• 11(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Lucky guys 0 Stock in all the Walmart around meNo
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I just want something that has a decent remote and can do the basic things, sorta like the OSMC remote. Tried the harmony route, just could never figure it all out. Using a x360 hddvd remote I had in with my vid game console stash, works, but to many buttons and a real pain to use. If the Mi Box works out, giving up on the NUC/remote headache. My next thing would be Wetek Core and Shield.
No sure if already mentioned in this thread. Just pumping out information. There is a System Update already so when you get your box, run the updater.
I just picked up my Mi Box and haven been trying alot of different mkv files and they all play great with Kodi. I have a question though surrounding whether this box will ever playback DTS TrueHD audio using Kodi, or anything greater than DTS Surround? DTS Surround is the only audio I can get this thing to play through my receiver.
(2016-10-07, 14:01)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2016-10-07, 07:40)zival Wrote: Including ethernet port means add a minimal cost and develop a android driver, cause native Android has not any ethernet driver at all, I think this choice is a mix between marketing (cost) and technical (sw development)...

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

(2016-10-07, 11:06)joalin Wrote: I agree with the above. Note that Xiaomi is aiming an international market, not mainly the US. Also, the target is probably more sensitive for the price tag. If not sensitive, go for the Nvidia Shield. In many countries, you don't have the history of ethernet cables like we have. There, you mainly have a wireless router. With Wireless ac you don't necessarily need a cable, and, as said earlier, you may use a usb/rj45 adapter.

So you can stream bluray rips and 4k content over wifi with no hiccups? with other stuff on your wifi? Also there are other devices at half the price of the Shield that have a ethernet port.

No, at least not without mimo, but you miss the point. From what we have seen the MI box doesn't handle this with local media either. They're aiming for people who would like the Android TV experience, but that probably doesn't care much about quality above 1080 P. Like me. What is your point?
Just got one from Walmart,what a hustle,sales person told me that they don't sell it and they don't have it in stock.
Found it myself underneath a lock Phone cabinet.Blush
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-10-08, 00:27)movie78 Wrote: Just got one from Walmart,what a hustle,sales person they don't sell it and they don't it in stock.
Found it myself underneath a lock Phone cabinet.Blush

Not surprised. Whenever I have asked anyone from Walmart where I can find an item I never get help.
Mi box will not support HD audio passthrough?
Dealbraker for me...
RJ45...ok, i have ac router or I could try a usb to rj45 , but no hd ... no man, I´m out!
Wal-Mart sucks a**! Aargh! Ordered online, got notification it was ready for pick-up, go to store and they don't have it ready. They find it still in a box in back after 30mins, but have trouble "releasing" the item to give me (even though it's already paid for). Another hour later, they tell me they're still having trouble. They tell me to buy it separately, and call Wal-Mart.com's 800-# to cancel original order. Now on hold with them for 30 mins trying to cancel.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-10-08, 01:21)hdmkv Wrote: Wal-Mart sucks a**! Aargh! Ordered online, got notification it was ready for pick-up, go to store and they don't have it ready. They find it still in a box in back after 30mins, but have trouble "releasing" the item to give me (even though it's already paid for). Another hour later, they tell me they're still having trouble. They tell me to buy it separately, and call Wal-Mart.com's 800-# to cancel original order. Now on hold with them for 30 mins trying to cancel.

Damn, that is worst than what i experience..
Don't get excited... Mi Box (in its present state) is a POS...

Tried SPMC and Kodi 17 beta 3...
- No 23.976
- No MPEG2 deinterlacing
- No HD audio
- No 3D MVC

... and sluggish. My Nexus Player seems like a rabbit compared to this turtle!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-10-08, 03:15)hdmkv Wrote: Don't get excited... Mi Box (in its present state) is a POS...

- No 23.976
- No MPEG2 deinterlacing
- No HD audio
- No 3D MVC

For those simply looking for a Netflix (in HD and surround sound) with Kodi all in one box, this is a pretty good box. Anyone looking for HD audio would be better served by the Nvidia Shield TV.
As Lon said in his video review, "remember the nVIDIA Shield did not have a bunch of features working with Kodi the day of release either"
So I suggest before everyone get too excited, they look at that review again.

Lon Seidman's review:

I also recall reading somewhere that HDR10 (CNet in may have been) will come in a future firmware update as well.

Believe you me, WeTek, MINIX and the AMLogic LibreELEC guys along with Koying know how much hard work has to be put into AMLogic Firmware to bring it up to speed on any Android Box, let alone a Google licenced - Android TV OS device. This is very new territory for Xiaomi and AMLogic themselves.

(2016-10-08, 03:15)hdmkv Wrote: - No HD audio
To be fair Xiaomi never claimed HD audio decoding. The description on their website says "DTS multichannel HD audio encoding" Wink . That said, I was really looking forward to playing my Ultra HD Blu-rays on it Wink

Looks like I can save myself the trouble of going to a Walmart to get this box. I haven't bought any new toy for a while now. This makes me think whether I should get the X9S Undecided
(2016-10-08, 03:15)hdmkv Wrote: Don't get excited... Mi Box (in its present state) is a POS...

- No 23.976
- No MPEG2 deinterlacing
- No HD audio
- No 3D MVC

Thanks!

Might not open it and take back to Walmart,damn I was hoping this good,don't care too much about HD Audio as I am using this with soundbar,what about 4K HDR playback?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21