Dolby ATMOS & DTS:X BD's Tested on Capable Systems
Carrying over the conversation from the AVR thread to here about ATMOS/X content and results on Chromebox, Intel NUC MVC, HiMedia Q10 Pro and other Kodi-capable systems...

(2016-04-26, 14:52)movie78 Wrote: Time to get your IMMERSIVE AUDIO MOVIEs READY

DOLBY ATMOS MOVIES

DTS:X MOVIES

List of ATMOS Movies

(2016-05-12, 14:57)hdmkv Wrote: Just bought these, or have ordered Big Grin ...

- Leon (ATMOS)
- The Fifth Element (ATMOS)
- Ip Man 3 (DTS:X)
- Lucy (HK) (ATMOS)
- The Last Witch Hunter (DTS:X)

On pre-order:
- Gods of Egypt 3D (DTS:X)
- 10 Cloverfield Lane (ATMOS)

I ordered 'Lucy' ATMOS from DDDHouse.com.

But, just got 'Ip Man 3' from Amazon, and even though 'DTS:X' is clearly indicated on the back cover, it appears to be DTS:MA 7.1 only??

Ip Man 3:
Code:
Audio
ID                                       : 2
ID in the original source medium         : 4352 (0x1100)
Format                                   : DTS
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                           : MA / Core
Mode                                     : 16
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Duration                                 : 1h 44mn
Bit rate mode                            : Variable / Constant
Bit rate                                 : 6 594 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate                               : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless / Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : 2s 0ms
Stream size                              : 4.82 GiB (24%)
Title                                    : Surround 7.1
Language                                 : Chinese
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

By comparison, Ex Machina:
Code:
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : DTS
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                           : X / MA / Core
Mode                                     : 16
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Bit rate mode                            : Variable / Variable / Constant
Bit rate                                 : Unknown / Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            :  / 48.0 KHz / 48.0 KHz
Frame rate                               : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
Bit depth                                :  / 24 bits / 24 bits
Compression mode                         :  / Lossless / Lossy
Title                                    : Surround 7.1
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Am I missing something? Is 'Ip Man 3' really X? Both of the above ripped w/MakeMKV.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-05-14, 01:11)hdmkv Wrote: Carrying over the conversation from the AVR thread to here about ATMOS/X content and results on Chromebox, Intel NUC MVC, HiMedia Q10 Pro and other Kodi-capable systems...

[quote='movie78' pid='2321105' dateline='1461675172']

Am I missing something? Is 'Ip Man 3' really X? Both of the above ripped w/MakeMKV.

Yes!

Try to play it on you AVR and you will see the DTS:X logo.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Okay, thanks. Just odd that MediaInfo sees the MakeMKV rip as having only MA for it, while for 'Ex Machina' and 'The Last Witch Hunter', it clearly shows 'X' and 'Object Based'.

Maybe just a meta-tagging issue to 'Ip Man 3'?
My HT
What is your experience ordering from DDDHouse.com?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Awful site (clunky, slooow), but reliable service. Cheaper than YesAsia.
My HT
(2016-05-15, 16:57)hdmkv Wrote: Awful site (clunky, slooow), but reliable service. Cheaper than YesAsia.

Thanks!
Just sampled a bit of 'Gods of Egypt' 3D ... mixed to the max for DTS:X it seems Big Grin! Hoping to watch in full next weekend. Had a hard time ripping as there were so many exact looking playlists. Finally figured out (0434.mpls, at least on the disc I have).
My HT
Tonight I watched Enchanted Kingdom in 3D and Atmos. Holy crap! Of course the PQ was great but the AQ is no slouch either, it's actually the highlight on the disc IMO. Some great separation throughout the movie. Highly recommended.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-23, 11:43)ArieS Wrote: Tonight I watched Enchanted Kingdom in 3D and Atmos. Holy crap! Of course the PQ was great but the AQ is no slouch either, it's actually the highlight on the disc IMO. Some great separation throughout the movie. Highly recommended.

I love the Atmos track on that Disc, special that Thunder sound..
(2016-05-23, 01:17)hdmkv Wrote: Just sampled a bit of 'Gods of Egypt' 3D ... mixed to the max for DTS:X it seems Big Grin! Hoping to watch in full next weekend. Had a hard time ripping as there were so many exact looking playlists. Finally figured out (0434.mpls, at least on the disc I have).

its a horrible movie, but a decent release in 3D as the special effects are neat and the audio is good, i watched it last night, had to search for a bit to find the right playlist also, cloneBD reported 203 as the correct track at first.

the many many playlists are a copy protection, only the one (434 here too) plays the chapters in the right order the rest scramble the chapters to make it un watchable..
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Movie did get bad reviews, but it's slim pickings these days with 3D, so I'm getting even crappy movies.
My HT
(2016-05-23, 15:28)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 01:17)hdmkv Wrote: Just sampled a bit of 'Gods of Egypt' 3D ... mixed to the max for DTS:X it seems Big Grin! Hoping to watch in full next weekend. Had a hard time ripping as there were so many exact looking playlists. Finally figured out (0434.mpls, at least on the disc I have).

its a horrible movie, but a decent release in 3D as the special effects are neat and the audio is good, i watched it last night, had to search for a bit to find the right playlist also, cloneBD reported 203 as the correct track at first.

the many many playlists are a copy protection, only the one (434 here too) plays the chapters in the right order the rest scramble the chapters to make it un watchable..

Delete!
Not yet... traveling this week, so hopefully this weekend. Playlist 434 is also what users are reporting in some forums. This must be a Lionsgate disc right? I recall previous ones having crazy playlists and correct playlist varying by retail vs. regions vs. Redbox/rental types.
My HT
(2016-05-23, 16:15)hdmkv Wrote: Movie did get bad reviews, but it's slim pickings these days with 3D, so I'm getting even crappy movies.

Lol!!

This is the US release 3D movie with DTS:X , 3D with DTS:X I got no complaintsBig Grin
(2016-05-23, 16:15)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 15:28)dukester Wrote:

Were you able to watch the entire movie with that playlist ?

yes sir, i was able to at least! Its called ScreenPass Protection,

ill take anything 3D now also, lol.

the 3D is good in this film its just a horrible and cheesy movie.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby ATMOS & DTS:X BD's Tested on Capable Systems0