v17 Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen
I'm not particularly sure what rectified my issue, whether it was doing the Win 10 Anniversary update (I created a bootable usb from the Windows website prior to the successful attempt, as I believe it is already at build 1607) or other software (mainly games) interfering with Windows/Kodi or the new Kodi nightly.

But Windows 10 AE and AMD are really not playing nice with each other at the moment.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I saw that peoples also have some big issues if they use kodi from the windows store and an AMD card

Seems like there is an issue with some of the latest AMD drivers
They were told to go back to driver 16.7.3 while waiting for a new driver from AMD (16.9.1 and 16.9.2 seems buggy)

Maybe doing the same could help as a lot of you seems to own an AMD card
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-10-12, 14:37)Gracus Wrote: I saw that peoples also have some big issues if they use kodi from the windows store and an AMD card

Seems like there is an issue with some of the latest AMD drivers
They were told to go back to driver 16.7.3 while waiting for a new driver from AMD (16.9.1 and 16.9.2 seems buggy)

Maybe doing the same could help as a lot of you seems to own an AMD card

I'll try that. Keep u posted, thanks.
Seems that the latest WHQL drivers for legacy APU was installed. I tried the latest Crimsom final Beta 16.2 from AMD, this solved the problem..
Must say the 16.2 beta drivers for APU worked better for me, but still no smooth exiting on menu. Set the buffers of the graphic driver from 3 to 2, exiting is going faster. When using the toggle between full screen and a window, still giving problem with adjusting the right resolution. So the problem is unfortunately not solved.
I reinstalled Jarvis 16.1, no problem with black screens on exiting through menu at all, also when switching from full screen to window. So the problem has to be related with kodi 17...Somebody?
@PatK

How can i help to solve the problem?

Knox
http://pastebin.com/ucFKzMrm

Today I installed Krypton Beta4, enabled debug logging. In a couple of seconds I toggled between full screen and window by pressing the backslash. In the end I used the exit menu, and again I got the black screen. When I powertoggle my AV-receiver the desktop turns back. I hope u can help me out with this.

AMD A6 Apu with Radeon HD 7560 graphics, Windows 10 anniversary 64-bit. Installed the latest AMD drivers. Note: When using 16.2 there's no problem at all.
(2016-10-22, 19:12)Knoxville144 Wrote: In a couple of seconds I toggled between full screen and window by pressing the backslash. In the end I used the exit menu, and again I got the black screen. When I powertoggle my AV-receiver the desktop turns back. I hope u can help me out with this.

Hi,
I have the same issue.

My hardware is based on AMD Radeon R7 200. Windows 10. Latest AMD drivers.
You could try this to completely remove any remnants of the AMD Driver and do a fresh install.

I've tried this software with for both green and red teams and it works a treat.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/disp...nload.html
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2016-10-23, 00:15)levi.baker88 Wrote: You could try this to completely remove any remnants of the AMD Driver and do a fresh install.

I've tried this software with for both green and red teams and it works a treat.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/disp...nload.html

Thnx. I tried that. Problem not solved.

First I restarted my HTPC, started Kodi 17 beta 4. The problem seems to be solved, tried toggle screen with backslash and exiting with menu. But after the HTPC is switched on/off (hibernation) the problem is back again. Maybe hibernation is the problem? I will try more..

knox
Ok,
I have installed latest Kodi nightly build (KodiSetup-20161022-cf08208-master.exe). So far I havent experienced the exit menu issue. But it needs some more testing.

I am on AMD Crimson 16.10.2 driver.

update nr 1:
some further testing and it seems the issue (Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen with black screen) had gone away in my case.
Hi,

I did some more testing. I have installed the latest official Kodi 17 beta 4. Installed the latest official drivers from AMD for APU A6-5400K (7560 HD RADEON).

Still exiting on menu doesn't go smoothly all the times, also toggling between full screen and window. What to do now? Is there going to be a solution for this, because the issue is Kodi 17 krypton related.
It might be a huge pain in the butt, but a fresh install of Windows may help. At least it will completely rule out one variable.
I have blank screen problem after beta 3. When I click exit Kodi seems saving something and blank screen, can't do ctrl Alt Del have to hard reset.

Finally have to reverse back to beta 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to exit through Menu in Full Screen2