• 76(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2016-06-09, 18:49)KrispyKreme Wrote: Thanks Scott for the answer. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my settings off but I know I have the content folder scraper and iTunes scraper in my settings. I don't want trailers from movies in my library to play, only upcoming movies like in the cinema. StereoscopyNews.com never works at all. Most, if not all my trailers are in the content folder because I download them from movie-list.com in lossless quality. I put my 3d trailers in the content folder but when I run the sequence, they are never recognized even with the appropriate tags(.3D., SBS, TAB) . Now 2D trailers do work just fine. Is it possible to add in a future update a separate folder for 3D trailers? Also will cinema vision ever be able to read nfo data info we add to trailers like Cinema Experience did? It allowed us to put our own info like genre, plot, etc so the right trailers would play before the movie based on genre if we downloaded our own into the folder. Right now it is just random ones playing from the folder. Once again, thanks Scott! love the addon and looking forward to future updates and helping improve the experience.Wink

Of course! If you don't want trailers for movies in your library, you're doing it right. That comes from enabling the Kodi DB scraper. StereoscopyNews.com isn't terribly reliable, unfortunately. The framework is in place to add a ton of scrapers in future releases, we just have to code them. Smile Thankfully, Movie-List.com is one of the scrapers high on the list to add. We'll also be adding a feature that will allow you to download those trailers locally to your %CVROOT%\Trailers directory when you update content. That could potentially become a problem, because not everyone has the storage for that. We're trying to figure out how to better manage that.

We likely wont add another folder for 3D trailers, but we will find a way to get it working and get 3D to coexist with 2D trailers in the same directory. Adding recursive searches may make the content update drag on, which we want to avoid. You can't enjoy your content if it's constantly updating, after all. We'll see what works best when we're developing the feature and go with that. As far as NFO files, sort of? We won't be using NFO files, but we will be using XML files. We use XML as our standard for trivia slides and ratings systems, so it makes sense to stick with that. We have plans for a huge system that will even allow you to tag your trivia slides and play specific stuff using those tags during your sequence. I don't see why we wouldn't allow that for local trailers in the %CVROOT%\Trailers directory. When we built this thing, I honestly didn't know CE could do that or it would've been in our requirements document. There are probably a few features like that I'm just not aware of. Smile I'm not sure if the tagging feature will be something that you can do inside of Kodi, or if it's something that will have to be done externally and read in. We'll know more when we start to flesh out that feature.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hey! I've googled a bit, but haven't found an answer, so I'll ask here.

I can't get the Audio Format Bumber-thingy to work. I've downloaded a bunch of demos and put them in this format: https://gyazo.com/97279bec2ce70bb6cf86cb0af02915c9

But where do I tell CV to actually use them? I can't find any settings to direct the Audio Format Bumber to that specific folder?
(2016-06-12, 23:33)Lahme Wrote: Hey! I've googled a bit, but haven't found an answer, so I'll ask here.

I can't get the Audio Format Bumber-thingy to work. I've downloaded a bunch of demos and put them in this format: https://gyazo.com/97279bec2ce70bb6cf86cb0af02915c9

But where do I tell CV to actually use them? I can't find any settings to direct the Audio Format Bumber to that specific folder?

Hey there! You don't actually have to build out a directory structure at all. CinemaVision will do it for you, and use that structure to catalog your content. Follow this Guide and you'll be in good shape. From there, you simply drop the bumpers into the appropriate %CVROOT%\Audio Format Bumpers\... directory and do a content update so that CinemaVision knows that your bumpers exist. All you need after that is an Audio Format Bumper Module in your Sequence set to play the way you want it to and you're done.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hey guys!
Thanks for the great work with this addon.
Now I haven't read all of the pages, so please bear with me if this question has been asked before...
Would it be possible to automatically pull the trivia from IMDB and show it as popups over the end credits (last 4 minutes of the movie or so)?
(2016-06-20, 16:46)mancer Wrote: Hey guys!
Thanks for the great work with this addon.
Now I haven't read all of the pages, so please bear with me if this question has been asked before...
Would it be possible to automatically pull the trivia from IMDB and show it as popups over the end credits (last 4 minutes of the movie or so)?

You're welcome! I'm not sure if it's been asked either, but I'm not one of those guys who minds answering questions. Unfortunately, that's not possible at this time. First, I don't generally trust the accuracy and grammar of trivia on IMDB. Big Grin Second, we've never had a request for a pop-up style trivia over the credits. I'm not sure if that's possible in Kodi, but I can add the idea to our list and we can explore it when we start our next round of development. The one thing I immediately see when building the idea out is that we won't be able to tell if there are stingers in the credits and stop the pop-ups. We have plans to try to integrate a stinger warning system, so we might be able to play off of that.

We did kick around the idea of dynamic trivia that builds from sources (most likely directly from our site) on the internet, but it's going to be very difficult to get text and graphical effects that we can get out of Photoshop. With CSS3, we might be able to re-create some of the effects, but it's a huge learning curve for us and I'm not 100% sure Kodi is capable of building and displaying a webpage like that. Ultimately, our goal is to have motion trivia slides (little videos that we make with trivia questions on them) just like in the theater, and we definitely can't do that on the fly.

Thanks for your detailed reply.
I see your concerns there... obvious for something dynamic we'd have to rely on the infos being correct... but that's the same with the whole scraper system Kodi uses.
CSS3 might be a way to cope with different text length and such, but it'd probably be a hassle to get Kodi to show it.
Some skins (like Confluence and Unity) use a sort of popup when navigating over the 3D and subtitles button, maybe it's possible to make use of that.
While it definitely looks pretty with the pre-built slides, making the trivia dynamic (either on slides or as popups) makes it way easier to provied (and faster to get) those infos. Also, you can theoretically make trivia available in different languages (just like the movie scraper do).
(2016-06-20, 17:58)mancer Wrote: Thanks for your detailed reply.
I see your concerns there... obvious for something dynamic we'd have to rely on the infos being correct... but that's the same with the whole scraper system Kodi uses.
CSS3 might be a way to cope with different text length and such, but it'd probably be a hassle to get Kodi to show it.
Some skins (like Confluence and Unity) use a sort of popup when navigating over the 3D and subtitles button, maybe it's possible to make use of that.
While it definitely looks pretty with the pre-built slides, making the trivia dynamic (either on slides or as popups) makes it way easier to provied (and faster to get) those infos. Also, you can theoretically make trivia available in different languages (just like the movie scraper do).

You're absolutely right. That's why we were kicking around the idea of, if we went the dynamic route, hosting a database ourselves that the CinemaVision community could control. In that scenario, we'd want to give users in the community the ability to submit new trivia questions, suggest modifications to existing trivia questions, and so on. That will help us ensure that we have the most accurate, current information and everyone can participate. We are a long way from that, though. We may do something like that soon that we will then use to build all of our trivia content, but the dynamic slide creation is currently a pipe dream. Smile You're absolutely right about the language benefit, though. That would be incredibly helpful.

I'm not sure what controls exist to make that possible, and I'm not sure if we can control the placement and size of that pop-up window. I did add the suggestion to the list, so we'll talk to our developer about it as soon as he's ready for us.

I have been playing around with this addon today and I can't get it to work how I want it to.

What I want is?

1. Trailer for an unwatched movie in my library
  2. Trailer for a random movie
  3. Trailer for an upcoming movie

Can I do this? If so, how?
(2016-06-21, 09:17)CAM STEW Wrote: I have been playing around with this addon today and I can't get it to work how I want it to.

What I want is?

Hey there! So what you'll want to do is create a new Sequence. Here's a guide that explains more about Sequences. You'll want to do the following:
  • Open the Sequence Editor.
  • Hit C on the keyboard to bring up the context menu.
  • Choose New.
  • Add the following modules from left to right:
    • Trailer Module
    • Trailer Module
    • Trailer Module
    • Feature Module
    • Command Module
  • Edit the first Trailer Module and set the Scraper filter to iTunes only.
  • Edit the second Trailer Module and set the Scraper filter to both iTunes and Kodi DB.
  • Edit the third Trailer Module and set the Scraper filter to Kodi DB only.
  • Edit the Command Module and set Command to Back, Argument to 4, and Condition to Feature queue is full.

(2016-06-23, 07:19)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 09:17)CAM STEW Wrote: I have been playing around with this addon today and I can't get it to work how I want it to.

What I want is?

Hey there! So what you'll want to do is create a new Sequence. Here's a guide that explains more about Sequences. You'll want to do the following:
  • Choose New.
    • Trailer Module
    • Trailer Module
    • Trailer Module
    • Feature Module
    • Command Module
  • Edit the second Trailer Module and set the Scraper filter to both iTunes and Kodi DB.
  • Edit the Command Module and set Command to Back, Argument to 4, and Condition to Feature queue is full.

I have done all of that and now when I try to play a movie I get a little message saying "Cinema Vision error, check the log for more details"

http://pastebin.com/P7yaLUTs

Occasionally it plays a movie without error but when it does only 2 trailers play when there should be 3.

Never mind I fixed it.
(2016-06-23, 11:03)CAM STEW Wrote:
(2016-06-23, 07:19)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:

What I want is?

• Choose New.
    • Trailer Module
    • Trailer Module
    • Trailer Module
    • Feature Module
    • Command Module

I have done all of that and now when I try to play a movie I get a little message saying "Cinema Vision error, check the log for more details"

http://pastebin.com/P7yaLUTs

Occasionally it plays a movie without error but when it does only 2 trailers play when there should be 3.

Never mind I fixed it.

How did you fix this? I'm receiving the same error:

"
Error Type: <class 'lib.cinemavision.scrapers.itunes.scraper.NetworkError'>
Error Contents: HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
"

...I must be missing something. Thanks!
(2016-06-27, 21:10)windsorguy1979 Wrote: How did you fix this? I'm receiving the same error:

"
Error Type: <class 'lib.cinemavision.scrapers.itunes.scraper.NetworkError'>
Error Contents: HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
"

...I must be missing something. Thanks!

This error will be better handled in the next release, but for now you can reset your trailers in the CinemaVision add-on settings.
  • Scroll down to the Trailers menu.
  • Select Clear trailers watched status.
  • Press OK.
  • Scroll down to the Advanced menu.
  • Select Clear trailers broken status.
  • Press OK.
  • Scroll up to the Content menu.
  • Select Update content.

Alright everyone, we're finally at a point where we can start testing 1.0.12. We've just put the Development Build up on the CinemaVision website. This should fix the iTunes errors that a few of you have been seeing, and some other things.

Code:
-change:   Now automatically updates content when the content path is changed
-fix:      Now cleans items from the database that do not have the content path as their path prefix
-fix:      Broken iTunes trailers causing error
-fix:      Content scraper now recognizes files with capitalized extensions
-add:      Added language string 'CinemaVision' with ID 32000 to help skinners

As always, feedback is encouraged and appreciated!

I've been using this version for some time now and it has been working perfectly on my setup.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-06-29, 05:48)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I've been using this version for some time now and it has been working perfectly on my setup.

You may want to grab the latest from the CV site, we added a few more bug fixes and changed the icon. We also have a few new things added to the CinemaVision launcher that enables context menu support for TV shows, episodes, seasons and playlists. Smile

• 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5