and a little request for assistance in two things.

First, I decided to fix the time display over the cover art as you recall from "Jessica Jones." The corrected version:

Second, I spoke with @Hustler1337 a little while back to get Rotten Tomatoes integrated in a nice fashion for AZ:FA but it's hit a few bumps and this is where a little request for assistance comes in. DialogVideoInfo.xml contains the information for Rotten Tomatoes which now has a button that appears:

When you hover over Rotten Tomatoes nothing happens:

There's a reason for that. When the feature was implemented it would (a) not actually pull the data for the respective title and (b) cause "Similar Titles" to not display with a "Sorry, we could not find any similar titles" message. Similar titles is of course this lovely feature:

Now, do not mind that it doesn't display cast pictures: my Kodi is linked to Emby so it gets all its information from Emby Server which wasn't running until I took the screenshot of "Jessica Jones."

The other thing I need help with: killing "script.duration." I got some helpful advice from @im85288:

Quote:The first one can be found in includes_osd: Furniture_OSDClock

The second one have you changed the DurationLongVideoInfo variable in Includes_Labels

The third one is easy enough done, just use a skin setting and set this when the "onclick" action of the button occurs..similar to what you see in the skinsettings xml. You can use a toggle button or radio button if you prefer. So your onclick will do something like this:

<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(videoinfo.rottentomatoes)</onclick>

then in DialogVideoInfo have a visible tag in the rotten tomatoes label eg:

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(videoinfo.rottentomatoes)</visible>

The fourth one, I'm not sure what you mean. I think when you have overview selected in your screenshot it shows the cast, when you click someone it shows the extended info version which is skinned in: script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo

Hopefully that helps you progress Smile

Cheers

However, I broke more things than I could count in trying to get "script.duration" killed in favor of Skin Helper's built in time tracking. Also, I much prefer the implementation of Rotten Tomatoes that I asked permission to use; it's clean and nice - the problem is just getting it to work with a button.

So any assistance there would be appreciated from anyone!

Finally, the last things to do besides the above before 3.2.10:

Re-base Images from AZ Original
Re-base the MPAA Flags
Switch out en-GB for en-US as English Default
Submit 4.0.0 of the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Audio Suite to Kodi Repo (contains new "Startup Sound" for the Autumn 2016 Update)

Last, but not least, everyone should give a big thank you to @minus0 for implementing an even further enhanced color selector. I will show off images of customization prior to release.

Oh, do not download the GitHub master! I accidentally merged a branch into it containing 3.2.10 code. You will run into errors.

And anyone that can assist, the branch is "3.2.10cu."
I won't be able to help you with the programming, but I just created an account here to thank you for all the hard work you are putting in this theme.
I am having the same problems on osmc as posted above (boot loop) but I'm very curious to see if the may 17 update will fix this.
No other theme comes even close to this one.

So, thank you Guardian Hope and all the others who are helping you.
(2016-04-23, 12:56)rsoares Wrote: Hello guardian hope, Why the backgroud of the busy loader is not transparente?

Thanks
Quote:I have the same issue since a week. Nothing major but Arctic Zephyr is so beautiful that it looks weird.
guardian hope Wrote:Okay, someone please tell me what the "background busy loader" actually is. Is that the screen for "Content Loading" because that's how it's always been.
--

hello,

the backgroud of the busy loader is this,

In Arctic: Zephyr appears as,

In Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes appears as,

Image.

----

It would be nice if the mod it had a widget aspect Wink

thanks
Hi everyone
Anyone know where the re-fresh button has gone in the movie info screen?
On most skins when you press "i" on a movie it shows info screen about the item but in this skin its missing the refresh button.
(2016-05-15, 11:52)rsoares Wrote:
(2016-04-23, 12:56)rsoares Wrote: Hello guardian hope, Why the backgroud of the busy loader is not transparente?

Thanks
Quote:I have the same issue since a week. Nothing major but Arctic Zephyr is so beautiful that it looks weird.
guardian hope Wrote:Okay, someone please tell me what the "background busy loader" actually is. Is that the screen for "Content Loading" because that's how it's always been.
--

hello,

the backgroud of the busy loader is this,

In Arctic: Zephyr appears as,

In Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes appears as,

Image.

----

It would be nice if the mod it had a widget aspect Wink

thanks

Well, fortunately it seems I found the busy loader XML in about two seconds so it will slip its way into 3.2.10. The reason From Ashes' busy loader is the way it is compared to the others is that From Ashes' roots are based on a much earlier version Arctic Zephyr itself. So why not rebase everything? From Ashes diverged too much that a rebase can easily break everything but if this is the right XML you'll have a fully customizable busy loader for the 3.2.10 release in similar fashion to the normal AZ skin.

(2016-05-15, 17:04)Nekromantik Wrote: Hi everyone
Anyone know where the re-fresh button has gone in the movie info screen?
On most skins when you press "i" on a movie it shows info screen about the item but in this skin its missing the refresh button.

On the info screen it's the refresh symbol (third button). Look at the images for "Jessica Jones" and "Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments," it's the same dialog in whether it's movie or TV show.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7