• 11(current)
Mod Aeon MQ7 Modded for Jarvis
(2016-09-14, 13:29)DolGuldur Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 06:23)hpman247 Wrote: Ok, I think I've done all that I can do. On a brand new clean install, both Windows and Mac, it's the exact same issue. The Detailed and colored MPAA ratings will not show. Everything else works fine. This is on 16.1 Jarvis and the latest update in the forum thread for the MQ 7 skin.

I have the Art Downloader add on and I have run it. I have the Skin Helper add on. I've copied and replaced all the files as directed. All of the settings shown in the screen shots of the top menu look exactly as mine do. There's nothing more that I can do to fix this, so at this point, unless there are some other ideas, I'm just going to have to be happy with the white/normal MPAA ratings.

rename this file to DialogVideoInfo.xml and replace it inside 1080i folder
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kmjrhu...282%29.xml

Then extract this and put it inside media folder http://www.mediafire.com/download/5at367...flags2.zip
so folder structure should be like ~media/flags/~

Still no change, unfortunately.
After refreshing my library as suggested and running the artwork downloader again as all my art was messed up from the refresh, I've noticed that the animated posters aren't showing by default anymore. After running Artwork Dowloader the first time, it automatically set the animated art as the main poster.

Any idea who I can go about getting it to do that again? I'd rather not have to set all of them manually, but setting them manually does work.
(2016-09-15, 02:36)hpman247 Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 13:29)DolGuldur Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 06:23)hpman247 Wrote: Ok, I think I've done all that I can do. On a brand new clean install, both Windows and Mac, it's the exact same issue. The Detailed and colored MPAA ratings will not show. Everything else works fine. This is on 16.1 Jarvis and the latest update in the forum thread for the MQ 7 skin.

I have the Art Downloader add on and I have run it. I have the Skin Helper add on. I've copied and replaced all the files as directed. All of the settings shown in the screen shots of the top menu look exactly as mine do. There's nothing more that I can do to fix this, so at this point, unless there are some other ideas, I'm just going to have to be happy with the white/normal MPAA ratings.

rename this file to DialogVideoInfo.xml and replace it inside 1080i folder

Then extract this and put it inside media folder http://www.mediafire.com/download/5at367...flags2.zip

I'm really out of ideas bro sorry

(2016-09-15, 06:59)hpman247 Wrote: After refreshing my library as suggested and running the artwork downloader again as all my art was messed up from the refresh, I've noticed that the animated posters aren't showing by default anymore. After running Artwork Dowloader the first time, it automatically set the animated art as the main poster.

Any idea who I can go about getting it to do that again? I'd rather not have to set all of them manually, but setting them manually does work.
I aslo had the same same issue before so my commendation in your case to start fresh, delete skin.mq7 folder from userdata/addons, also delete thumbnails folder.
(2016-09-15, 14:26)DolGuldur Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 02:36)hpman247 Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 13:29)DolGuldur Wrote: rename this file to DialogVideoInfo.xml and replace it inside 1080i folder

Linux user here. I can confirm that this step is what it took to finally get the detailed icons displaying for me. One thing I noticed is that it's not displaying for all of my movies, and that's because *I'm* missing something in my scrapped metadata. Every movie I've added recently works. I'm scrapping with Emby and on my version it takes a metadata refresh after the library update to scrape everything.

Thanks for the amazing work DolGuldur.
(2016-09-15, 15:54)Ambidex Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 14:26)DolGuldur Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 02:36)hpman247 Wrote: Still no change, unfortunately.

Linux user here. I can confirm that this step is what it took to finally get the detailed icons displaying for me. One thing I noticed is that it's not displaying for all of my movies, and that's because *I'm* missing something in my scrapped metadata. Every movie I've added recently works. I'm scrapping with Emby and on my version it takes a metadata refresh after the library update to scrape everything.

Thanks for the amazing work DolGuldur.

You're welcome bro, I think hpman247 should also rescrape metadata , and use universal movie scraper
I am in the process of migrating all my movie and tv shows library to a centralized one using emby. And the problem of the MPAA detailed icons vs scraping MPAA convention occurs again. Series detailed MPAA icon you compiled are ok, tough.
So I think naming conventions there are the same.

But movies have been reverted again. And I found the reason. The EMBY scraper places "R" for "Rated R", for example.

So either I can find a way to change MPAA taggin within emby (searching as I write this down) or...you could compile an .xbt for us, EMBY users please? I can provide all the correct namings for movies MPAA.
(2016-09-16, 00:49)djhifi Wrote: I recently moved my library to a centralized one using emby. And the problem of the MPAA detailed icons vs scraping MPAA convention occurs again. Series detailed MPAA icon you compiled are ok, tough.
So I think naming conventions there are the same.

But movies have been reverted again. And I found the reason. The EMBY scraper places "R" for "Rated R", for example.

So either I can find a way to change MPAA taggin withing emby (searching as I write this down) or...you could compile an .xbt for us, EMBY users please? I can provide all the correct namings for movies MPAA.

thanks djhifi for clearing that out, just provide me with the correct naming conventions and I will add it to the xbt asap
@DonGuldur

Self-explanatory Angel

ZOOMED IN

EDIT: In the screenshot note I made a typo, I meant it's missing on my collection TV-14 stuff and TV-MA as well. But the problem won't occur with those I think (will report back if it does, tough).

Snippet: As far as I've seen and searched and inquired on the EMBY forums, MPAA scraping tags alters between some abbreviations, depending on which country we choose to pull them from. I changed from Portugal (didn't notice at the time I was setting everything up) to USA, but the name conventions for the important ones are still the same. No workaround besides name changing the files, I'm afraid.
So basically all that needs to be done is remove the "Rated" part from each filename, and everything will work again (not tested, tough, but I'm guessing, because changing the metadata of XYZ movie via library editor in KODI to "R" makes the trick).

PS: Thank you so much for your availability. I would donate for your effort ! I reckon modding is hard. on MQ6 i went down that road. But now i don't have the time and prefer to make suggestions and/or help (like I'm trying to, regarding reviews implementation and OMDB api refresh/update clarification).

As im talking about suggestions, you can always include new naming conventions in a solo .xbt to be of use to several people, instead of having to distribute 2 versions of the .xbt, am I right? (Just trying to save you time here Tongue)

EDIT
@hpman247

(2016-09-15, 06:59)hpman247 Wrote: After refreshing my library as suggested and running the artwork downloader again as all my art was messed up from the refresh, I've noticed that the animated posters aren't showing by default anymore. After running Artwork Dowloader the first time, it automatically set the animated art as the main poster.

1 - In which system is your KODI installed?
2 - Also check if your artwork downloader is storing files locally (Programs->Artwork Downloader->Context Menu->Settings->Advanced).
3 - Are you storing your files locally or via internet? (files = media stuff, not the actual movies)
4 - Also, check if you (in case of .nfo usage) don't have the paths pointing to other directions.
5 - Check if it works by unzipping the media files from DonGuldur directly inside "media" folder, without any more folder nests.
6 - Which scraper are you using? Have you tried to check out how it's naming the MPAA files, for instance?
7 - Which version of MQ7 are you using and also, are you using any other mods?
8 - Have you checked for latest updated skin.info.service, library.data.provider or even skin.helper.service ? Sometimes, addon malfunction can cause corrupted data throughout the skin.

Try any of these isolated or mix them up.

Report back when all steps are done, for error exclusions please.

(2016-09-13, 12:10)hpman247 Wrote: I see something this time. I am missing that option between "Show Original Title" and "Audio and Subtitle Flags". Any idea how I can make that show up?

This is because some .xml compiled and distributed with this mod, are not making it's way into the skin folder mate. It happened to me by mistake. The skin is lacking information. Most certainly the includestopmenu.xml or the variables one.

.xml's are the stuff that makes invisible coding things become visible and displayed to the user by the skin. If you implement X thing you need the corresponding "GPS" file to guide the skin in order to display it to users.
So every time people complain about not seeing specific menu option, 80% of the time it's because of something related to the .xml that interacts with that coding part. Either missing, badly compiled...etc, etc.

Anyway check everything from what I've said out, please.
Thank you all for your help and ideas. I have finally figured out the problem. It came down to isolating a number of different issues, but the main culprit is the way that I have my library organized. Currently I have Movie>Movie.mkv as well as numerous fan arts, disc logo, posters, etc. Also, I was using TMDB for scraping. Do not do this.

From my testing what seems to work is this:
1. Delete all those extra files from movie folders .With Universal Movie Scraper and Artwork Downloader you do not need them. MovieTitle.mkv is all that you need
2. Start clean. I cut my current Kodi folder in /AppData/Roaming to my desktop (backup purposes), and allowed Kodi to start fresh and create a new one.
3. Then I allowed Kodi a few minutes to start and get acclimated, enable add ons, etc. Stuff it does automatically on the first run. It takes a few minutes.
4. Install the Aeon MQ7 Skin from the Zip File in the add on's menu.
5. Once the skin is enabled, I made sure that Artwork Downloader was present and enabled as well. (I forget if I had to enable it or if it was already enabled. I left all settings at default). Then I shut down Kodi, and added the files in this thread as directed by DolGuldur
6. Now I restarted and added my Movies library, choosing Universal Movie Scraper for scraping purposes. Do not use TMDB for this or it will not work as well, and in some cases not at all.
7. Once that finished, I verified that my movies had been scraped, and several of the movies did show animated posters, but not all of them.
8. At this point I ran Artwork Downloader.
9. Now all of the movies that have animated artwork show correctly.
10. AND THE MPAA DETAILED LOGOS SHOW PERFECTLY

In my case the detailed logo was not working because I already had images, nfos, etc in the movie folder files. After lots of troubleshooting I discovered that this was the root cause of that function failing to work for me. I suppose Universal Media Scraper did not bother to scrape that information since files were already present. Once I removed those excess metadata files from the folders, leaving only the movie file, all of the detailed MPAA art shows perfectly.

Now I would like to note something else. If at any time you refresh your library, not update, but refresh it, remove it, etc. If you do any of these things, before you scrape again, you MUST delete the Thumbnails folder in /userdata/Thumbnails. I am not sure why this is the case, but if you want the animated artwork to show properly, you must do this.
1. Remover or Refresh library
2. Close Kodi
3. Delete all files and folders in /userdata/Thumbnails
4. Restart Kodi
5, Add library again or refresh, either way use Universal Movie Scraper for this.
6. Run Artwork Downloader
7, Animated art will work again.
PS, thank you again for this absolutely gorgeous mod. So sorry for all the trouble.
(2016-09-16, 01:58)djhifi Wrote: @DonGuldur

Self-explanatory Angel

ZOOMED IN

EDIT: In the screenshot note I made a typo, I meant it's missing on my collection TV-14 stuff and TV-MA as well. But the problem won't occur with those I think (will report back if it does, tough).

Snippet: As far as I've seen and searched and inquired on the EMBY forums, MPAA scraping tags alters between some abbreviations, depending on which country we choose to pull them from. I changed from Portugal (didn't notice at the time I was setting everything up) to USA, but the name conventions for the important ones are still the same. No workaround besides name changing the files, I'm afraid.
So basically all that needs to be done is remove the "Rated" part from each filename, and everything will work again (not tested, tough, but I'm guessing, because changing the metadata of XYZ movie via library editor in KODI to "R" makes the trick).

PS: Thank you so much for your availability. I would donate for your effort ! I reckon modding is hard. on MQ6 i went down that road. But now i don't have the time and prefer to make suggestions and/or help (like I'm trying to, regarding reviews implementation and OMDB api refresh/update clarification).

As im talking about suggestions, you can always include new naming conventions in a solo .xbt to be of use to several people, instead of having to distribute 2 versions of the .xbt, am I right? (Just trying to save you time here Tongue)
Your Suggestions are always welcome bro. I Included both naming conventions in The updated Texture.xbt file, for example (Rated R.png, there is also R.png) and so on, Also as you mentioned the TV ratings doesn't change so they don't need to be renamed. Here is Download link also included in the OP.

Regarding the reviews we're still waiting marcel's response, I've got some plans in store for it already.

(2016-09-16, 07:04)hpman247 Wrote: Thank you all for your help and ideas. I have finally figured out the problem. It came down to isolating a number of different issues, but the main culprit is the way that I have my library organized. Currently I have Movie>Movie.mkv as well as numerous fan arts, disc logo, posters, etc. Also, I was using TMDB for scraping. Do not do this.

You have no idea how glad I'm this is finally working for you.

(2016-09-16, 07:04)hpman247 Wrote: From my testing what seems to work is this:
1. Delete all those extra files from movie folders .With Universal Movie Scraper and Artwork Downloader you do not need them. MovieTitle.mkv is all that you need
2. Start clean. I cut my current Kodi folder in /AppData/Roaming to my desktop (backup purposes), and allowed Kodi to start fresh and create a new one.
3. Then I allowed Kodi a few minutes to start and get acclimated, enable add ons, etc. Stuff it does automatically on the first run. It takes a few minutes.
4. Install the Aeon MQ7 Skin from the Zip File in the add on's menu.
5. Once the skin is enabled, I made sure that Artwork Downloader was present and enabled as well. (I forget if I had to enable it or if it was already enabled. I left all settings at default). Then I shut down Kodi, and added the files in this thread as directed by DolGuldur
6. Now I restarted and added my Movies library, choosing Universal Movie Scraper for scraping purposes. Do not use TMDB for this or it will not work as well, and in some cases not at all.
7. Once that finished, I verified that my movies had been scraped, and several of the movies did show animated posters, but not all of them.
8. At this point I ran Artwork Downloader.
9. Now all of the movies that have animated artwork show correctly.
10. AND THE MPAA DETAILED LOGOS SHOW PERFECTLY

In my case the detailed logo was not working because I already had images, nfos, etc in the movie folder files. After lots of troubleshooting I discovered that this was the root cause of that function failing to work for me. I suppose Universal Media Scraper did not bother to scrape that information since files were already present. Once I removed those excess metadata files from the folders, leaving only the movie file, all of the detailed MPAA art shows perfectly.

Now I would like to note something else. If at any time you refresh your library, not update, but refresh it, remove it, etc. If you do any of these things, before you scrape again, you MUST delete the Thumbnails folder in /userdata/Thumbnails. I am not sure why this is the case, but if you want the animated artwork to show properly, you must do this.
1. Remover or Refresh library
2. Close Kodi
3. Delete all files and folders in /userdata/Thumbnails
4. Restart Kodi
5, Add library again or refresh, either way use Universal Movie Scraper for this.
6. Run Artwork Downloader
7, Animated art will work again.

Thank you for your tips, I really don't know why this is happening though.
i asked this in the mq7 thread -

(2016-09-16, 21:26)paulsk2 Wrote: is there a way in tv shows to add the little badge on the poster of how many unwatched episodes are in a folder ? i see it on many other skins and if it not on mq7 it really would be a great addition

the reply was -

(2016-09-16, 22:14)Angelinas Wrote: I add in flags bar....Working ok
in includes.xml
Code:
        <control type="label">
            <!-- Unwatched Episodes -->
            <include>FlagLabel</include>
            <label>$INFO[ListItem.Episode] / $INFO[ListItem.Property(UnwatchedEpisodes)]</label>
            <visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
        </control>

my question here is could this be added onto this mod as im using this version and im not a coder/ programmer . thanks in advance :-)
(2016-09-17, 16:39)paulsk2 Wrote: i asked this in the mq7 thread -

(2016-09-16, 21:26)paulsk2 Wrote: is there a way in tv shows to add the little badge on the poster of how many unwatched episodes are in a folder ? i see it on many other skins and if it not on mq7 it really would be a great addition

the reply was -

(2016-09-16, 22:14)Angelinas Wrote: I add in flags bar....Working ok
in includes.xml
Code:
        <control type="label">
            <label>$INFO[ListItem.Episode] / $INFO[ListItem.Property(UnwatchedEpisodes)]</label>
        </control>

my question here is could this be added onto this mod as im using this version and im not a coder/ programmer . thanks in advance :-)

Why would you want to duplicate a feature which is already implemented? Don't see the point

@DonGuldur

The new .xbt solved it again mate. Just reporting this back.
(2016-09-17, 16:39)paulsk2 Wrote: my question here is could this be added onto this mod as im using this version and im not a coder/ programmer . thanks in advance :-)
Angelinas already solved it for you,
open includes.xml file
insert this code at line
Code:
<control type="label">
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <include>FlagSeparator</include>
            </control>

(2016-09-17, 17:57)djhifi Wrote: @DonGuldur

The new .xbt solved it again mate. Just reporting this back.
Thanks for reporting back bro
HELP!!!!

OK, I don't know what I did, but I don't have the Holiday mod anymore. I re-copied the 1080i folder from the first post as instructed, but no go. I then re-extracted the modded 1080i folder from the instructions below that and then did the Holiday mod 1080i folder, and STILL no options in settings. Would you be willing to upload a 1080i folder for all 4 mods (rather than then 3, then a separate holiday mod 1080i folder). I know I'm missing something, but I've trying to get everything working again for a couple of days, but feel like I'm just going around in circles doing the same thing over and over.

Edit: Nevermind. I just fixed it. Don't know what I did, but it works, lol.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ7 Modded for Jarvis7