• 177(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
Still broken for me, tried several streams on several bitrates. I usually get playback failed, sometimes authorisation failed.

But they work on my PC absolutely fine using the NBCSN website.

I think something must have changed backend and the plugin probably needs an update to workaround whatever they have done.

Also tried on my Android tablet and My chromecast and its fine on those too.
(2016-08-20, 16:13)yhs4260 Wrote: Still broken for me, tried several streams on several bitrates. I usually get playback failed, sometimes authorisation failed.

I think something must have changed backend and the plugin probably needs an update to workaround whatever they have done.

Stoke vs Man City and Watford vs Chelsea worked perfectly for me with the highest bitrate via this excellent addon.
Both times were on Kodi 16.1 via Windows 10 Pro PC's, the first game on a Surface Pro 4 whilst I was at work sitting around with nothing to do, the second one having finished work and got home in time to see the mighty blues fluke another win via my HTPC Smile
Still broken for me as well.

i put in a debug log a few pages back.
I'm on Verizon
using Kodi 17 Alpha 3 on Linux

wondering if there are any others in my situation.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Firstly, let me just say that I appreciate the work of the developer of this addon and I hope he/she continues to contribute to the good of the Kodi community.

I have since giving up on this addon though. I have always experienced heavy buffering issues on the SD and HD streams, the only time I don't have buffering is when I reduce it to the lowest bitrate possible, but I can barely watch the stream thereafter due to poor picture. It might be due to the fact that I live in the UK and I'm using a DNS to access this addon.

I have since installed the official NBC Live Extra app direct from the Amazon app store to my Firestick, and it works flawlessly with a DNS and my login with no buffering whatsoever. The only compromise is that I might not get HD stream, but it does stream HQ quality on a very low internet speed. At least, I can now watch all my football games with no buffering and other issues that Kodi brings. I'm slowly moving out of the Kodi environment anyway, I tend to rely more on the official apps these days, too many issues and drama with Kodi addons. NBC Live Extra app, FoxSportsGo app, WatchEspn app, BT Sports apk are more than enough to give succour to my sports addiction.

Again, I would say a big thank you to the developer and other developers in the Kodi environment.
Can i quickly say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with this addon to warrant this constant bashing. I have watched every single match this weekend with the highest bitrate(1080) with not one iota of buffer, not even for one second. I watch this addon with Directv login, via VPN, a free VPN for that matter. I have a 50mb fibre optic internet, and when using Cyberghost which i got from playstore or Psiphon which i sideloaded from the internet, it drops my speed to between 17 - 20mb, which is still more than enough for me. I am presently watching the westham vs bournemouth again with no buffer whatsoever. Many thanks Eracknaphobia!!
(2016-08-21, 17:37)sweetnonso Wrote: Can i quickly say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with this addon to warrant this constant bashing. I have watched every single match this weekend with the highest bitrate(1080) with not one iota of buffer, not even for one second. I watch this addon with Directv login, via VPN, a free VPN for that matter. I have a 50mb fibre optic internet, and when using Cyberghost which i got from playstore or Psiphon which i sideloaded from the internet, it drops my speed to between 17 - 20mb, which is still more than enough for me. I am presently watching the westham vs bournemouth again with no buffer whatsoever. Many thanks Eracknaphobia!!

Yeah I think the issue is that it doesn't work with Comcast logins. I certainly couldn't get the EPL on it yesterday, the golf was fine tho.

Sent from my iPad
I don't think people are constantly bashing the addon or the Dev. I for one have asked on numerous occasions regarding the comcast login issue only wanting a definate answer if it is likely to work again before I go and purchase another provider login. This was my number 1 addon last season and it will be again once I find out about my login details.
(2016-08-21, 17:54)d10brp Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 17:37)sweetnonso Wrote: Can i quickly say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with this addon to warrant this constant bashing. I have watched every single match this weekend with the highest bitrate(1080) with not one iota of buffer, not even for one second. I watch this addon with Directv login, via VPN, a free VPN for that matter. I have a 50mb fibre optic internet, and when using Cyberghost which i got from playstore or Psiphon which i sideloaded from the internet, it drops my speed to between 17 - 20mb, which is still more than enough for me. I am presently watching the westham vs bournemouth again with no buffer whatsoever. Many thanks Eracknaphobia!!

Yeah I think the issue is that it doesn't work with Comcast logins. I certainly couldn't get the EPL on it yesterday, the golf was fine tho.

Sent from my iPad

You can quickly say whatever you'd like. but the facts are that everyone's build are different. Just cause it works on yours, doesn't mean other people aren't as lucky -- hence the need for DEBUG LOGS!!
your post is condescending, and void of any compassion.
(2016-08-21, 18:35)Jayc1976 Wrote: I don't think people are constantly bashing the addon or the Dev. I for one have asked on numerous occasions regarding the comcast login issue only wanting a definate answer if it is likely to work again before I go and purchase another provider login. This was my number 1 addon last season and it will be again once I find out about my login details.

+1

Still trying to find
so I just downgraded to Kodi 17 Alpha 2, and the addon works again.

seems like there may be some upcoming changes to the addon that will need to be built into the addon for future compatibility.

:-D
(2016-08-21, 20:05)locomot1f Wrote: so I just downgraded to Kodi 17 Alpha 2, and the addon works again.

seems like there may be some upcoming changes to the addon that will need to be built into the addon for future compatibility.

Is that working with a comcast/xfinity login?
(2016-08-21, 20:16)Jayc1976 Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 20:05)locomot1f Wrote: so I just downgraded to Kodi 17 Alpha 2, and the addon works again.

Verizon / FiOS

just tried the Kodi 17 nightly, and it seems that it is working again.
(2016-08-20, 16:13)yhs4260 Wrote: Still broken for me, tried several streams on several bitrates. I usually get playback failed, sometimes authorisation failed.

Can i ask how you got this to work on the Chromecast?
(2016-08-22, 03:29)locomot1f Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 20:16)Jayc1976 Wrote:

Verizon / FiOS

just tried the Kodi 17 nightly, and it seems that it is working again.

Ah OK thanks
I have a direct tv account and everything is working intermittently.. certain games refuse to stream like the Man U vs Southampton game but others work like the arsenal replay.just thought I'd add my experience to the rest.. happy to help with logs etc anyway I can
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13