• 191(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Anybody also had this? I've a combination Nvidia Shield / Logitech Harmony Touch.
I've configured the shield that it goes never into sleepmode.

The issue I have, is that for example in the morning when I wanna watch a serie (let the shield in the Kodi screen, or paused a serie), I turn on my devices via the Harmony.
TV goes on and switches on and to HDMI1, the Shield turns on (the green light starts burning), but the screen STAYS black.
When I press a button, I hear the sound of the serie running in the back.

Only option is to take the controller, en start it up then the screen turns on again.
Hopefully somebody has a fix for this issue! Smile
(2016-08-01, 15:10)Protax Wrote: Anybody also had this? I've a combination Nvidia Shield / Logitech Harmony Touch.
I've configured the shield that it goes never into sleepmode.

The issue I have, is that for example in the morning when I wanna watch a serie (let the shield in the Kodi screen, or paused a serie), I turn on my devices via the Harmony.
TV goes on and switches on and to HDMI1, the Shield turns on (the green light starts burning), but the screen STAYS black.
When I press a button, I hear the sound of the serie running in the back.

Only option is to take the controller, en start it up then the screen turns on again.
Hopefully somebody has a fix for this issue! Smile

Yup, same issue for me with the same solution. No idea wtf is causing it, just another awesome bug that came along with the amazing 3.2 update.
(2016-08-01, 23:30)touser Wrote: Yup, same issue for me with the same solution. No idea wtf is causing it, just another awesome bug that came along with the amazing 3.2 update.

Good to hear I'm not the only one, bought this shield last weekend.
Hopefully they will fix this soon Wink
After I came vacations, yesterday when I turn on my shield, I saw that there was a new alpha build update (from 31 of July). I went and try some movies to check if they played well on that build.
When I pressed the 'O' key to see the debug information about sound and image, I realized that movies were displaying in 23,976 fps
Is it now safe to say that now my movies all play in 23fps ?!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Got my Shield.

Trying to attach network storage. DD-WRT with hard drive, with WAN access. It says I need a username and password- so I assigned it one with SMB access. It still says it can't connect- incorrect username and password.

Any ideas? Works fine on my PC with no password.
Hi All,

Does the shieldtv passthrough HD audio with KODI now? Or still require the use of SPMC?

Thanks,
K.
(2016-08-16, 07:27)k3nnis Wrote: Hi All,

Does the shieldtv passthrough HD audio with KODI now?

Thanks,
K.

The best option for shield is SPMC

A excellent alternative to KODI / SPMC is Plex server with direct play they just need to fix the TrueHD passthrough of MKV's)
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Agreed. With Plex connect spmc is perfect. Plex back end (enable direct play to fix TRUE HD AND ATMOS)

Sent from my iPhone
Unfortunately I can't mount my DD-WRT NAS to my Shield so I can't use Plex. NAS drives show up fine in Kodi/SPMC tho.
(2016-08-16, 15:46)Wagg Wrote: Unfortunately I can't mount my DD-WRT NAS to my Shield so I can't use Plex. NAS drives show up fine in Kodi/SPMC tho.

Have you Read the Nvidia Shield FAQ to setup plex server
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2016-08-16, 20:50)couto27 Wrote:
(2016-08-16, 15:46)Wagg Wrote: Unfortunately I can't mount my DD-WRT NAS to my Shield so I can't use Plex. NAS drives show up fine in Kodi/SPMC tho.

Have you Read the Nvidia Shield FAQ to setup plex server

Yes, but as I said, I can't mount my NAS from the Shield control panel. It always says "connection failed, incorrect username or password" when I know it's correct. I can acccess them from Kodi/SPMC no problem.

Speaking of storage, I'm trying to set up my ADATA 128GB Flashdrive as internal storage- I start the setup process but then after the format it doesn't give me the option to migrate data so I assume it failed. I've tried this a few times and it never seems to work.
(2016-08-04, 05:36)Wagg Wrote: Got my Shield.

Have you run the update since you got your Shield?
(2016-08-17, 03:46)808? Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 05:36)Wagg Wrote: Got my Shield.

Have you run the update since you got your Shield?

Yes, I'm on 3.2. Not sure why I can't mount my NAS. Someone else on the Geforce forum said they had the same problem with DD-WRT NAS.

I did see my USB 128GB flashdrive finally showed up as internal storage, but it seems to show up and disappear at random.

I also noticed with SPMC and my HDHomerun there's an audio sync issue for 1080i output. I had to turn on Sync output to display to resolve it, so I can't process the audio on my receiver.
Hi everyone, I'm quite new to nvidia shield tv and kodi... Can anyone explain me how to set up an openvpn profile within kodi? I have purchased a PureVPN account but at the moment I can only connect using their sideloaded app (which is in portrait display and requires mouse input...)
I can't find the right addon for kodi on android os.
(2016-08-17, 10:54)Alzatan Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm quite new to nvidia shield tv and kodi... Can anyone explain me how to set up an openvpn profile within kodi? I have purchased a PureVPN account but at the moment I can only connect using their sideloaded app (which is in portrait display and requires mouse input...)
I can't find the right addon for kodi on android os.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...0/#4617230

The sideloaded android OpenVPN app requires a mouse too at certain points. I figured out how to get it to work with help of that post. PITA to figure out tho.
  • 191(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9