• 329(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-05-17, 22:44)tymmy Wrote: I have a question about setting my path to the Music Library. My Structure is
Shared Music
cdart
Mp3-A >Artist>Album
Mp3-B>Artist>Album and so forth to MP3-Z>Artist>Album..
When entering my source to scan in kodi I have entered each directory Mp3-A, then a new source of MP3-B and so forth to MP3-Z.
This has work fine for scanning my music into kodi. When madnox asks for path to music library I have it set to the cdart directory where the cdart script ads the logos.
I thinking it would be better to set my path to each source as I have in Kodi, But no sure if that's possible and the best way to do it.

Your file structure isn't going to work in Madnox in anyway unfortunately. It is designed to generally have Artist @ level 2 so for your's to work you would have to have:

MP3 > Artist > Album

It can only use a 3 level folder structure, yours is 4. Not sure why you would want 26 music folders and sources, seems alot of work?. Please note most other skins will probably be the same as well with regards to how your music should be built @ folder level, but if you aren't willing to re-structure your music folders then you won't get the full Madnox music artwork benefits.

You would then set the path to MP3 and the structure to Artist/Album. Then Madnox would be able to get the artwork. But Madnox is in a transition with Music and artwork, meowmoo is converting parts to use the Ski,Helper addon and it music mechanisms but he's doing this bit by bit. So some might still use old method i.e. setting the path and structure, some might use the new method which I believe you need to still set a patch in Skin.helper settings. Not looked much into it as busy with other stuff right now.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-05-18, 01:04)MatLCFC Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 22:20)MatLCFC Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 11:51)meowmoo Wrote: you listen with spotify?

so there is no lokal Cdart?

all views beside altviz2 using $INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png, so if there is no lokal cd art you dont get cdart,

I need to change it to use skinhelper for showing cdart

try this home.xml and tell me if its working

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...nRvbk5KOTg

here is the music viz xml pls try and report back
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...zU5NnFSd2c

You sir, are a legend!!! Thank-you

It's seems to be working like a charm. Looks great!

Really impressed with how this works.
Ive just noticed a small glitch...If no cdart exists, the writing on the disc is also spinning in the bottom left corner. (as below)

Another general question.... when grabbing logo/cdart/artist backgrounds. Does the program request images in any sort of order eg. logo then cdart etc, or is it random.?
I've noticed sometimes artwork pulls through quickly & other times it can take 30 secs+ to load.
I wondered if it was easy to configure it to grab the small files logo/cdart & then the backgrounds. Just a thought, not sure it it is something you can change?

What is the glitch? that the disc has the text spinning? that is not a glitch, that is Madnoxs fake disc solution, if no real cdart exists we build a fake disc with handwritten text on it (Artist & Album) and that is what looks to being displayed correctly.

Art is not requested in any order, it is accessed in various different ways in various different views. Where is it sometimes taking 30+ secs to load? In a view? if so which view? in the home screen?

When saying things are slow it would help if you let us know where you are exactly and what you are doing when it is slow?

EDIT : Sorry couldn't see the issue on the left, will add it to the list, thanks.
(2016-05-17, 17:07)ShadowTek Wrote: Hi schimi,
I knew about the actor toggle, I was referring to the info on click for widgets on the info I quoted that Bob posted Smile

How did you add your audiobook folder as a fie list? The only way I've seen to add it was as a video folder? Is there another was to navigate to it?

maybe this will help ?

watch gallery
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Hey guys, I want to add my boxset collections, ie Transporter Collection, Star Wars Collection, from my movies library as a widget on the movies main menu screen, do I need to create a new playlist for this to work properly, any help would be appreciated
(2016-05-18, 09:25)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 22:44)tymmy Wrote: I have a question about setting my path to the Music Library. My Structure is
Shared Music
cdart
Mp3-A >Artist>Album
When entering my source to scan in kodi I have entered each directory Mp3-A, then a new source of MP3-B and so forth to MP3-Z.
This has work fine for scanning my music into kodi. When madnox asks for path to music library I have it set to the cdart directory where the cdart script ads the logos.
I thinking it would be better to set my path to each source as I have in Kodi, But no sure if that's possible and the best way to do it.

Your file structure isn't going to work in Madnox in anyway unfortunately. It is designed to generally have Artist @ level 2 so for your's to work you would have to have:

MP3 > Artist > Album

It can only use a 3 level folder structure, yours is 4. Not sure why you would want 26 music folders and sources, seems alot of work?. Please note most other skins will probably be the same as well with regards to how your music should be built @ folder level, but if you aren't willing to re-structure your music folders then you won't get the full Madnox music artwork benefits.

You would then set the path to MP3 and the structure to Artist/Album. Then Madnox would be able to get the artwork. But Madnox is in a transition with Music and artwork, meowmoo is converting parts to use the Ski,Helper addon and it music mechanisms but he's doing this bit by bit. So some might still use old method i.e. setting the path and structure, some might use the new method which I believe you need to still set a patch in Skin.helper settings. Not looked much into it as busy with other stuff right now.

Thanks Mike , that 4 level format started along time ago (10 years or more) prior to Kodi or xbmc. Since its a large music library at the time it was done to make it easier to navigate no so any more. I have nursed it this far but its time to change it to 3 levels. I have liked the work that meowmoo has done. Now if I can just find where skin helper settings are.
(2016-05-18, 17:03)ziggy231 Wrote: Hey guys, I want to add my boxset collections, ie Transporter Collection, Star Wars Collection, from my movies library as a widget on the movies main menu screen, do I need to create a new playlist for this to work properly, any help would be appreciated

There should be a 'sets' widget already look in movie library option when selecting a wiget
(2016-05-18, 17:16)tymmy Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 09:25)Mike_Doc Wrote:
Shared Music
cdart
Mp3-A >Artist>Album

MP3 > Artist > Album

Thanks Mike , that 4 level format started along time ago (10 years or more) prior to Kodi or xbmc. Since its a large music library at the time it was done to make it easier to navigate no so any more. I have nursed it this far but its time to change it to 3 levels. I have liked the work that meowmoo has done. Now if I can just find where skin helper settings are.

Good luck and if have problems just let us know, some of us use Music a lot in Kodi so have gone through all this, plus tagging etc. etc. to try and get it good in Kodi.

To find skin helper settings go to - system >> add-ons >> system >> dependencies >> Skin Helper Service
(2016-05-18, 09:30)Mike_Doc Wrote: What is the glitch? that the disc has the text spinning? that is not a glitch, that is Madnoxs fake disc solution, if no real cdart exists we build a fake disc with handwritten text on it (Artist & Album) and that is what looks to being displayed correctly.

Art is not requested in any order, it is accessed in various different ways in various different views. Where is it sometimes taking 30+ secs to load? In a view? if so which view? in the home screen?

When saying things are slow it would help if you let us know where you are exactly and what you are doing when it is slow?

EDIT : Sorry couldn't see the issue on the left, will add it to the list, thanks.

Sorry Mike, it wasn't the clearest picture!
Just to add, I also tested the view with the disc in the bottom left corner & the writing also spins bottom centre. So it happens both ways round.

Yes. In the home screen & fullscreen views. Sometimes the artwork loads pretty quickly & other times it can take up to a 30 secs +. Not doing any other tasks.
I just wondered if there was anyway it could be tweaked? The logo/cdart files downloaded first (small files) & then the backgrounds... just a thought not sure if it is possible or if it would speed things up?

Another thought I had. It would be great if there was an option to save the downloaded fanart/logo/cdart (captured by skin helper service) to the fanart folder.
This would mean the next time the artist played the fanart would already be stored locally & would load instantly. Just an idea, again not sure how feasible it is?

One last thing to mention. I love having Spotify integration. Personally, I don't download mp3 these days.
Is there anyway the skinhelper service could be extended to the other screens?

Artist - I do get a thumbnail but no logos/fanarts

Image Image

Albums - Just the covers again no logos/fanarts

Image Image
About skin helper saving the Art in the lokal folder
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2338003

I allready asking the dev.

I will fix the home screen and add some info here about music art and skinhelper when I'm sitting on the PC later Smile
Ah, you are already on it! Yeah, It would be a really useful addition.

Thanks! Appreciate the help & patience.
the handwriting on home screen is fixed on git

im 90% sure Tongue, that I changed all music Art (banner/logo/cdart) to skinhelper but i will take one more look...

So if you are a new or "lazy" user, you dont need to setup anything, skinhelper do the job, and you should get all the Art in every view (if its available), so the skin option "add path to music art" should not be necessary anymore, but need some testing because im just 90% sure ^^

if you store your music logos/banner and stuff lokal on a NAS or so, you can point Skinhelper to that folder and skinhelper will use that art. ( @mike can we add a option to point from the skin to the skinhelper settings? )

@tymmy like mike sayed, a 3 lvl setup is best you can read more here http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_library

@ MatLCFC episode view ( you first pic) dont support any music logo same gos for wall view no logos here.

we can add skinhelper fanart for backgrounds, but im not sure where to look for it (@mike point me to the right xml pls Tongue ) but i want do finish my MusicPanel view, when its done i will dig into other xml's Smile
Thank-you!

I tried the google docs (link) Home.xml... it didn't seem to fix things for me (I probably did something wrong!).
The Home.xml from github is working for me perfectly, no glitch now. Thanks.

Ok.No worries. Backgrounds would be good though...I do like this skin helper service + a great skin. Good stuff!
New View Music Panel now on Git ;P

pls don't find any bugs Big Grin

video is much cooler than pics Cool

Started using SPMC and installed madnox last night, working great so far. The problem of black screen on boot up seems to be caused by the intro video as disabling it solved the issue. I have a question for anyone using an android box and spmc though, does hvec playback work fine with the standard accelerators on? Or do you change them at all... Thanks!
Hi

Not sure if I am having a blonde moment or not :/

Just got the latest version from GIT (Master branch for Jarvis - Link Github) yet cannot see the new Music Panel view. I can see it in the files but no option to select under viewtypes.

Do I need to reset or activate anything to see this view?

Thanks

Brent
  • 329(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39