• 52(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2016-08-22, 19:32)rasmuspeders1 Wrote:
(2016-07-03, 15:50)Razviar Wrote: Hi!

I've downloaded Kodi v17 alpha on my Sony Bravia KDL-55W809C, it started normally, got all old settings, but passthrough didn.t work. On Kodi v 16.1 it's all fine: 5.1 channels through optical cable working great with my AV-receiver. But on v17 the same configuration (with enabled passthrough) made all my videos completely silent. No sound at all. Once I turn off passthrough - sound starts to play normally, but only 2.0 format, without 5.1 decoding.

So my question is - has anyone similar problem on v17? Maybe you know how to fix it? Or I should just wait for official release and stop looking for adventures?

+1
I have the exact same issue as you. Just wanted to note it here and hope devs might follow this thread.

Same problem here in my 65xd9305 . Dolby Digital does not work although DTS works nice. Both work fine in Kodi 16
Same on my AFTV, so it's not the TV's fault. Not all of my videos are silent, but many are.
Kodi 17 Beta 1 is released, but DD is still not playing properly. Bug report is posted, but no response so far...
Guys, can some of you test this scenario? When you do get that dreadful eeeeeeek on DTS track, quit kodi (v17) and start playing that movie with built in player then stop, go back to kodi and try the same movie again.
This alway fix DTS for me but the question is how using another player can fix something like that since no change was made in kodi settings.
Hi there,

Can someone please tell me how I can remove sources (added servers) in the video section? As I don't have a "C" button or menu button on my remote control.
I have a Sony Barvia Android TV. Is this possible with the standard remote control? http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/w850c...-large.jpg

Thank you so much!
select item and than loooong press on that middle crosshair button will give you some more options.

edit: and with latest nightly DD/AC3 passthrough works but now DTS does not.
(2016-09-04, 17:55)kinggo Wrote: select item and than loooong press on that middle crosshair button will give you some more options.

Unfortunately, that doen't work. When I press the middle crosshair and hold it for like 5 or 10 seconds it just goes to the maps in the server... So the same action as you just press 1 second.
(2016-09-04, 17:55)kinggo Wrote: select item and than loooong press on that middle crosshair button will give you some more options.

Android passthrough support:

< v21: nothing
starting with v21: AC3, EAC3 (broken on most firmwares)
starting with v23: AC3, DTS, EAC3, DTS-HD
On Shield: v23 + TrueHD

So if your TV does not run v23 of Android - you won't get DTS. The PCM hack that might kill your ears was removed completely.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisi...-p/2190551

the 2015's mine atleast W800c is running v22 5.1.1 i dont use passthrough though but just letting you guys know it is coming this year for 2015 models.
(2016-09-04, 22:36)fritsch Wrote:

So if your TV does not run v23 of Android - you won't get DTS. The PCM hack that might kill your ears was removed completely.
Not yet. But SONY promised MM for all android models (they all have the same HW) and sice new ZD9 apparently runs on MM I hope that the next update will bring MM to other models to.
Is anyone else having the issue if you leave kodi (krypton v17) running and turn tv off (from remote) overnight, when you turn tv back on something is maxxing the cpu it jumps from 1 thread to the next 20%/100%cpu 100%/20%cpu 20%/100%cpu etc, it makes some stuff not playable due to cpu increase and attempting to quit kodi just freezes, you need to force quit it from settings/applications and relaunch kodi which fixes it, i think it might be related to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10111 fix as i tried that test build and it was still affected my only other guess is that maybe the firmware update on the bravia awhile back messed things up. really just want to know is anyone else experiencing this i also tried a factory reset on the tv (W800C) which didnt help.
Quote: So if your TV does not run v23 of Android - you won't get DTS. The PCM hack that might kill your ears was removed completely.
I have Lollipop 5.1.1 (V22) on my Sony and if I am not completely wrong, DTS passthrough did work, but AC3 did not Huh (with Krypton Beta). Or did I mistake PCM for DTS? Probably looks similar from a distance on the small AVR display.
OK, seems I was wrong. And it makes perfect sense now. It looks as follows on my Sony...

Kodi Jarvis / SPMC (V16): AC3 and DTS passthrough both working
Krypton (V17): DTS is decoded and output as PCM (as there is no passthrough capability on API 22), no stream for AC3 (Kodi uses the RAW API which does not work on the Sony)

Sony users for sure should stay with Jarvis or go with SPMC.
Mmm... Pretty sure Sony does raw ac3.
If you set spmc on passthrough raw, you get raw ac3 and pcm/iec dts.
Do you already have Marshmallow by chance?

When setting SPMC to RAW passthrough:

AC3: AVR shows no stream (just like Kodi 17)
DTS: working
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8