• 111(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
I´m using SPMC on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and mostly loving it.

However I have a problem I can´t seem to fix.

I´m streaming my movies and TV-shows from a Synology NAS and using SMB share to access it.

My problem is that 90% of the time when a TV-show is finished or I stop before the end, SPMC crashes and I get the message SPMC has stopped working.

The only way to get it up and running again is by restarting the shield.

I have tried a factory reset two times to no avail.

I´m mostly watching TV shows lately, but the few movies I have watched, the problem did not occur.
(2016-08-18, 13:08)Silentbob78 Wrote: I´m using SPMC on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and mostly loving it.

I´m streaming my movies and TV-shows from a Synology NAS and using SMB share to access it.

My problem is that 90% of the time when a TV-show is finished or I stop before the end, SPMC crashes and I get the message SPMC has stopped working.

I´m mostly watching TV shows lately, but the few movies I have watched, the problem did not occur.

Did you update to 16.4.2? The crash should be fixed in this version.
just want to say a appreciate it very much you hard work for this amazing SPMC
running this latest new version update on Amazon Fier TV Box look like champ.

thanks agen for you amazing job.
(2016-08-18, 17:49)Sp0KI Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 13:08)Silentbob78 Wrote: I´m using SPMC on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and mostly loving it.

Have you thought about using nfs on the synology?
(2016-08-18, 18:19)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 17:49)Sp0KI Wrote:

Yes I have. I have just been using SMB for years.So I guess it´s just a convenience/tradition thing. Is NFS that much better than SMB?

I will take a look at my SPMC version as soon as possible.
Well, some people say it's better. I'm not sure.
Well it seems like the problem extends to my home movies.

I have the Play Store version 16.4.1. How do I go about getting the 16.4.2?
NFS is way better than SMB, SMB has too much overhead so the speed drops.
(2016-08-18, 19:36)Silentbob78 Wrote: Well it seems like the problem extends to my home movies.

Use the link in the first post to take you to the download area
(2016-08-18, 20:16)chocco Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 19:36)Silentbob78 Wrote: Well it seems like the problem extends to my home movies.

Use the link in the first post to take you to the download area

Or just wait a few days... Koying usually waits a few days before submitting the new version to the play store, just in case other show stopping bugs pop up after release.
(2016-08-18, 19:04)Silentbob78 Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 18:19)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 17:49)Sp0KI Wrote: Did you update to 16.4.2? The crash should be fixed in this version.

Yes I have. I have just been using SMB for years.So I guess it´s just a convenience/tradition thing. Is NFS that much better than SMB?

I will take a look at my SPMC version as soon as possible.
I didn't find nfs to be any reasonable amount of difference. I've had 6+ simultaneous clients without issue with one shield wired and one wireless. Could be an issue with a janky old version of samba in synology instead of a true issue with SMB
I think the NFS/SMB argument may be a little irrelevant. On a gigabit home network all protocols have oodles of time to stream video content and overheads count for little in this context.

If your streaming is not working as it should on any protocol then consider these two factors first:
- Network drive processing power. Copy a file to your network, if you are not getting a steady transfer speed of at least 30MB/s then your drive probably isn't up to it.
- Underspecified or ill configured router, be very careful if you have more than one router on the network even if using one as just a wireless access point
Latest version not fixed crashes here.
For the most part SPMC and my Shield TV works like a charm, with perfect passthrough audio and refresh rate switching correctly.

However I have a problem, which I hope can be fixed. It correlates to the auto adjust display refresh rate when set to always. When playing certain shows i.e. Doctor Who, Sherlock (British TV Shows...), the file starts fine but after a few (6-10) seconds it stops and usually goes into buffering for a long time, and when the buffering reaches 100 % it plays a few seconds and starts buffering again, this happens until I stop the playback and then SPMC usually crashes..

Other american TV Shows and large blu-ray rips are not giving any problems, even rips of 20+ GB plays fine without any buffering/lag or any other problems.

If I disable the auto adjust display refresh rate everything works with out any problems. A few months ago I did not have this problem, so it is either SPMC or my SATV. But all files play finely with the DS Video app and MX Player.

My system consists of a SATV streaming from Synology NAS DS415+ over 5ghz wifi. SPMC is 16.4.2.

I could not figure out how to create a log file, but will try again later this weekend. I am more curious if anyone ells have had the same problem.

So far I just manually disables the auto adjust display refresh rate, but I would prefer not having to do this.
(2016-08-19, 11:56)Martin_Kurth Wrote: Latest version not fixed crashes here.
Same probleme. Cash is not fixed.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166