• 14(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Hi
Any chance of updating Tidal for Krypton It fetches all the files but will not play them, works fine in Jarvis.

Installed on OSX
(2016-09-26, 20:14)dj640 Wrote: Hi
Any chance of updating Tidal for Krypton It fetches all the files but will not play them, works fine in Jarvis.

Installed on OSX

It will play FLAC just fine for me on Krypton, but no go for mp3. Spotify for KODI has the same issue and the author says it is Kodi related so they need to fix it. I'm not sure about details.
(2016-08-26, 22:46)arneson Wrote: Hello everybody !

I think, my version of the TIDAL Addon is ready to use.
You can download it from https://github.com/arnesongit/kodi-tidal

The main new features are:
- Music Video Support
- Complete Favorites and User Playlist Handling
- Colored Item Labels to indicate Favorites and User Playlist members
- German Translation
- Trial Mode (plays 30 seconds of each title/video when not logged in, no subscription needed)
- Shortcut functions to use as Actions in keyboard.xml or remote.xml

A complete changelog can be viewed here:
https://github.com/arnesongit/kodi-tidal...ngelog.txt

To update the addon manually, you have to replace the content of the addon folder
plugin.audio.wimp with my files.

It would be nice, if takoi make this version the Version 2.0.0 of this addon
and integrate it into the official Kodi Repository.

Have a lot of fun ...
arneson

Arneson

Thanks ever so much for your release. I have been having so much trouble trying to get the v1.2.2 working for weeks now as I thought this was the only version out there. Fraught with login failure and refusal to play some lossless tracks when others work fine.

Then reading through this forum and finding your post, I was delighted to find that after installation, I was amazed to see the massive change and increase in functionality> not to mention I can now login and play all tracks. I use Kodi Jarvis 16.1 on PC with CCM Helix skin and all works perfectly fine for me.

Again, thanks ever so much for all your effort. I have now set your Github fork on watch and look forward to future releases if you do anymore work on this project.

I am a software developer but don't have any experience with Python code. However, If you would like to use me as a Guinea pig for testing any new features or confirmation of bug fixing then feel free to messagee me.
Arneson,

I've been using your newest version for a little while now too. It's been very stable for me and works well. If I do notice any issues I'll be sure to pass them on to you. Lots of nice new features that will surely make their way into the official version.

Big thanks to you and Takoi. I've used both versions for endless hours. I listen to a lot of Tidal.
I just built a dedicated Tidal server using Raspberry Pi 3B, Meridian explorer 2 DAC, and loaded OSMC/Kodi v16.1. I loaded the Tidal addon adjusted appropriate settings and I must say I am very impressed with the sound quality, could have listened all night. I do have one issue that does concern me, I cannot search. When I select search and the pick artist I get the following error:

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="plugin://plugin.audio.wimp/search_type/artist";"file_properties"=(thumbnail);media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=none;order=ascending;};}

I should also mention I am accessing the server using the Official Kodi Remote on an IPAD2.

Hopefully there is a resolution or maybe I did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
(2016-10-21, 15:32)Netmaskss Wrote: I just built a dedicated Tidal server using Raspberry Pi 3B, Meridian explorer 2 DAC, and loaded OSMC/Kodi v16.1. I loaded the Tidal addon adjusted appropriate settings and I must say I am very impressed with the sound quality, could have listened all night. I do have one issue that does concern me, I cannot search. When I select search and the pick artist I get the following error:

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="plugin://plugin.audio.wimp/search_type/artist";"file_properties"=(thumbnail);media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=none;order=ascending;};}

I should also mention I am accessing the server using the Official Kodi Remote on an IPAD2.

Hopefully there is a resolution or maybe I did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Netmaskss

I'm not sure this helps but all search functionality works fine with my Tidal Add-on from latest Arneson fork (v1.3.0 beta 4) although this is on a windows platform. I hope this at least helps to demonstrate that your issue may be more platform related instead of an add-on or Kodi version related issue.

All 5x search functions have been tested...

- Artists
- Album
- Playlists
- Tracks
- Videos

Steve
I decided for a proper test I would try search directly from the server and not the remote. Tidal search works fine when I am connected directly to the server. Seems to be the remote software. Sorry for the confusion.
Hi all, has anyone had any issues with the Takoi Tidal addon working over the past week? My configuration has not changed, but now when I open the addon it takes me to the login screen. When i click on login it momentarily indicates that it's working, but then returns to the login screen.

I'm using Kodi 16.1

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing.

Any ideas what could be up?
I believe the token from that version no longer works. You can try the new version that Arneson has been working on or I believe someone posted another token a while back that you can replace yours with or some help to get a valid token.

Arneson, the only issue I've noticed with your version is with the search function. When you click on an album to look in it, then when you try to go back to the list of albums you were previously on, it takes you to search again instead of the list of albums. Other than that tiny kink everything has been working great for me. Thanks again
(2016-10-27, 20:47)albertstroh77 Wrote: I believe the token from that version no longer works. You can try the new version that Arneson has been working on or I believe someone posted another token a while back that you can replace yours with or some help to get a valid token

Is the new version available to install via a repository from within Kodi?

I'm not too sure what tokens are or how to go about replacing one to be honest!

Edit: although I see from the previous page that lossless streaming seems to be down? Having changed the quality to High in the configuration I can now login again, but if i change quality back to Lossless streaming fails.
_fdc_

You can download the version discussed by way of Arneson's Github: https://github.com/arnesongit/kodi-tidal

Use the green "Clone or Download" button and select "Download ZIP"

Save the zip file to a location that can easily be via Kodi and install the add-on by using the 'Install from ZIP file' option in the Add-on Browser of Kodi.

I believe a token is something that a developer requests from Tidal in order for the Add-on to access from their API. In any event the current version from Arneson works.

Hope this helps.
(2016-11-01, 01:20)Steve100 Wrote: _fdc_

You can download the version discussed by way of Arneson's Github: https://github.com/arnesongit/kodi-tidal

Use the green "Clone or Download" button and select "Download ZIP"

Save the zip file to a location that can easily be via Kodi and install the add-on by using the 'Install from ZIP file' option in the Add-on Browser of Kodi.

I believe a token is something that a developer requests from Tidal in order for the Add-on to access from their API. In any event the current version from Arneson works.

Hope this helps.

Hello Steve100,

nice to hear that my modified TIDAL Addon has some fans.

My modified version uses the offical plugin folder "plugin.audio.wimp", so the next update of the official addon may overwrite my version.
So I decided to make a new fork and give it the new name "plugin.audio.tidal2".

This version can be found in my github folder https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...dio.tidal2
The developer branch is here: https://github.com/arnesongit/plugin.audio.tidal2

The actual version is V2.0.0-beta6. You can download it here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-beta6.zip
Use "Install from ZIP" to install it. It appears as Addon TIDAL2.

This version has some new features, like colored labels. See the Changelog https://github.com/arnesongit/plugin.aud...ngelog.txt

Feel free to test it ...
arneson
(2016-11-02, 00:25)arneson Wrote: Hello Steve100,

nice to hear that my modified TIDAL Addon has some fans.

My modified version uses the offical plugin folder "plugin.audio.wimp", so the next update of the official addon may overwrite my version.
So I decided to make a new fork and give it the new name "plugin.audio.tidal2".

This version can be found in my github folder https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...dio.tidal2
The developer branch is here: https://github.com/arnesongit/plugin.audio.tidal2

The actual version is V2.0.0-beta6. You can download it here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-beta6.zip
Use "Install from ZIP" to install it. It appears as Addon TIDAL2.

This version has some new features, like colored labels. See the Changelog https://github.com/arnesongit/plugin.aud...ngelog.txt

Feel free to test it ...
arneson

arneson,

i have some questions, sadly i'm not able to send you private messages for some reason.
Since you're speaking german, it would be easier for me to do this in german. but this is an english board, so what.

I'm happy that the tidal addon get some attention, i'm listening to tidal only at home.

Anyway, i'm getting error's trying to log in.
and i'm not shure what to fill in that lines:
- Land für Lokale Inhalte
- Eindeutige Geräte-ID

Hope you can help me. I'm stayin @ kodi 15.2 only because the tidal addon didnt work with jarvis ...
(2016-11-09, 21:31)skatefr3ak Wrote: arneson,

i have some questions, sadly i'm not able to send you private messages for some reason.
Since you're speaking german, it would be easier for me to do this in german. but this is an english board, so what.

I'm happy that the tidal addon get some attention, i'm listening to tidal only at home.

- Eindeutige Geräte-ID

Hope you can help me. I'm stayin @ kodi 15.2 only because the tidal addon didnt work with jarvis ...

Hello skatefr3ak,

my addon should work from XBMC 13 to Kodi 17 Beta.
"Land für lokale Inhalte" and "Eindeutige Geräte-ID" will be set automatically on login.
What platform do you use ? I'm using Kodi on a Mac and with LibreELEC 7.

The Addon has some dependent Addons which shouldt be installed.
If you use the "Install from ZIP" Method these addons will be installed automatically.

What kind of login method do you have ?
Do you have a "normal" login name and password for TIDAL or do you use Facebook-Login ?
The Facebook-Login may not work because I can't test this method.
(2016-11-10, 00:34)arneson Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 21:31)skatefr3ak Wrote: arneson,

- Eindeutige Geräte-ID

Hello skatefr3ak,

my addon should work from XBMC 13 to Kodi 17 Beta.
"Land für lokale Inhalte" and "Eindeutige Geräte-ID" will be set automatically on login.
What platform do you use ? I'm using Kodi on a Mac and with LibreELEC 7.

The Addon has some dependent Addons which shouldt be installed.
If you use the "Install from ZIP" Method these addons will be installed automatically.

What kind of login method do you have ?
Do you have a "normal" login name and password for TIDAL or do you use Facebook-Login ?
The Facebook-Login may not work because I can't test this method.

Okay, then i should leave that blank.
I'm using Kodi 15.2 and 16.1 on Win 8.1 Pro
Login through Email-Login and password, like in The "old" addon.
Should or can i get an alias login such as a username instead of ma email dir Login?

Maybe thats The Problem i'm having.

My kodi 15.2 stopped working on my htpc (due to dll Problems), so i'm forced to Update.
But i can't when tidal didn't work. Big Grin

Edit: of course i used "install from zip". And The old Tidal Addon was deleted.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8