• 10(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
May i have a very strange system ;-) So win+p was not used during logging.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2016-09-22, 21:31)tehax Wrote: May i have a very strange system ;-) So win+p was not used during logging.

I think so - still don't have a good answer for the basic question - which is why is your second display called Display6 by Windows? .

On starting Frontview there is only one screen found, then 2, then 1, then they are called Display1 and Display2, then 1, then 2 called Display1 and Display6! Does seem a bit bizarre.

Frontview never only starts in Taskbar (Unless minimise always is on). It seems it is starting somewhere off screen for some reason.

I would try 50 again; select Display1 (main display), exit Frontview and restart. Hopefully appears correctly, and scaled correctly in primary 4K screen. (Does in my primary screen). Select 1024x768 or 800x600 resolution - should appropriately scale. Then select Display6. Close and restart.
(Could double check the properties, High Dpi aware compatibility setting as this may need removing - even though new Exe; stored in registry by file name)

Glenn
i did read the manual ;-) i activated already the frontview addon in Kodi. with port 5000. it shows a popup window and says that there is a connection to yatse. in frontview i added a connection to Kodi with 127.0.0.1 and Port 81 (i use frontview on same machine as kodi), which is my Port set in activated Kodi webserver http. And i activatet "usefrontview server". it works when i play music. but not when browsing through öovies in kodi as it should. what can i do? kodi 17 beta2, arctic zephyr skin. i like the addon a lot. used formerly on windows media center the similar addom Media Display which also was great.
http://www.mce-community.de/forum/index....-14012016/

PS: how does frontview influences the standby mode? i have the feeling that it blocks automatic standby?!
(2016-09-23, 09:48)charliekay74 Wrote: i did read the manual ;-) i activated already the frontview addon in Kodi. with port 5000. it shows a popup window and says that there is a connection to yatse. in frontview i added a connection to Kodi with 127.0.0.1 and Port 81 (i use frontview on same machine as kodi), which is my Port set in activated Kodi webserver http. And i activatet "usefrontview server". it works when i play music. but not when browsing through öovies in kodi as it should. what can i do? kodi 17 beta2, arctic zephyr skin. i like the addon a lot. used formerly on windows media center the similar addom Media Display which also was great.
http://www.mce-community.de/forum/index....-14012016/

PS: how does frontview influences the standby mode? i have the feeling that it blocks automatic standby?!

Hi
Sounds like you have done all the right things.

Confirming though you do need to have extrafanart downloaded in the movie or tvseries directory (artwork downloader does it automatically) and Frontview needs to be able to read these files.

It is possible there is something new in Krypton or file handling/directory naming that is causing issues.

If you pm or post a Frontview debug/trace log that would be helpful.

Automatic standby - would not have thought so - but not 100%.

Glenn
Logs from Frontview

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfxy7ayl02yiw6...B.log?dl=0

PS: Standby no problem with frontview. my audio driver was the problem;-)
(2016-09-23, 11:03)charliekay74 Wrote: Logs from Frontview
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfxy7ayl02yiw6...B.log?dl=0
PS: Standby no problem with frontview. my audio driver was the problem;-)

Thanks for the logs!
Does seem to connect - but doesn't receive any information from Kodi (presume you were browsing at the time of the log?)
Suspect you are using Yatse3 Kodi plugin? Rather than Frontview Kodi one? (but code differences are minimal)
Also FanartAlways needs to be on to display browsing fanart - but still wouldn't explain the lack of communication.
Will have to fire up beta2 and see if any breaking changes.
Glenn
I first had installed yatse kodi plugin... Then changed/uninstalled and used frontview kodi service. But doesn't change... Ah okay fanart always has to be on... I didn't know that but tried it out temporally several times but didn't work
Beta 2 would be great[THUMBS UP SIGN]
(2016-09-23, 22:00)charliekay74 Wrote: I first had installed yatse kodi plugin... Then changed/uninstalled and used frontview kodi service. But doesn't change... Ah okay fanart always has to be on... I didn't know that but tried it out temporally several times but didn't work
Beta 2 would be great[THUMBS UP SIGN]

Hi
Managed to download and install Kodi beta 2 on laptop (away at moment). Then created some movie files (me on webcam!) renamed and managed to create movie database.

Can confirm that connection with Frontview Kodi plugin and Kodi Krypton Beta 2 - works as expected and same as with Jarvis - with the correct communication. (This is with default skin - will update to your one and try again for completeness when can) (have checked other skin - artic zephyr and works fine as well)

On further review of your log - on two occasions there is communication from Kodi on app startup (which I see when Kodi started if Frontview already running)
Only sent twice at 10:48.11:
Code:
lt;type>app</type><event>start</event>

And

<type>volume</type><volume>100</volume><muted>false</muted>

Likely to be Frontview Kodi add on - but then never sends anything else again - well whole lot of blank strings - I wonder whether both plugins are on/enabled and clashing on same port?)
Or:
Have you something else on port 5000 that Frontview is communicating with?

I would change the port used in Frontview (settings.xml) and within Frontview Kodi add on (make sure Yatse addon if there is off/disabled/better yet deleted as well)

& try again. (Trace log as well on may give slightly more info)

Glenn
Changed port did not change anything:-(
Hi!
Great tool! Exactly what i was looking for!

Is there any possibility to port it to android?
Hi

I installed the front view+. Everything works except the weather forecast (I wanted to instead for Zurich but it doesn't work) but that is not that important. How could I set this weathe for Zurich?

The main problem is with the movie category. For the music I have no problem to access to it from the front view but for the movie, the front view writes that data are not available. How is it possible to set it?

Otherwise thanks for this app. It was also what i was looking for.
(2016-10-06, 20:23)zebus59 Wrote: Hi

I installed the front view+. Everything works except the weather forecast (I wanted to instead for Zurich but it doesn't work) but that is not that important. How could I set this weathe for Zurich?

The main problem is with the movie category. For the music I have no problem to access to it from the front view but for the movie, the front view writes that data are not available. How is it possible to set it?

Otherwise thanks for this app. It was also what i was looking for.

Presume you have setup weather API key? Will search without but won't download forecast.
Not sure what is up with Movies.
If you could post FV+ trace/debug log will have a look at both.

Glenn
Hi
Short answer is sorry; no, this isn't a do everything for a Windows Kodi install application, nor can it be.

What you are suggesting would be unrelated to the apps current purpose and basically would probably mean a rewrite of the whole app.

grammar
First of all please excuse my bad english!
Because there is no android version, I bought a win10 tablet only for trying your addon, and i am really impressed! It was really what i was looking for for so longNod.

Where i live nearly everybody has a useless android device lying around. I spent about 100 bucks for bying the tablet to use your great program, and the money was worth it!! I think many android users would pay for such an app before buying a 100 bucks tablet Blush

Q: So why dont i am just using the bought tablet just for frontview+?
A: Because i found out, i bought a tablet i'm able to play games with. And if i am going to buy another tablet just for frontview+ my wife is going to kill me...Tongue

BTW: at the moment when using live tv, the icons of the broadcasting station are visibly on the frontview+ client. Is it possible to display the artwork collected by the script helper service for the running live tv?
(2016-10-14, 00:11)Momo90 Wrote: First of all please excuse my bad english!
Because there is no android version, I bought a win10 tablet only for trying your addon, and i am really impressed! It was really what i was looking for for so longNod.

Where i live nearly everybody has a useless android device lying around. I spent about 100 bucks for bying the tablet to use your great program, and the money was worth it!! I think many android users would pay for such an app before buying a 100 bucks tablet Blush

Q: So why dont i am just using the bought tablet just for frontview+?
A: Because i found out, i bought a tablet i'm able to play games with. And if i am going to buy another tablet just for frontview+ my wife is going to kill me...Tongue

BTW: at the moment when using live tv, the icons of the broadcasting station are visibly on the frontview+ client. Is it possible to display the artwork collected by the script helper service for the running live tv?

Thanks.
Unfortunately android and windows are quite different systems as you know - and it is not a simple matter of compiling code for android. In fact the whole app would need to re-written for a android system..
Hence 'porting to android' is not possible.
There are also a number of android Kodi Remote solutions (Yatsee for one) which offer similar functionality.

Live TV - is a function I don't use. Happy to look at the script helper service - can you explain where the artwork is saved for each channel?

Glenn
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3