• 66(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-08-30, 13:54)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-08-30, 04:43)thall72 Wrote: Thanks for your continued support.

It has been pushed out for testing in the -testing release. When a few testers report back I'll push out to the main repository

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.8.03.zip

That fixed the STRM issue I was having. Thanks!
(2016-05-31, 18:43)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 13:54)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 01:25)dmdsoftware Wrote: Yes, it is possible
Shocked Do you mean without needing .strm files?

correct, without .strm files
Hi! Any news on this? Do you have an ETA or is it still at the "when it's done" stage?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-09-01, 13:04)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 18:43)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 13:54)ashlar Wrote: Shocked Do you mean without needing .strm files?

correct, without .strm files
Hi! Any news on this? Do you have an ETA or is it still at the "when it's done" stage?

Any advise on how you would like it implemented?
(2016-09-02, 03:48)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-09-01, 13:04)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 18:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: correct, without .strm files

HuhI'm not following you. Big Grin

You mentioned you were working on "proper" library integration, I asked for confirmation that you meant without resorting to .strm files. You confirmed that. I was only inquiring about what you had in mind back then. Did I miss something? Sorry, maybe I'm just being thick and I don't understand something that's instead very clear.

Peace. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-09-02, 11:27)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-09-02, 03:48)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-09-01, 13:04)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Any news on this? Do you have an ETA or is it still at the "when it's done" stage?

HuhI'm not following you. Big Grin

You mentioned you were working on "proper" library integration, I asked for confirmation that you meant without resorting to .strm files. You confirmed that. I was only inquiring about what you had in mind back then. Did I miss something? Sorry, maybe I'm just being thick and I don't understand something that's instead very clear.

Peace. Smile

I meant, if you had any requirements for the library integration that you needed. If there is any specific way you would like it to work, it would help me to focus on a particular way to implement it.

The work that has been underway right now involves managing the media information using a spreadsheet to track and not the KODI db. It doesn't look like the KODI db can be updated directly using API calls. But it could be somewhat automated using tricks. But the tricks come into play after the work on the spreadsheet is completed.
All of the latest fixed pushed to 0.8.05 master and main repository

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.8.05.zip
(2016-08-30, 23:46)sabrex Wrote: Thanks @dmdsoftware for the update. I don't have any issues with it, and my main use is accessing photos and videos from my Google Photos folder. I have noticed that thumbnails for photos/videos never appear to be saved, and are always reloaded when the thumbnails page is accessed. I have enabled thumbnails under the Settings > Cache screen.

Also, any luck figuring out if it's possible to enable access to Albums and Shared Albums from Google Photos through the add-on? Thanks again.

I noticed that thumbnail cache is only for video and music. None of the cache properties applies to Pictures.

I have added an issue to track extending to pictures. https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/89

Added one to track albums: https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/90
Is there any chance that files in the 'bin' can be ignored? Once upon a time I asked if they were included in directory listings and you said they were.

This surfaces as a minor 'niggle' whereby you have a file in a folder (e.g. Filename.mkv), that becomes deleted, and then replaced with a better version of Filename.mkv. If you don't manually delete the file from the bin, when you navigate to the original folder using the GDrive plugin it shows two copies and you don't know which is which. This also potentially impacts the watched status (e.g. if you watch the wrong copy that's in the bin and that is deleted later on).

Another ask: please could we have the option to set the preferred quality to 'original' for videos playback? I could only see the option to set a preference for one of the transcoded streams. I'd like to avoid being prompted every time I play a video, and always play the original file when possible.

Thank you for your continued hard work Smile
(2016-09-03, 12:16)user321 Wrote: Is there any chance that files in the 'bin' can be ignored? Once upon a time I asked if they were included in directory listings and you said they were.

This surfaces as a minor 'niggle' whereby you have a file in a folder (e.g. Filename.mkv), that becomes deleted, and then replaced with a better version of Filename.mkv. If you don't manually delete the file from the bin, when you navigate to the original folder using the GDrive plugin it shows two copies and you don't know which is which. This also potentially impacts the watched status (e.g. if you watch the wrong copy that's in the bin and that is deleted later on).

Another ask: please could we have the option to set the preferred quality to 'original' for videos playback? I could only see the option to set a preference for one of the transcoded streams. I'd like to avoid being prompted every time I play a video, and always play the original file when possible.

Thank you for your continued hard work Smile

Trashed files should be not be showing up in the directory listings. I will double check. They might still be appearing in search results and starred folders (if it is even possible to have a starred file that is trashed), will need to double check that.

In Addon Settings -> Video enable "Never transcode" and make sure "Force prompt for quality selection" is disabled.
I'm wrapping up implementation of change tracking for automatic STRM generation.

I will need some testers who typically use Save STRM and are using the testing branch or willing to test with the testing branch.

You can also chime in or subscribe to this issue https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/62
(2016-09-03, 14:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Trashed files should be not be showing up in the directory listings. I will double check. They might still be appearing in search results and starred folders (if it is even possible to have a starred file that is trashed), will need to double check that.

In Addon Settings -> Video enable "Never transcode" and make sure "Force prompt for quality selection" is disabled.

Re: quality. You're right - this solved the problem.

I do see trashed files in directory listings. If it helps, I don't use search results or starred folders.

[EDIT] Quite keen to test automatic STRM generation. Am using the testing version. Will let you know how I get on.
(2016-09-05, 14:10)user321 Wrote:
(2016-09-03, 14:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Trashed files should be not be showing up in the directory listings. I will double check. They might still be appearing in search results and starred folders (if it is even possible to have a starred file that is trashed), will need to double check that.

Re: quality. You're right - this solved the problem.

I do see trashed files in directory listings. If it helps, I don't use search results or starred folders.

[EDIT] Quite keen to test automatic STRM generation. Am using the testing version. Will let you know how I get on.

I'm just wrapping up some internal testing on the STRM and will post a 0.8.06 in the testing branch within next 48 hours. Will announce here.

During testing, the STRM build process will only be generated when invoking the plugin when viewing directories. In the final version, even invoking playback via STRM will invoke STRM build process.

It uses change tracking. So the initial will take some time, but subsequent executions will only build STRM files for new content added to the Google Drive.

The process runs in the background and will let the user carry on with whatever they are doing. There is a watermark over the screen to indicate the status.

Weird about the trashed files showing up as there is a trashed=false appended on each directory listing.
First enabling of automated STRM creation is in testing 0.8.06 release.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.8.06.zip

Some special notes:
* You need to have STRM path set in addon-settings
* The first sync will take a while as it pulls change records from your account.
* You can power off or shutdown the device while it is building STRM. It will resume where left off on next run.
* It will run at most once a day.
* Once the initial sync is done, it will only sync changes.
* It will not delete STRMs (to be tested separately).
* It will create a tv, movies,music and video-other in the STRM path, separating STRM (as detected).
* You can manually invoke by choosing the Testing option in the root directory listing

What is coming:
* Delete STRM files for media deleted
* when there is multiple tv shows and movies of the same name, combine into a single STRM
* NFO support (download and/or create).
(2016-09-03, 04:34)dmdsoftware Wrote: I noticed that thumbnail cache is only for video and music. None of the cache properties applies to Pictures.

I have added an issue to track extending to pictures. https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/89

Thanks @dmdsoftware for looking into the thumbnail caching issue. The issue isn't so much that picture thumbnails can't be cached, but that even with the thumbnail caching enabled for videos and music, the thumbnails are still not being cached and are reloaded every time any video content list is loaded. This is most evident when Thumbnails view is enabled while viewing a folder full of videos. After loading all of the video thumbnails and then either playing a video to the end or pressing back or stop while viewing a video, the full list and each individual thumbnail is reloaded every time.
(2016-09-07, 07:17)sabrex Wrote:
(2016-09-03, 04:34)dmdsoftware Wrote: I noticed that thumbnail cache is only for video and music. None of the cache properties applies to Pictures.

Thanks @dmdsoftware for looking into the thumbnail caching issue. The issue isn't so much that picture thumbnails can't be cached, but that even with the thumbnail caching enabled for videos and music, the thumbnails are still not being cached and are reloaded every time any video content list is loaded. This is most evident when Thumbnails view is enabled while viewing a folder full of videos. After loading all of the video thumbnails and then either playing a video to the end or pressing back or stop while viewing a video, the full list and each individual thumbnail is reloaded every time.

I'll work on improving the caching.

https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/92
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12