Video and Audio problems all gone (or not) (updated)
Well this is strange my Video "stutter" and Audio "stutter" problems have all gone away, my log has no warnings or errors
about it either, just constant errors about my favourites.xml
but that was my own doing, i deleted my favourites.xml and made a text files renamed it to favourites.xml
but forgot to edit the file and add <favourites>
</favourites>
I have only changed 2 things
1. del the favourites.xml made a new
2.I cleaned my settings skin file for any ref to 1 addon which is now a NO NO.

Strange but i aint complaining, lets hope it last.
Still was strange to see my log file having no entry's about either video or audio problem, only errors in there was about the favourites.xml nothing else.
I know its a bit off topic but i thought i would share my Joy, with you guys that it seems my troubles are over.

Thank you
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Sharing a joy without a Debug Log is limited joy.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Point Taken, but since i cleaned the xml in notepad++
And my plan was to do a "clean install" i could have missed a ref, to a now NO NO
I do not know how the debug.log posting works, if its view able to the "public" or just the "Team"
So posting a debug.log and finding out i missed a ref to a now NO NO, would be like putting a noose around my neck,
Fasten it to the Golden Gate Bridge, jumping of and hope for the best.
No once i done a "clean install" and everything still works, i will be happy to post it.

quick note
Thank you Team for Beta4 and thx Dave for the -p
Excellent work Guys, your best yet, only 2 small problems but i think they are related to the fact i am running it as Portal
on a dif HD. and not my SSD.
but ill yank out a spare ssd from another pc or try using my NAS.
Because the HD i use for the portal Version "17 beta4" has seen better days, and needs to be replaced soon.
So fritsch, when i have installed 16.1 "clean" and my Video/Audio "stutter" does not come back i will certainly post a debug.log
So you can share my Joy.
Thank You
And may the Gods smile on Team Kodi and bring them lots of mammon, to keep up the good work.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Banned add-ons
I removed the text was unaware some of the text, would get me in trouble
because it Violates US law
Banned add-ons
Also question about submitting debug.log i let mine run for some time and it has about 7400 lines and is big,
Since i have a 500/500 Mb IC i have no problems in uploading.
But can't seem to find the info regarding uploading debug.log its prob in front of my nose, but if i could give me the basic it would help me and ofc you
Thank you
and it was in fritsch reply sry missed it was also a link thx
Banned add-ons
Moved this to new thread because i am confused about this
Banned add-ons
Can you summarize the current issue and propose some next steps in a milestone plan way?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-10-27, 18:41)fritsch Wrote: Can you summarize the current issue and propose some next steps in a milestone plan way?
Probably but my hate mail inbox is full.
Well the only issue i have with Beta4 is the RC direction keys are jerky
skip back and forth works strange instead of instant the duration bar will show 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and it never skips 10 sec always 9 or under

That was hurtful. I wish I was a fish tank, then I could filter out nasty words. Big Grin
Banned add-ons
I cannot follow, sorry.
nm neither can i but i have this in the log
WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '1 hrs. 12 mins.' as 1 minutes
I do not know if its related to why when i use skip i can see it count up on the duration bar
in 16.1 it was instant or about instant
now in beta4 i can see the video duration counting up sec by sec so a command that should take a blink of an eye last 9 sec
when i use skip ahead 10 sec
Banned add-ons
Okay - cannot reproduce. We need to get your issue solved in a more professional way, go to: trac.kodi.tv and file a bug and add all the relevant information that is needed to fix it. That way you are added into our global bugtracking system and your bug won't get forgotten.
Thank you Fritsch will do.
I will run a full debug.log now.
I am using beta4 in portal mode so could be related to that.
But ill install it on my ssd "normal" just need to rename 16.1 first, and see if the error persist because there are also buffer limit errors, in the log but viewing Live streams i see no "stutter" it just plays nicely.
Thank you for caring.

I better get that silver spoon out of my a.. now Big Grin
Banned add-ons
Well my skip was related to using portal, but there is still some video buffering and errors regarding addon folder cannot be found.
I made a debug.log but am reluctant, to post it on pastebin because i found out that my credentials for the My Movies scraper where clear to see i had to edit the debug.log and remove my password for My Movies, and since the log got big i might have missed something else.
I know ofc what the next person who reply's will write, and i fully understand that.
I do not want to seem like an a..hole, so if any Team kodi want's it i will be more then happy to comply.
But uploading it on a public site with my credentials for a program i own showing (if i missed some) is not an option.

Let the flaming commence
sry i have a headache from going through 15.000 lines or more
Thank you
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video and Audio problems all gone (or not) (updated)0