• 15(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
new Intel Apollo Lake NUC Mini PC’s NUC6CAYB soon

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/12/05/f...-released/

with HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60 Hz) with HDMI CEC via MegaChips MCDP2800-BCT DisplayPort 1.2a to HDMI 2.0 Level
Shifter/Protocol Converter

if this is correct it will be my futur minimachine.
I have the Asrock J4205-ITX, through the HDMI 2.0 port I cannot get 3D MVC and HD Audio Passthrough to my receiver and 4K TV as I reported earlier in the thread.

I plugged an old ATI DVI to HDMI adaptor into the MB and my HDMI to HDMI lead from the DVI adaptor to Marantz NR1606 receiver, at first I got no audio but this returned after installing the Realtek Audio driver from the Driver Disk, I now get:

4K 30hz
HD audio passthrough (DVI to HDMI Receiver)
3D MVC it auto switches to 1080p 3D 24Hz on my LG TV)

So effectively what you would expect from HDMI 1.4b, so if like me if you are not bothered with 4K 60hz and 10 bit at the minute, then this is the way to go until the DP-HDMI chip is patched.

NVidia and ATI graphics have been able to pass audio through DVI connection for quite a while, I have the Realtek audio driver installed from the Asrock Disk, and the audio is still through 'WASAPI - Intel Display Audio' in Kodi.

I now have a excellent 21TB NAS, and Kodi on the same machine using 18 Watts and 38 watts with all disks spinning (which is rare with Stablebit Drivepool/SnapRAID), J4205-ITX NAS/Kodi Build, very happy.

DVI to HDMI adaptor is similar to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LRSCPMO, the one I used came with an ATI graphics card.

@flyingernst, Are your TV and Beamer 1080P 1.4b devices, maybe this allows the HDMI on the MB to bypass the DP-HDMI 2.0 chip, which is could be why you are getting 3D and HD Audio passthrough on your HDMI in Windows 10, just a thought.
Tne new Intel NUCs are out with Apollo Lake.

For the nerds: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20She...asheet.pdf the DP to HDMI bridge (one wants to search for HDR).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-05, 23:23)fritsch Wrote: Tne new Intel NUCs are out with Apollo Lake.

For the nerds: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20She...asheet.pdf the DP to HDMI bridge (one wants to search for HDR).

Quote:Features
• DisplayPort® (DP) ver. 1.2a receiver
– Link rate HBR2/HBR/RBR
– 1, 2, or 4 lanes configuration
– AUX CH 1 Mbps, HPD out
– Supports eDP ASSR scrambler operation
• HDMI ver. 2.0 transmitter
– Max data rate up to 6.0 Gbps/ch
– Deep color up to 16 bits per color
– 3D video timings, CEC, HPD in
Supports High Dynamic Range (HDR)
– Supports scrambling for the higher data
rate

Great News!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Beamer and tv are HDMI 1.4 yes.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Isn't this the same DP-HDMI chip in the J4205-ITX mentioned earlier in this forum by @piotrasd?, this does not seem to be able to do 3D MVC or passthough HD Audio when plugged into a 4K device (passthrough on receiver). Hopefully being in an Intel box might get it fixed sooner rather than later if there is an issue.
It is a Firmware Problem of the Chip and they are working on it. There will come a BIOS Update as i heared. Is it a fact that All HDMI 2.0-TV owners have this Problem?! Wow, thats nuts....good. so I will Order some Old Adapters for my costumers....Is this also the Cause for the libreelec hd Audio Problem?!

Ha, I get nuts. Hd Audio Works on Apollo Lake in libreelec as Long you use an dvi to HDMI Adapter. Windows Works as it used to before switching to the dvi-hdmi Adapter. You Just have to reconfigurate the Output settings in KODi and libreelec. If you have HDMI 1.4 tv, you loose nothing. If you have a HDMI 2 tv, you only loose 50 and 60hz 4k, which is very rare at the moment

@ flyingernst - That's great that the DVI to HDMI adaptor fixes the HD Audio Passthough in LibreElec too.

I played a 4K 24Hz 8bit demo (Samsung Dubai) to test and it played fine on 4K TV, you loose 10 bit HDR, as well as 50 and 60 Hz. That is the only 4k material I have on Kodi. I normally watch 4k on UHD Bluray and Netflix, so I can wait for Intel to catch up.
Well I guess all J4205-ITX Users have this problem. Can you point me to a link where they are working on the fix for hd audio via the dp -> hdmi 2.0 converter chip? Apollo Lake NUCs will also be affected I guess.
I think piotrasd told me

It looks like piotrasd posted the ticket to fix on the Libreelec site, I don't think they will be able to fix it if it is an issue with the chip. A request needs to be sent to the chip manufacturer for Intel to implement into the graphics driver update.

Well, I read the documentation, find the chip in the motherboard and I think the Asrock J4205 has the same chip as new Intel NUC.

The Asrock use MCDP2800BC chip.

Good news, bad news

Good news, same features for J4205 --> HDR, (CEC??)

Bad News for Intel NUC at the moment, same problem as Asrock J4205 (no passthough yet, etc)
@elrik - At least there is some sort of workaround for HD Audio passthrough with the Asrock J4205-ITX as it has the DVI (DVI to HDMI as I mentioned earlier in the thread), the problem with the NUC is that there is no DVI just the HDMI 2.0 (with the issue) and a VGA socket.
(2016-12-06, 00:08)movie78 Wrote:

Quote:Features
• DisplayPort® (DP) ver. 1.2a receiver
– Link rate HBR2/HBR/RBR
– 1, 2, or 4 lanes configuration
– AUX CH 1 Mbps, HPD out
– Supports eDP ASSR scrambler operation
• HDMI ver. 2.0 transmitter
– Max data rate up to 6.0 Gbps/ch
– Deep color up to 16 bits per color
– 3D video timings, CEC, HPD in
Supports High Dynamic Range (HDR)
– Supports scrambling for the higher data
rate

Great News!!!

That really is good news. Smile
I had almost given up and thought that only Kaby Lake supports HDR.

(2016-12-06, 03:30)elrik Wrote: Well, I read the documentation, find the chip in the motherboard and I think the Asrock J4205 has the same chip as new Intel NUC.

The Asrock use MCDP2800BC chip.

Does anyone know if the J3455 uses that same chip as well?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9