• 78(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Scott it appears to be better as far as timing out goes. However for me the website is very slow. I click on a link and it takes a minute or two to load.
Hi guys

Just letting people know myself along with two others have put together a guide over on the Cinemavision website to get your Kodi CinemaVision add-on to control your LIFX LED lights to aid creating that cinema feeling in your home.

The difference with this over other solutions such as NATEKODILIFX's script is that this will just control your lights while you run the Cinema Vision add-on and allow you to trigger various LIFX scenes throughout the sequence( For example all lights white at 50% during trivia, two lights blue at 25% with the rest off during trailers, all lights off while watching a movie, two white lights at 40% while paused,all lights off once you resume and all lights white at 100% after the movie) rather than having them on or off every time use CinemaVision or play a movie or tv show.

Also you can just watch a movie or tv show without doing anything with the lights (i.e by not watching a movie using the CinemaVision add-on), which if you wanted to do this with some of the other scripts you had to disable them only to turn them back on when you did want to use them.

Enjoy Big Grin
Any update on when the Kodi repository might get version 1.0.12?
(2016-07-12, 20:33)mguebert Wrote: Scott it appears to be better as far as timing out goes. However for me the website is very slow. I click on a link and it takes a minute or two to load.

We had some issues and I think we've solved them. The webserver was getting pegged. How does it look now?

(2016-07-20, 03:13)Ali Baba Wrote: Hi guys

Just letting people know myself along with two others have put together a guide over on the Cinemavision website to get your Kodi CinemaVision add-on to control your LIFX LED lights to aid creating that cinema feeling in your home.

The difference with this over other solutions such as NATEKODILIFX's script is that this will just control your lights while you run the Cinema Vision add-on and allow you to trigger various LIFX scenes throughout the sequence( For example all lights white at 50% during trivia, two lights blue at 25% with the rest off during trailers, all lights off while watching a movie, two white lights at 40% while paused,all lights off once you resume and all lights white at 100% after the movie) rather than having them on or off every time use CinemaVision or play a movie or tv show.

Also you can just watch a movie or tv show without doing anything with the lights (i.e by not watching a movie using the CinemaVision add-on), which if you wanted to do this with some of the other scripts you had to disable them only to turn them back on when you did want to use them.

Enjoy Big Grin

Thanks for putting it together for us!

(2016-07-26, 12:32)boyfonz Wrote: Any update on when the Kodi repository might get version 1.0.12?

I think we just identified the final bug we'd like to address yesterday. I expect it to be up in the next week. I'm waiting on our developer to tell me we're ready to start testing 1.0.12a2, which I should put up on the site in the next few days.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Is anyone experiencing issues using CE with the Aeon MQ7 skin? When I start the sequence through the "Info" screen, it starts the sequence (but comes out immediately). When it's started from the flexible widget context menu it runs normally. Not sure if it's a skin issue or something with CE.
(2016-07-31, 12:51)NewMedia Wrote: Is anyone experiencing issues using CE with the Aeon MQ7 skin? When I start the sequence through the "Info" screen, it starts the sequence (but comes out immediately). When it's started from the flexible widget context menu it runs normally. Not sure if it's a skin issue or something with CE.

Could you post the link to your error log for us to review? What you're seeing could be the iTunes scraper issue that we have a fix for in the next release. If it is that issue, you can download version 1.0.12a1 from the CinemaVision website and you should be good.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hi, thanks for your work, this addon really rocks!

I have an issue though, I noticed that some movies refused to be played with this addon, returning some type of error in the log, however others played faultlessly... I went on experiencing to pinpoint the cause and I discovered that the movies that didn't work all had either one of these characters: á, é, í, ó, ú. As soon as I edited the title of the movie and changed them to normal vowels they worked without problem. Unfortunately in Spanish there are a lot of words that contain those characters... Do you think that something could be done to solve that issue?

Thanks in advance!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Scott, just finished a move recently to a new city and was able to do more testing this week. For testing I uninstalled the beta and reinstalled the latest official release. It turns out that the official release is also exhibiting the same delayed issues, so it seems to me that this is definitely OSMC-related somehow since the June update on the RPi2.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-07-31, 18:01)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 12:51)NewMedia Wrote: Is anyone experiencing issues using CE with the Aeon MQ7 skin? When I start the sequence through the "Info" screen, it starts the sequence (but comes out immediately). When it's started from the flexible widget context menu it runs normally. Not sure if it's a skin issue or something with CE.

Could you post the link to your error log for us to review? What you're seeing could be the iTunes scraper issue that we have a fix for in the next release. If it is that issue, you can download version 1.0.12a1 from the CinemaVision website and you should be good.

Tried it but still the same. Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/xLvLtnRN
(2016-08-01, 15:29)manfeed Wrote: Hi, thanks for your work, this addon really rocks!

I have an issue though, I noticed that some movies refused to be played with this addon, returning some type of error in the log, however others played faultlessly... I went on experiencing to pinpoint the cause and I discovered that the movies that didn't work all had either one of these characters: á, é, í, ó, ú. As soon as I edited the title of the movie and changed them to normal vowels they worked without problem. Unfortunately in Spanish there are a lot of words that contain those characters... Do you think that something could be done to solve that issue?

Thanks in advance!

We had a similar issue with Chinese characters I think. I'll hit up our developer in the morning and see what we can do about this. If you have the chance, re-create the issue you're having and post a link to a log that I can hand him. I think he can pinpoint the issue without one, but it's always good to cover all the bases so we can get a fix in for 1.0.12.

(2016-08-01, 16:00)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Scott, just finished a move recently to a new city and was able to do more testing this week. For testing I uninstalled the beta and reinstalled the latest official release. It turns out that the official release is also exhibiting the same delayed issues, so it seems to me that this is definitely OSMC-related somehow since the June update on the RPi2.

Well that's good news, and bad news. Smile I'm not sure what would be causing the delays, but if you need a dialog between us and the OSMC folks, just let me know. I think that's built on Debian, which is notoriously resource hungry. Is this the update in question? It could also have been one of the items in the package. Can you get the May update just to see if that resolves the issue you're seeing? That might give you more to take to the OSMC guys.

(2016-08-01, 22:43)NewMedia Wrote: Tried it but still the same. Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/xLvLtnRN

I'm not sure what the error you're seeing means, so I'll try to get in touch with our developer. It's not the iTunes error, that's for sure. Smile

(2016-08-02, 08:09)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 15:29)manfeed Wrote: Hi, thanks for your work, this addon really rocks!

Thanks in advance!

We had a similar issue with Chinese characters I think. I'll hit up our developer in the morning and see what we can do about this. If you have the chance, re-create the issue you're having and post a link to a log that I can hand him. I think he can pinpoint the issue without one, but it's always good to cover all the bases so we can get a fix in for 1.0.12.

Here you have the log: http://pastebin.com/HZcqKmWZ

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2016-08-01, 22:43)NewMedia Wrote: Tried it but still the same. Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/xLvLtnRN

Are you able to play E:\Cinema Vision\Video Bumpers\Theater Intro\Intro 2.mp4 outside of the addon? Try browsing to it and playing it using the Kodi File Manager. For some reason, that file stops playback after 2 seconds, and I'm wondering if it might be corrupted and breaking the Sequence.

(2016-08-02, 19:42)manfeed Wrote: Here you have the log: http://pastebin.com/HZcqKmWZ

Thanks!

It'll be fixed in 1.0.12. Big Grin

(2016-08-02, 22:31)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Are you able to play E:\Cinema Vision\Video Bumpers\Theater Intro\Intro 2.mp4 outside of the addon? Try browsing to it and playing it using the Kodi File Manager. For some reason, that file stops playback after 2 seconds, and I'm wondering if it might be corrupted and breaking the Sequence.

The file plays fine. What I can't get my head around atm is why it plays the sequence perfectly when you start it through the flexible widget option (that is the movies which are displayed above the title for most recently added before you enter the Movies page) but not when you select the Cinema Vision button from within an info for a movie.
Hi Scott,

CV was working just fine until recently. Now it is unable to start due to an error about 80% of the time. I suspect it might have something to do with the itunes trailers.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/UzJ1NHTF

By the way, I'm using libreelec 7.0.2 on a chromebox

Thanks
(2016-08-03, 00:17)NewMedia Wrote: The file plays fine. What I can't get my head around atm is why it plays the sequence perfectly when you start it through the flexible widget option (that is the movies which are displayed above the title for most recently added before you enter the Movies page) but not when you select the Cinema Vision button from within an info for a movie.

This is very weird, and I've got our developer reviewing it. As soon as I have something useful I'll let ya know. This might be something that we fix with the information @phil65 gave us a week ago about how we launch content.

(2016-08-07, 23:48)aptalca Wrote: Hi Scott,

CV was working just fine until recently. Now it is unable to start due to an error about 80% of the time. I suspect it might have something to do with the itunes trailers.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/UzJ1NHTF

By the way, I'm using libreelec 7.0.2 on a chromebox

Thanks

Coming at me with the easy ones, eh? Smile This bug we actually have fixed in 1.0.12, and you can download the development release of that from the CinemaVision website, here.

• 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5