• 12(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
Just a little thing that could be improved about the progress bar. When you hit enter everything is fine about it the progress bar is in color and the cache in grey like you can see on this screenshot : Image

But when you hit I key it s hard to tell the difference between progress bar and cache because instead of being grey the cache is in the same color just a little bit lighter as you can see on this screenshot : Image
(2016-11-28, 18:32)braz Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 15:44)willemd Wrote: OK!

I tried v5 on my test machine. Is it by design that in the vertical home screen menu, there are 4 instead of 5 positions for the menu items? I have set up 5 items, and in v4 they're all in a row on the screen, but with v5 I get 4 and a scroll indicator.
Are you talking about the menu items or widgets? If widgets, yes it's by design and most widgets display 25 items.

Well, I'll explain with pictures. Smile

This is my HTPC with Mimic v4: http://imgur.com/a/XEw0m
I have 5 home screen menu positions.

This is on my desktop with Mimic v5: http://imgur.com/a/YWlqz
Here I have 4 positions and an arrow that indicates there more when I scroll to the right.

I was wondering whether that's by design, because I much prefer the version with more on screen (especially because there's no scrolling needed with v4.)

Now that I'm making these screenshots, I wonder if the monitors may have something to do with it? My v4 runs on 1920x1080, the v5 runs on 1920x1200. Maybe the skins 'thinks' that because my desktop machine has a 16:10 screen, that somehow the width would be reduced??)
(2016-11-28, 21:11)willemd Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 18:32)braz Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 15:44)willemd Wrote: OK!

I tried v5 on my test machine. Is it by design that in the vertical home screen menu, there are 4 instead of 5 positions for the menu items? I have set up 5 items, and in v4 they're all in a row on the screen, but with v5 I get 4 and a scroll indicator.
Are you talking about the menu items or widgets? If widgets, yes it's by design and most widgets display 25 items.

Well, I'll explain with pictures. Smile

This is my HTPC with Mimic v4: http://imgur.com/a/XEw0m
I have 5 home screen menu positions.

This is on my desktop with Mimic v5: http://imgur.com/a/YWlqz
Here I have 4 positions and an arrow that indicates there more when I scroll to the right.

I was wondering whether that's by design, because I much prefer the version with more on screen (especially because there's no scrolling needed with v4.)

Now that I'm making these screenshots, I wonder if the monitors may have something to do with it? My v4 runs on 1920x1080, the v5 runs on 1920x1200. Maybe the skins 'thinks' that because my desktop machine has a 16:10 screen, that somehow the width would be reduced??)
Ah, you said vertical menu, but that is the horizontal one. Yes, that is by design, there are only 4 visible menu items now, to accommodate longer labels.
(2016-11-28, 20:39)mac1202 Wrote: Just a little thing that could be improved about the progress bar. When you hit enter everything is fine about it the progress bar is in color and the cache in grey like you can see on this screenshot :

But when you hit I key it s hard to tell the difference between progress bar and cache because instead of being grey the cache is in the same color just a little bit lighter as you can see on this screenshot :
Fixed on github, thanks for reporting.
hey braz

hope all is well, just wondering which github branch you are using no to push your latest changes. Kodi18 or has it all merged into master now?

sorry if I missed the post... just wasn't sure which branch download for updates?
(2016-11-29, 02:10)stueeey Wrote: hey braz

hope all is well, just wondering which github branch you are using no to push your latest changes. Kodi18 or has it all merged into master now?

sorry if I missed the post... just wasn't sure which branch download for updates?
I'm going to release Mimic 5 for Kodi 17 now, so the master branch is now Mimic 5 and where I'm pushing my latest changes. The kodi18 branch is gone and the old Mimic 4 is now in the krypton_v4 branch. I was originally going to keep Mimic 4 around for one more release cycle, but it's getting too difficult to keep it up to date and it's falling behind.
(2016-11-29, 02:17)braz Wrote:
(2016-11-29, 02:10)stueeey Wrote: hey braz

I'm going to release Mimic 5 for Kodi 17 now, so the master branch is now Mimic 5 and where I'm pushing my latest changes. The kodi18 branch is gone and the old Mimic 4 is now in the krypton_v4 branch. I was originally going to keep Mimic 4 around for one more release cycle, but it's getting too difficult to keep it up to date and it's falling behind.

cheers braz,

I've been using the kodi18 branch for the last few months with the vertical menu works great no troubles. love the new rounded edges by the way.

FYI: using 'croneters' PKC (PlexKodiConnect) also works great.

good luck with the migration!
Amazing skin! Thank you for your hard work.
(2016-11-28, 21:41)braz Wrote: Ah, you said vertical menu, but that is the horizontal one. Yes, that is by design, there are only 4 visible menu items now, to accommodate longer labels.
Oops, you're right, my bad. But okay, thanks!
On latest version I can no longer set view indicator for resume and watched to yes. The only one that can be toggled is not watched Image

Another thing don't know if it's related to mimic or new skin helper service, but the PVR channel widget doesnt refresh the epg info.
Just installed this skin after seeing you mention it on Music Support thread. Looks quite good for music, How do I know if I'm using your latest version (I just installed from the get more skins button in the settings)

How do I close Kodi down when using your skin I dont see a power icon
(2016-11-29, 15:55)mac1202 Wrote: On latest version I can no longer set view indicator for resume and watched to yes. The only one that can be toggled is not watched Image

Another thing don't know if it's related to mimic or new skin helper service, but the PVR channel widget doesnt refresh the epg info.
I changed the logic so resume and watched icons will be on by default. Looks like I need to also change the skin setting name so users don't get locked out when upgrading.

Update: Pushed a fix to github so this shouldn't happen for anyone else when upgrading.
(2016-11-29, 18:42)tkgafs Wrote: Just installed this skin after seeing you mention it on Music Support thread. Looks quite good for music, How do I know if I'm using your latest version (I just installed from the get more skins button in the settings)

How do I close Kodi down when using your skin I dont see a power icon
The latest changes are only available on GitHub at the moment, meaning you would need to download the zip and manually install.

See first post for the details.

To close, press s on your keyboard. The GitHub version has a sub menu item for the shutdown menu.
Hi braz,

I'm actually moving from mim-ic 4.0.6 to mim-ic 5.0.0 inside current Nightly of Kodi 17. In the first post I saw the screenshot reporting a "Games" menu...is the skin now supporting some games addon (e.g. Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser) or whatelse?

Thanks in advance for any explaination and, as usual, for your amazing work!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-11-30, 00:05)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi braz,

I'm actually moving from mim-ic 4.0.6 to mim-ic 5.0.0 inside current Nightly of Kodi 17. In the first post I saw the screenshot reporting a "Games" menu...is the skin now supporting some games addon (e.g. Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser) or whatelse?

Thanks in advance for any explaination and, as usual, for your amazing work!
Give Advanced Emulation Launcher a try. I have my Windows games setup and a widget pointing to the script's favorites node.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2