• 43(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
why is the default background color greenish blue now not blue (the highlights/logo is still blue), looked better blue background.
It would be really great if selecting the icon for "In progress tv shows" actually started the next episode, instead of taking you to the menu.
What was the rationale for removing the update library icon from home? You have to dig fairly deep to scan for new content. Or am I missing something?
(2016-12-01, 18:20)jmerrilljr Wrote: What was the rationale for removing the update library icon from home?

phil65 Wrote:Not possible with current implementation. I switched to show the library root VFS path instead of a hardcoded menu to make the submenu customizable to some extent.

(2016-12-01, 18:20)jmerrilljr Wrote: You have to dig fairly deep to scan for new content. Or am I missing something?

1. Click on Movies, TV Shows or Music
2. Click left (or up, depending on view) to access blade menu
3. Click "Update library"

There are also other options, such as updating the library on startup. It might also be possible to map an action to a remote button...

Having the "update library" function so easily accessible (inquisitive users etc.) was something that I didn't like in the old skin, so I'm happy it's gone. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Are the "too large" category icons and thumbnails on the homepage a result of adaptive design requirements?
(2016-11-30, 22:47)mazey Wrote: why is the default background color greenish blue now not blue (the highlights/logo is still blue), looked better blue background.

+1
I dont like greenish blue background. =(
Blue background in previous version looks more professional and clean.
------
Not a fan of this progress indicator below the poster =\

I noticed that posters became smaller (main screen) in the current nightly. =(
They look great in previous build on 42' TV
The easily accessible "update library" button was one of the first things the other users of my system missed with the new estuary. I liked it too, because although I have it mapped to a remote button, that button is unfortunately difficult to distinguish among the other small buttons around it.

(2016-12-01, 19:23)jmerrilljr Wrote: Are the "too large" category icons and thumbnails on the homepage a result of adaptive design requirements?

I think they're a result of a decision to make them just as wide as movie posters, episode thumbs, add-on icons, etc., as well as the change to showing a text label beneath each icon instead of the central button description used on v1.

(2016-12-01, 19:37)Shomei Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 22:47)mazey Wrote: why is the default background color greenish blue now not blue (the highlights/logo is still blue), looked better blue background.

+1
I dont like greenish blue background. =(
Blue background in previous version looks more professional and clean.
------
Not a fan of this progress indicator below the poster =\

If you go to Skin Settings > Artwork and change the background pattern to "Type 7", I think it is the pattern that was the previous v2 default.

Unfortunately, the strong vignette of that background image combined with the same effect in the skin itself results in a very, very dim appearance overall. I really miss the vibrant red of estuary v1. It was colorful but still easy enough on the eyes for nighttime viewing.

The new frame-less progress indicator shown beneath the poster is a small change that I like. It might be better if it's only shown when the item is in focus, though. And the half-filled circle icon seems redundant when the movie is already in a line-up titled "In progress movies."

(2016-12-01, 19:59)Shomei Wrote: I noticed that posters became smaller (main screen) in the current nightly. =(

Everything looks exactly the same size to me in the latest nightly. The only change I spot is a bit less padding beneath the Categories label, so everything below it shifted up a few pixels.
When scrolling the movie wall is there any way to enable smooth scrolling? It seems to be jerky.
(2016-11-24, 22:35)mazey Wrote: i wouldnt mind the top icons (genre, etc) to be 1/2 the height they are are a little too big.
I also feel that they take up too much vertical space that would be more valuable to display content. Rather than make the category icons smaller, I suggest eliminating them altogether - using only text labels. I don't feel the icons add anything to the text (and in some cases, I don't even find them illustrative of the category). Text labels only for the categories would be tidy, allow consistent width with the media icons below, and allow more content to be displayed.
(2016-11-27, 00:39)Shomei Wrote: phil65, thanks for the Estuary Next Gen. It looks much better now.

I especially like:
8. "favourites" in the main menu!
+ 100.

The main menu and top row mini icons are now coherent and logical. In my view, v.2 is a big step forward and finally leapfrogs over Confluence, which I found way more usable than Estuary v.1 (even if it was not as pretty).

Great work.
(2016-11-29, 13:14)RMP888 Wrote: this view looks ugly, primitive, like child's crayon representation of the old v1 version, a 480p view of the world.... it is as if the Dev team where in a hurry to take changes that they didn't have time to incorporate the feedback from v1... OCD reaction to feedback? Yet some parts are an improvements.,So like previous beta versions, the Dev team have been good a incorporating feedback and the beta journey is not finished and appreciate their efforts, so looking forward to the refinements as they eventuate
I could not disagree more. V.1 was disjointed, with disconnected interface elements all over the place, illogically organized - a main menu, an overemphasized find feature all alone at the top, a grab bag of icons at the bottom, with no logical connection to each other, and a handful of semi-comprehensible category icons off to the right. It is an engineer's interface, not a user's interface.

V.2 is is a big step forward. It is very well thought out and coherent. Some tweaks may be warranted* but, unlike v.1, I don't see any miscues.

*Minor size adjustments, for instance. I have suggested using text only for the categories, losing the icons, which would allow more room below for content without losing visual coherence.
(2016-12-01, 21:05)_matt_ Wrote: If you go to Skin Settings > Artwork and change the background pattern to "Type 7", I think it is the pattern that was the previous v2 default.

There are only greenish backgrounds there.

(2016-12-01, 21:05)_matt_ Wrote: It might be better if it's only shown when the item is in focus, though.

+1

(2016-12-01, 21:05)_matt_ Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 19:59)Shomei Wrote: I noticed that posters became smaller (main screen) in the current nightly. =(

Everything looks exactly the same size to me in the latest nightly. The only change I spot is a bit less padding beneath the Categories label, so everything below it shifted up a few pixels.

Hmmm, I have compared screenshots and the size is different. I'll check again tomorrow.
(2016-12-02, 00:28)allan87 Wrote: I have suggested using text only for the categories, losing the icons, which would allow more room below for content without losing visual coherence.

Good idea.
(2016-12-02, 01:26)Shomei Wrote:
(2016-12-02, 00:28)allan87 Wrote: I have suggested using text only for the categories, losing the icons, which would allow more room below for content without losing visual coherence.

Good idea.

+2

plus I also agree that almost everything is just a little too big in v2.
the new organisation is spot on in my opinion, but the size makes everything look inappropriately scaled.
I also agree that the green tint is a bit heavy, it would be nice to set its transparency and maybe have a blue option as well, as has already been mentioned.

I thank everyone for their continued efforts!
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9