Ripping CD
Hello everyone, today after a long time I use Kodi, I decided to import in the "Music" section of some of my CD, I was a few hours to try but I did not succeed, but the strangest thing is that Kodi (Krypton 17 beta6) sees my player as a DVD and not CD, in windows is nancy ... I am that I accidentally there are problems with the CD ripping.

Thanks for the help, Mark.
Best advice, don't use Kodi for CD ripping, it's not really what's it's designed to do. There is much more efficient and accurate software out there for your OS of choice.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-12-04, 19:33)Dangelus Wrote: Best advice, don't use Kodi for CD ripping, it's not really what's it's designed to do. There is much more efficient and accurate software out there for your OS of choice.

So why is there an option to rip CDs.

I used it to test rip one of my CDs, it ripped it OK, put it in my target folder and plays OK.

My problem is that I can't get Kodi to add any thumb nails/fanart.

Based on what you have said sounds like I should use something else, so thanks for the warning.
(2016-12-04, 20:05)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 19:33)Dangelus Wrote: Best advice, don't use Kodi for CD ripping, it's not really what's it's designed to do. There is much more efficient and accurate software out there for your OS of choice.

So why is there an option to rip CDs.

I used it to test rip one of my CDs, it ripped it OK, put it in my target folder and plays OK.

My problem is that I can't get Kodi to add any thumb nails/fanart.

Based on what you have said sounds like I should use something else, so thanks for the warning.

It can be done, it just isn't the best tool for the job. Tagging and artwork etc can be a chore hense unless you really have no other option I'd always use a dedicated tool for this.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
My choice is Exact Audio Copy to rip and initially tag. You could also look at EasyTAG for file/album/artist modifications, or Musicbrainz Picard for bulk uploads.

And I think that's the third or fourth time today I've pretty much typed that exact same sentence, so I'll stop now Smile
Thanks for the tips, but the problem is that if I want to listen to a CD with Kodi ... this is impossible ... Kodi sees the ONLY player as a DVD. I just me this problem?

Thanks again for aid, Marco.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ripping CD1