• 61(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-06-05, 17:36)dmdsoftware Wrote: Any suggestions on best options for storing DVDs for streaming? upload the discs in file format (VOB?), package in iso, etc?
We tried some time ago and it appeared that gDrive had no problem streaming unconverted ISOs for Kodi to work on, if you remember. If that is confirmed, I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you could have one folder per DVD and inside have all *.IFOs and *.VOBs... that way it would prove usefule in case you need to play them without Kodi, on a player not supporting ISOs directly (but I'm not sure if then Kodi would be able to read it as it would need to access multiple files, I'm afraid it would fail... have a try, I'd say).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-06-06, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 17:36)dmdsoftware Wrote: Any suggestions on best options for storing DVDs for streaming? upload the discs in file format (VOB?), package in iso, etc?
We tried some time ago and it appeared that gDrive had no problem streaming unconverted ISOs for Kodi to work on, if you remember. If that is confirmed, I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you could have one folder per DVD and inside have all *.IFOs and *.VOBs... that way it would prove usefule in case you need to play them without Kodi, on a player not supporting ISOs directly (but I'm not sure if then Kodi would be able to read it as it would need to access multiple files, I'm afraid it would fail... have a try, I'd say).

Yep, a few pages back we were discussing this. I'm wondering if the ISO is the best way to go. Will try it on a small test disc.

I do have some VOBs uploaded prior, and I noticed they are streamable and Google even makes transcoded copies available. I'm wondering if multiple audio tracks would work or if they would get lost. The VOBs I've tested either only have one track or at least only one audio track appears.
The problem with VOBs is that you do not launch the movie from the VOB, you launch it from VIDEO_TS.IFO. And that file has the information needed to handle moving from one VOB to the other. This is what I'm saying I'm not sure the plugin/Kodi will be able to handle. Because, as far as I know, save from subtitles, the plugin doesn't allow for a file to call another file. I might be wrong, it's your plugin after all. Big Grin
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-06-08, 13:27)ashlar Wrote: The problem with VOBs is that you do not launch the movie from the VOB, you launch it from VIDEO_TS.IFO. And that file has the information needed to handle moving from one VOB to the other. This is what I'm saying I'm not sure the plugin/Kodi will be able to handle. Because, as far as I know, save from subtitles, the plugin doesn't allow for a file to call another file. I might be wrong, it's your plugin after all. Big Grin

I'll have to do some testing for the various DVD scenarios (ISO, directory containing the files and playing back the IFO file). Got to upload tests videos, which will take a while as my upload queue is full. Plus DVDs tend to be 4GB minimum in length.
Hi. Long time no see.

Finally got it working!! Box M8S+ decrying encfs directly from the cloud! I'm back to Kodi Smile

Dmd, there is someway to read .srt subs in gdrive with encfs? Thank you.
(2016-06-12, 16:48)tim4k Wrote: Hi. Long time no see.

Finally got it working!! Box M8S+ decrying encfs directly from the cloud! I'm back to Kodi Smile

Dmd, there is someway to read .srt subs in gdrive with encfs? Thank you.

Yes, it should be.
I'm on testing and the .srt doesn't load. Also the file always downloads in background, even if I stop the movie.

It's better to try the stable?
gdrive 0.7.17 doesn't list mkvs.
gdrive testing lists and play. But keeps downloading the whole file. Subs will not load.
(2016-06-12, 20:51)tim4k Wrote: gdrive 0.7.17 doesn't list mkvs.
gdrive testing lists and play. But keeps downloading the whole file. Subs will not load.

Are you talking about with encfs, because srt support can be done with encfs but is not in testing.
Yes, with encfs, from google drive.

The stable doesn't list mkvs. And the testing lists but doesn't load the .srt.

Also, kodi keeps downloading the file and I have to shutdown the box to make it stop.
(2016-06-13, 10:54)tim4k Wrote: Yes, with encfs, from google drive.

Also, kodi keeps downloading the file and I have to shutdown the box to make it stop.

I will check into the issue. There should be a setting already in Settings to stop downloading if playback is stopped.
(2016-06-13, 10:54)tim4k Wrote: Yes, with encfs, from google drive.

Can you advise on what setting you have for in Addon-Settings, Cache, "Continue downloaidng after player is user-stopped"?
I'm at work right now. I will check and write when get home. But, if my memory serves me right, I think that option is turned off.
The option "Continue downloading after player is user-stopped" is off. But the download continues.

I'm on OpenELEC 6.95.1.1 Kodi 16.1-RC3
Encfs 1.8.1
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12