• 474(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hey everyone,

Just got my Dell Chromebox and finished all the dual boot w/ LibreElec jazz. Annnd it's Enterprise Enrollment locked. Ugh. I bought this from eBay. Contacted the seller but haven't heard back yet. Am I pretty much screwed unless I can get a hold of whoever originally owned this?

I'm sorry in advance. I'm sure this has already been answered. I searched. Forum searches are often pretty worthless.
(2016-10-03, 01:18)imbored Wrote: Hey everyone,

Just got my Dell Chromebox and finished all the dual boot w/ LibreElec jazz. Annnd it's Enterprise Enrollment locked. Ugh. I bought this from eBay. Contacted the seller but haven't heard back yet. Am I pretty much screwed unless I can get a hold of whoever originally owned this?

I'm sorry in advance. I'm sure this has already been answered. I searched. Forum searches are often pretty worthless.
there are multiple ways around the enterprise enrollment which can be found via Google, but will likely require resetting the device (and redoing the dual boot setup). That's a bit out of scope and not something I want to get into here.
(2016-10-03, 11:10)Matt Devo Wrote: there are multiple ways around the enterprise enrollment which can be found via Google, but will likely require resetting the device (and redoing the dual boot setup). That's a bit out of scope and not something I want to get into here.

It wasn't enterprise after all. It was set for meetings. Got that taken care of w/ CTRL+ALT+H.

Now a whole other host of issues. After a dual boot install of LibreElec/ChromeOS.

1. ChromeOS won't play audio over HDMI.
2. Netflix won't stream in HD either.
3. LibreElec won't boot. Stuck at the booting from Hard Disk screen.

HDMI is the selected audio output.
This is going through a receiver.
Audio works over headphones.

I realize that these are separate issues. It just makes for a bothersome troubleshoot when I can't compare(Kodi vs Chrome.)

I've restored to factory and re-ran the script multiple times. There are no errors during install.

Dell Chromebox 3010 i7.

If there is a better place for this, please feel free to direct me
I'm getting this error when running the latest script:

Code:
firmware-util.sh: ./firmware.sh: line 127: syntax error: unexpected "(" (expecting "then")

Also is there an easy way to expand the volume (running based on a old OE build and am hitting the partition limit) W/O having a keyboard?

I can't find a keyboard in my house that will allow me to hit ESC and boot from a USB drive.
Hi Matt just a quick question. Someone is selling me a new Microsoft Xbox media remote for like $5. Will this remote work with chromebox with librelec? Should I but it?

Thank you kindly.
(2016-10-04, 03:15)imbored Wrote: It wasn't enterprise after all. It was set for meetings. Got that taken care of w/ CTRL+ALT+H.

Now a whole other host of issues. After a dual boot install of LibreElec/ChromeOS.

1. ChromeOS won't play audio over HDMI.
2. Netflix won't stream in HD either.
3. LibreElec won't boot. Stuck at the booting from Hard Disk screen.

HDMI is the selected audio output.
This is going through a receiver.
Audio works over headphones.

I realize that these are separate issues. It just makes for a bothersome troubleshoot when I can't compare(Kodi vs Chrome.)

I've restored to factory and re-ran the script multiple times. There are no errors during install.

Dell Chromebox 3010 i7.

If there is a better place for this, please feel free to direct me

1/2 are unrelated to your dual boot installation. maybe try https://www.reddit/com/chromeos ?
3 - you did the factory reset/recovery process beforehand, and ran the dual boot install 2x as per the instructions?

(2016-10-04, 03:20)GoodOmens Wrote: I'm getting this error when running the latest script:

Code:
firmware-util.sh: ./firmware.sh: line 127: syntax error: unexpected "(" (expecting "then")

Also is there an easy way to expand the volume (running based on a old OE build and am hitting the partition limit) W/O having a keyboard?

I can't find a keyboard in my house that will allow me to hit ESC and boot from a USB drive.

I'm not able to reproduce that error here - are you still getting it now? And no, you need a working keyboard to do computer things with it.

(2016-10-04, 20:51)sunnylovpreet Wrote: Hi Matt just a quick question. Someone is selling me a new Microsoft Xbox media remote for like $5. Will this remote work with chromebox with librelec? Should I but it?

Thank you kindly.

it will work in conjunction with with a compatible IR receiver (MCE IR, flirc [I'm not fan of it though]). If it has the buttons/functions you need and don't mind paying another $15-$20 for the IR receiver then go for it
Right now I am using the RII keyboard remote which has a ir receiver. Will that receiver work with this remote or I would need to buy the one you are saying?
(2016-10-04, 21:17)sunnylovpreet Wrote: Right now I am using the RII keyboard remote which has a ir receiver. Will that receiver work with this remote or I would need to buy the one you are saying?

I doubt that's using IR, it's most likely RF like every other non-BT wireless keyboard/mouse. So yes, you'd still need an IR receiver which supports the same protocol (RC6) used by the Xbox media remote. I'd probably opt for a BT-based remote (FireTV remote, PS3/4 BT remote) as they're a F-ton faster in terms of button response
Thank you kindly Matt you are awesome. Appreciate it.
Hey Matt I also have this below mentioned remote with a sensor that I bought from amazon. Will this one support the Xbox media remote?

Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
@sunnylovpreet more info needed, do you have a picture or something?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ortek VRC-1100 it's this remote that I got from amazon
OK so I guess you didn't bother to look in the wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/VRC-1100
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-05, 10:15)nickr Wrote: OK so I guess you didn't bother to look in the wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/VRC-1100
or the Chromebox wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox
All standalone:

Matt: I just updated the firmware on my Asus, no problems.
Then did an update on my HP, it now just gives a blank screen through my hdmi switch (which goes to my Pioneer plasma) It works fine if I connect it to my pc monitor. Also works if connected directly to the plasma. (Although doesn't seem to come farther than grub atm)

Any obvious reasons why that is so?

Edit: this happens when I booted with partmagic on my plasma: http://i67.tinypic.com/5d6lgp.jpg (upside down pic, sorry)
This is in 32bit mode, 64bit mode happens to work fine.

Edit2: after a reflash, partmagic works fine in both 32 and 64bit, Kodibuntu boots without getting stuck on grub, but I don't get a picture through my hdmi switch, only when connected directly to my display. I do use the headless firmware, but that shouldn't matter, and my Asus works fine.

edit3: Exchanged the HDMI cable, works fine now. I vaguely remember someone else had the same problem when updating the firmware..any reason why the Chromebox is more sensitive to cable issues now, and why it only is a problem with the HP?
  • 474(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37