• 357(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Right...... What's Ares again?

(2016-08-03, 17:03)SnstrStrmr Wrote: I have been using Ares to back it up.
(2016-08-04, 05:54)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Right...... What's Ares again?

(2016-08-03, 17:03)SnstrStrmr Wrote: I have been using Ares to back it up.

A convenience, it is much easier backing up with it than other methods I've tried.

So I made a mistake and am using an add on that is banned, not knowing that it's banned. How many people do you know that reads the forum rules right away? I came here to get assistance with an issue, and I never join forums because I usually don't need assistance. So you're going to punish me for using a banned addon in an orthodox manner? Everyone makes mistakes, instead of punishing someone for making one help them not make another one. Wow, just wow.
(2016-08-03, 21:02)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 11:36)Solo0815 Wrote: I have a possible solution for the Live-TV starttime (AM/PM) "problem":
Use grouplist Wink

I'm using the CompactBar and it has a "grouplist" for StartTime and Label, see here:
https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...V.xml#L725
Then the Label is next to the starttime. It doesn't matter how long it is (e.g. "12:30" or "12:30 PM", otherwise it is cut off, like in the StandardBar.
Please have a look at the pics

Here it is "11:15 vormittags", which is a very long translation of "11:15 AM", but I think you can see what's the difference
I'm the one who added the grouplist Wink
Please add it for StandardBar also. Atm it is only there for CompactBar. I think there is no reason, why it shouldn't be there for StandardBar Wink

1. Another small issue is, that the Standard- or CompactBar is popping in and fading out after the channel-EPG is displayed and you press "Back" to get into Fullscreen again. The $Bar is not shown while viewing the channel-EPG, thats why it doesn't look so good.

2. Did you ever think about skin.helper-integration? As I mentioned, I have done a mod to have Fanart and Covers for TV-Recordings scraping from skin.helper. I can make a PR if you want

3. I read your discussion with BigNoid. In my mod (2.) I used includes to have less code. Is that a impact on performance? I thought includes are something like functions in a bash script :?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi Mike,

I tried to include my own addon/plugin as a widget in the widget code.
but I have one problem...

It's was no problem to integrate the addon in the witgets, that works great

now I would need the name of the widget in the custom_1199_Widgetinfo for a ´´´<visible>´´´

I found that it is the label
Code:
$PARAM[Label]
so I add to the Includes_Widgets.xml the following codeline:
Code:
<oninfo>SetProperty(Widget.Label,$PARAM[Label],home)</oninfo>

but this will not be set as it should be. For the label
Code:
$PARAM[widgetTarget]
it works fine.

I have to add two new buttons to the Custom_1199_WidgetInfo.xml for "PLAY" and "RECORD" but should be only
visible if the Widget has Label "serienplaner"

any idea why the label will not be set to home property?

thanks
sveni_lee
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Hi guys,

I am sorry to bring these bad news, but I think you all deserve to hear this.
On the 2nd of August, schimi2k passed away. I got this news by his close friend earlier today.

I'm truly shocked about the news about his passing. As a admin for fanart.tv, I've been working alongside schimi2k for a few years - sharing both laughs and frustration in several chat rooms.

As he was a active contributor for graphics on these forums, I believe you all deserve to hear this devestating news.
schimi2k will surely be missed on kodi.tv and fanart.tv.

Rest in peace, Christian.

Your friend,
zorensen
FANART.TV
The best source of high quality fan supplied artwork for your media collection.
(2016-08-04, 12:19)Solo0815 Wrote: 2. Did you ever think about skin.helper-integration? As I mentioned, I have done a mod to have Fanart and Covers for TV-Recordings scraping from skin.helper. I can make a PR if you want

How did you do this mod?
And is this also working for over the air epg (tvheadend)?
(2016-08-04, 06:04)SnstrStrmr Wrote: A convenience, it is much easier backing up with it than other methods I've tried.

So I made a mistake and am using an add on that is banned, not knowing that it's banned. How many people do you know that reads the forum rules right away? I came here to get assistance with an issue, and I never join forums because I usually don't need assistance. So you're going to punish me for using a banned addon in an orthodox manner? Everyone makes mistakes, instead of punishing someone for making one help them not make another one. Wow, just wow.
Shawn, I am perfectly OK with people who make mistakes but you didn't make a mistake you have an issue with the skin you chose to make a "build" out of. What I choose to spend my free time doing is not a punishment toward you. If you want to pretend that you are innocently using whatever to just backup your stuff, that really does sound preposterous...
(2016-08-04, 12:19)Solo0815 Wrote: Please add it for StandardBar also. Atm it is only there for CompactBar. I think there is no reason, why it shouldn't be there for StandardBar Wink

1. Another small issue is, that the Standard- or CompactBar is popping in and fading out after the channel-EPG is displayed and you press "Back" to get into Fullscreen again. The $Bar is not shown while viewing the channel-EPG, thats why it doesn't look so good.

2. Did you ever think about skin.helper-integration? As I mentioned, I have done a mod to have Fanart and Covers for TV-Recordings scraping from skin.helper. I can make a PR if you want

3. I read your discussion with BigNoid. In my mod (2.) I used includes to have less code. Is that a impact on performance? I thought includes are something like functions in a bash script :?
Of course there is a reason... I haven't gotten to it yet Wink

1) Hard to know exactly what you mean but I tried to replicate and could not. Using latest Git?

2) Sorry, not going to happen. The skin.helper script is used as little as possible and that is for a few reasons. If you would like to mod it in yourself and if you're interested, I can post it in the 3rd post of this thread.

3) Includes are for when you re-use a lot of code, I wouldn't use it for a single control just groups of controls but of course, like most things, there are exceptions to that. Includes don't do anything so not sure what you mean by bash script but I may just be misinterpreting what you're asking.
Anyone get ArtistSlideShow to work right with the skin? I just can't get it to work (using local images only)
I'm experiencing a bug that I'm curious if anyone else has also dealt with or if it's just me. When I browse and select an episode from my TV shows and then complete it, I'm taken back to the home screen instead of the episode list. If I click tv shows it takes me straight back to the episode list instead of to a list of all my shows. Clicking back then takes me to the home screen. At that point there is no way for me to get back to a list of my shows without an emby restart. I use the Emby addon, but do not experience this in any other skin.
(2016-08-05, 05:55)NewYears1978 Wrote: Anyone get ArtistSlideShow to work right with the skin? I just can't get it to work (using local images only)
Did you select Artist Slideshow as background option in Music OSD settings? When playing music fullscreen press enter and select settings icon on the right.
(2016-08-05, 06:07)wex101 Wrote: I'm experiencing a bug that I'm curious if anyone else has also dealt with or if it's just me. When I browse and select an episode from my TV shows and then complete it, I'm taken back to the home screen instead of the episode list. If I click tv shows it takes me straight back to the episode list instead of to a list of all my shows. Clicking back then takes me to the home screen. At that point there is no way for me to get back to a list of my shows without an emby restart. I use the Emby addon, but do not experience this in any other skin.
I don't use emby so no way to test. Try posting a debug log (wiki) when this happens or, if you prefer, you can add
Code:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
to your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to hide the debug info on the screen. No idea why only this skin would bounce you back to home Huh
(2016-08-05, 06:21)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [quote='NewYears1978' pid='2387858' dateline='1470369323']
Anyone get ArtistSlideShow to work right with the skin? I just can't get it to work (using local images only)
Did you select Artist Slideshow as background option in Music OSD settings? When playing music fullscreen press enter and select settings icon on the right.
(2016-08-05, 06:07)wex101 Wrote: I'm experiencing a bug that I'm curious if anyone else has also dealt with or if it's just me. When I browse and select an episode from my TV shows and then complete it, I'm taken back to the home screen instead of the episode list. If I click tv shows it takes me straight back to the episode list instead of to a list of all my shows. Clicking back then takes me to the home screen. At that point there is no way for me to get back to a list of my shows without an emby restart. I use the Emby addon, but do not experience this in any other skin.

Yeah, I think I finally got it after clearing some cache...Kodi and cache is always a nightmare.

Another question on your last update, did you move the add-on installation to the Help section or am I going crazy? Wasn't in it's own menu before under "Add-ons"? lol...or maybe I am mixed up with another mod. Been a rough day.
Could have sword there was a large grid of them..now they are in lists ont he help tab, and when I click them no install prompt appears.
(2016-08-05, 06:24)NewYears1978 Wrote: Yeah, I think I finally got it after clearing some cache...Kodi and cache is always a nightmare.

Another question on your last update, did you move the add-on installation to the Help section or am I going crazy? Wasn't in it's own menu before under "Add-ons"? lol...or maybe I am mixed up with another mod. Been a rough day.
Could have sword there was a large grid of them..now they are in lists ont he help tab, and when I click them no install prompt appears.
There was also some recent changes to the Artist Slideshow script as well. It's mentioned in that scripts thread.

Yes I moved it to help section. I accidentally added a krypton change so it broke the install function. Fixed on Git and I will push an update to the repo in a few days. If you do not want to wait then you can replace this file in the skins 1080i folder.
(2016-08-05, 06:37)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 06:24)NewYears1978 Wrote: Yeah, I think I finally got it after clearing some cache...Kodi and cache is always a nightmare.

There was also some recent changes to the Artist Slideshow script as well. It's mentioned in that scripts thread.

Yes I moved it to help section. I accidentally added a krypton change so it broke the install function. Fixed on Git and I will push an update to the repo in a few days. If you do not want to wait then you can replace this file in the skins 1080i folder.

Thanks buddy! I love your skin mod it's so good, each update it gets better. Still trying to learn how to set things up.

Like, how can I get my artist logos to appear? I picked my art folder but I don't know if there is a directory/naming convention to use (currently I have Artist/Logo/ and the files are just named randomly) any advise? Thanks Smile
(It appears to have downloaded it's own logo, but I want to make it use my local logos)

(The file worked btw, thank you kindly!)
(2016-08-05, 06:45)NewYears1978 Wrote: Thanks buddy! I love your skin mod it's so good, each update it gets better. Still trying to learn how to set things up.

Like, how can I get my artist logos to appear? I picked my art folder but I don't know if there is a directory/naming convention to use (currently I have Artist/Logo/ and the files are just named randomly) any advise? Thanks Smile
(It appears to have downloaded it's own logo, but I want to make it use my local logos)

The way it works is, if you set the path, it then expects the folder name to match exactly the artist. An example is My Music/U2/logo.png. If you have skin.helper installed and the image mentioned above is empty it can be set to first check local folders then it does an online search if nothing is found, check the scripts setting to modify the defaults. It works that way cause of the limitation in how directory separators or other invalid characters mess up the filepath i.e. AC/DC. You may want to clear the skin.helper cache after you change the options so the downloaded logos you do not want won't appear again.

Edit: Not sure I made it clear but the path should be the parent folder. On my setup for example the path is D:\Music Collection and in that folder is all my artist folders and in the artist folder is the logo.png.
(2016-08-05, 07:22)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 06:45)NewYears1978 Wrote: Thanks buddy! I love your skin mod it's so good, each update it gets better. Still trying to learn how to set things up.

The way it works is, if you set the path, it then expects the folder name to match exactly the artist. An example is My Music/U2/logo.png. If you have skin.helper installed and the image mentioned above is empty it can be set to first check local folders then it does an online search if nothing is found, check the scripts setting to modify the defaults. It works that way cause of the limitation in how directory separators or other invalid characters mess up the filepath i.e. AC/DC. You may want to clear the skin.helper cache after you change the options so the downloaded logos you do not want won't appear again.

Edit: Not sure I made it clear but the path should be the parent folder. On my setup for example the path is D:\Music Collection and in that folder is all my artist folders and in the artist folder is the logo.png.

Yes, I had my logos in another folder called Logo..I will remove that and try again, thank you.

Edit://
It worked, thank you again Smile
  • 357(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55