• 7(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
thanks for the reply and interest.
i am into fanart a lot. in the aeon nox silvo mod which i also use, there are the options in the menu customizer to select the home menu item or submenu item background from a list that includes any smart playlist, sources, files and more. you can even chose the weather background provided by image collection plug-in.
hope that makes it clearer.
thanks again

EDIT: this is over my head still but i checked and it appears this can be accomplished via skin shortcuts.
https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...ackgrounds

hope that makes more sense to you than it does me.
Yep, I understand now. I'll look at it soon.

edit: You can already choose the weather background image resource, btw. Metropolis Settings->Image Resources->Select Weather fanart.
cool thanks!
(2016-09-18, 14:50)gate1975mlm Wrote: I just wanted to make sure is there anyway you can hide "Humidity, Precip, Clouds and Wind" from the 7 Day Forecast when using Yahoo Weather as that info is empty?

Fixed, will be in 3.4.0.

(2016-09-18, 14:50)gate1975mlm Wrote: Even though I tried Weather Underground I still may use Yahool Weather too.

My I ask why? More curious than anything Smile
(2016-09-19, 14:10)jingai Wrote:
(2016-09-18, 14:50)gate1975mlm Wrote: I just wanted to make sure is there anyway you can hide "Humidity, Precip, Clouds and Wind" from the 7 Day Forecast when using Yahoo Weather as that info is empty?

Fixed, will be in 3.4.0.

(2016-09-18, 14:50)gate1975mlm Wrote: Even though I tried Weather Underground I still may use Yahool Weather too.

My I ask why? More curious than anything Smile

Well I actually noticed when hitting the refresh button with Weather Underground It says "Busy" sometimes for like 20 seconds or so to update the weather info where as with Yahoo Weather updating the weather is almost instant. Not that it is a big deal or anything but perhaps Yahoo Weather add-on seems more stable to me? Going forward I probably will use Weather Underground but just in case I do decide to use Yahoo Weather I am glad to know it will all be displayed correctly Smile

I am kind of a perfectionist and can be very picky at times Smile lol

I know I have said this before but seriously thank you for making Metropolis so awesome Nod
No problem, was just curious. WU updates pretty quickly for me and I don't ever really refresh it (since I quit Kodi in between sessions), so I didn't understand why you'd want to use an addon that provided so much less info Smile
(2016-09-17, 19:12)gate1975mlm Wrote: The first thing I did was install Metropolis RC3. and after installing was completed which seems to take a little longer then I remember in the past maybe because of Kodi 17 anyway so "Keep Skin Would you like to keep this change?" pops up I click yes. So it switches to Metropolis and right away I get the pop up message saying "Add-On Required" To use this feature you must download an add-on Skin Helper Service Would you like to download this add-on?" And of course the No and Yes are missing and on top of that that it doses not even give me time to click anything as the whole message disappears very quickly on it's own and then switches me back to the default skin. So now I go to settings and select Metropolis and this time it switches and when I go to the home screen I see the "Add-On Required" To use this feature you must download an add-on Skin Helper Service Would you like to download this add-on?" again and this time the No and Yes buttons are displayed just fine. So I click yes and looks like its downloading something and then a second time I get the same pop up message Add-On Required but this time again No and Yes are missing. So I click where yes would normally be displayed it download stuff and then all done and good to go.

Was able to reproduce this. I think probably a Kodi core bug though since the labels are present the second time it's presented.

(2016-09-17, 19:12)gate1975mlm Wrote: I was also able to reproduce the Failed to install message issue that you get unless you restart Kodi for when installing a new Metropolis update. To be clear I was on defult skin when trying to install the Metropolis update.

Was not able to reproduce this one. You might check with Kodi devs about the following:

Code:
12:31:41 T:4612   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip 'smb://BEDROOM-PC/Desktop/Metropolis 3.4.0 RC 3 for Kodi 17.zip'
12:31:41 T:4612   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
12:31:41 T:660   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\media\Textures.xbt
12:31:41 T:660   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.metropolis/media/Textures.xbt
12:31:41 T:660   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\media\Textures.xbt
12:31:41 T:660   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.metropolis/media/Textures.xbt
12:31:41 T:660   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.metropolis]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.metropolis
@mxlance, I've added a github Issue for Support for Playlists as Home background fanart. It likely won't come in 3.4.0 because I'm trying to avoid adding new features at this point, but it should be in 3.4.1.
understood, look forward to it in the future. thanks
Metropolis 3.4.0rc4 is available.
I just found a new bug with Next TV Show Air Date!

The Next Episode info is over lapping the TV rating.

Also I know this has been talked about in the past but I really liked the way it was before where the next episode info was displayed at the top middle when ever you highlighted a TV Show.

Now you have to move the cursor over a TV Show and click a button on the remote and select information. I think less clicks would be better.

I really wish that could be changed back to the way it was Smile
(2016-09-20, 19:19)gate1975mlm Wrote: I just found a new bug with Next TV Show Air Date!

Will fix, thanks for the report.

(2016-09-20, 19:19)gate1975mlm Wrote: Also I know this has been talked about in the past but I really liked the way it was before where the next episode info was displayed at the top middle when ever you highlighted a TV Show.

Now you have to move the cursor over a TV Show and click a button on the remote and select information. I think less clicks would be better.

This is never going to happen. The top area was reserved for future use, and as you may have noticed, it is now occupied by the breadcrumbs.
(2016-09-20, 19:25)jingai Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 19:19)gate1975mlm Wrote: I just found a new bug with Next TV Show Air Date!

Will fix, thanks for the report.

(2016-09-20, 19:19)gate1975mlm Wrote: Also I know this has been talked about in the past but I really liked the way it was before where the next episode info was displayed at the top middle when ever you highlighted a TV Show.

This is never going to happen. The top area was reserved for future use, and as you may have noticed, it is now occupied by the breadcrumbs.

This may sound dumb but what is breadcrumbs? lol Smile
Breadcrumbs are a 'trail' of where you've been. For instance, if you're currently on an episode of Family Guy in the library and you navigated there in the normal way, you might see:

Code:
Videos - TV Shows - Family Guy - Season 10

at the top of the screen.
(2016-09-20, 19:32)jingai Wrote: Breadcrumbs are a 'trail' of where you've been. For instance, if you're currently on an episode of Family Guy in the library and you navigated there in the normal way, you might see:

Code:
Videos - TV Shows - Family Guy - Season 10

at the top of the screen.

Cool thanks for the info Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)0