streaming videofiles to tv
I try to stream videofiles to my television.

I try to do the with a Minix neo u1 player which has XBMC/Kodi software and a normal windows PC (windows 10)

I tried the following go to: video - files - add video - browse - windows network (SMB) - WORKGROUP - DESKTOP-LR0FVPN (which is name of my computer) - after selecting this is see only 2 dots

In other words i can not navigate to the videofiles. So i am kind of stuck at this moment

Does anyone may be know a solution to this problem.
try manually inputting your IP address and see if your files will display.
thanks for your tip , which i tried but still not able to see files

i did do this (written for a different player) and i am now 1 step closer to the solution

right click START ---> File Explorer ---> navigate to the folder you want to share and right click on it ---> Properties ---> Sharing (tab) ---> Share... (NOT Advanced Sharing...) ---> in the new opened window there is a large empty box with a drop down option on the right side. Click the arrow and select either Guest, Everyone or both of them ---> after each selection click Add ---> for Guest and/or Everyone set bellow Read/Write Permission Level (this is very important because WDTV needs to right some media library information inside your shared directory) ---> Share

I can now see the shared folders but not the videos that are inside those folders ?
Thanx JxPx,

Your solution worked. Ofcourse than you have to look under de path that you have created, which i didn't do. Very pleased that it is working now
(2016-08-26, 00:31)rombrero Wrote: Thanx JxPx,

Your solution worked. Ofcourse than you have to look under de path that you have created, which i didn't do. Very pleased that it is working now

Awesome. Glad it worked. Now you can go binge watch The Walking Dead!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streaming videofiles to tv0