[split] Passthrough Changes with v17
(2016-12-06, 23:00)fritsch Wrote: Good. Then second vendor support: check. (I hope you also checked the AVR display + the actual sound it made)

...you bet; there's a reason this isn't out yet . Still in test phase.
that's the screen - not the AVR :-)So again: Can you hear the TrueHD sound correctly?

Edit: This screenshot is not from Android. I see Yadif deinterlacer and sw decoding with minimal CPU load. Is that a fake?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Why is the video in software decoding as well?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-12-06, 23:36)fritsch Wrote: that's the screen - not the AVR :-)So again: Can you hear the TrueHD sound correctly?

Edit: This screenshot is not from Android. I see Yadif deinterlacer and sw decoding with minimal CPU load. Is that a fake?

WOW.

... that's the second time on this forum I've had a dev(s) accuse me of faking something.

First time was H265. Now this.

You should understand that in testing some things are done and exist outside of normal and expected convention. I'm testing various things at once, and what you notice is expected (on my end).

Initially I thought to just go ahead and post screenshots with EGL/surface rendering. But now, what's the point?

Have a good one.
This screenshot is not droid and an accuse does not end with a "?". Your reply instead has no such thing :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-06, 23:58)fritsch Wrote: This screenshot is not droid and an accuse does not end with a "?". Your reply instead has no such thing :-)

...at this point you'll say this is fake, too

As to cpu usage, if either of you bothered to properly inquire, you'd have learned that I run my own internal RK3368 builds with modded cpu code that enables true octa-core processing; that as well as other firmware specific variables make my use case and environment unique to me, for the moment. You've insinuated a malicious dupe or fake is the explanation for what you see, without cause.

I'll leave further testing and feedback to users more agreeable to the Kodi team.

I've been exposed. #RussiaMadeMeDoIt
(2016-12-07, 00:14)shomari Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 23:58)fritsch Wrote: This screenshot is not droid and an accuse does not end with a "?". Your reply instead has no such thing :-)

As to cpu usage, if either of you bothered to properly inquire, you'd have learned that I run my own internal RK3368 builds with modded cpu code that enables true octa-core processing; that as well as other firmware specific variables make my use case and environment unique to me, for the moment. You've insinuated a malicious dupe or fake is the explanation for what you see, without cause.

I'll leave further testing and feedback to users more agreeable to the Kodi team.

My dear friend and poster. If you are asked four times if that code, which was merged into kodi's master branch would be working properly and then you post a screenshot clearly showing features NOT in our code and then someone asks: What is this? Is this a fake? and feel accused - then sorry I cannot remove that feeling.

This thread here has absolutely nothing to do with SPMC which ports some yadif / HQ scalers whatever code into this non-official version.

And concerning the "properly inquire": It is you NOT posting complete debuglogs. Posting screenshots with a totally unrelated versions in this official kodi development thread, while asked three times for results with our official code, is confusing and totall off topic. I will now ask the moderators to split out this discussion into a separate thread as vendors searching for kodi support on their device might feel unwanted in such an atmosphere.

And that one here is for your "true octo-core":
(2016-12-07, 08:28)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-12-07, 00:14)shomari Wrote:

My dear friend and poster. If you are asked four times if that code, which was merged into kodi's master branch would be working properly and then you post a screenshot clearly showing features NOT in our code and then someone asks: What is this? Is this a fake? and feel accused - then sorry I cannot remove that feeling.

This thread here has absolutely nothing to do with SPMC which ports some yadif / HQ scalers whatever code into this non-official version.

And concerning the "properly inquire": It is you NOT posting complete debuglogs. Posting screenshots with a totally unrelated versions in this official kodi development thread, while asked three times for results with our official code, is confusing and totall off topic. I will now ask the moderators to split out this discussion into a separate thread as vendors searching for kodi support on their device might feel unwanted in such an atmosphere.

And that one here is for your "true octo-core":

That's more for you to take note of, not me. Dealing with devs, I expected you to at least have a summary understanding of what your code does on certain platforms - ie. your rousing suspicion about ffmpeg/sw for example was a simple matter of having only mediacodec/s and launching the video while the player window itself was not in focus - thus it defaults to sw video decode. No conspiracy.

And what of your patronizing 'dear friend' language and parsing of what my cpu cores are doing and why; I know full well the state of my machine but just WTF does it have to do with audio rendering in Kodi other than you constantly picking at it in the most obtuse of fashions? All I asked was what audio would one expect to get given the logic of the debug output.

First you said it wasn't an Android device with zero basis and no justification.

Now you cede and errantly claim it's running SPMC - you're wrong again. As to debug logs, I have no issue to debug here, other than perhaps that of your bewildering antagonism. My initial question was posed with brevity and in a most unassuming manner, partly because I don't give a muthafuck about pt audio on these boxes, truth be told, let alone enough to bootleg a patchwork of fables ostensibly posted to rile up a band of techno-malcontents.

And again - you didn't ask anything. You made ridiculous claims and flat out accused me of duping images as if one would care to engage in such infantile nonsense with you.

For finality, it's Kodi master, not SPMC. Do as you wish with my posts. Fair to say I'm ditching this forum, I have zero desire to endure this passive aggressive egomania any longer. Don't even bother threatening a ban. Do us all a favor and go full fledged right off the bat.
(2016-12-06, 23:36)fritsch Wrote: Edit: This screenshot is not from Android. I see Yadif deinterlacer and sw decoding with minimal CPU load. Is that a fake?

Mmm... I think I remember that this yadif line (which is the noop yadif, iirc) is always shown in ffmpeg mode, is it not?
(2016-12-07, 09:47)Koying Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 23:36)fritsch Wrote: Edit: This screenshot is not from Android. I see Yadif deinterlacer and sw decoding with minimal CPU load. Is that a fake?

Mmm... I think I remember that this yadif line (which is the noop yadif, iirc) is always shown in ffmpeg mode, is it not?

... you, myself and the obtuse one discussed this very thing briefly not long ago.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2405857

Except, you didn't question the validity and motive behind the reported observation, you took a logical approach (based on your recollection of current code) towards reaching an explanation. Big difference.
If you link stuff, you should properly read: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2405860
(2016-12-07, 10:01)fritsch Wrote: If you link stuff, you should properly read: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2405860

I linked to where I brought up yadif in Kodi mainline. That's where you, the obtuse one referenced above - and exemplified here again - added some clarifications for the benefit of Koying's well placed questions.

I didn't miss a thing, my 'dear poster'.
Jep - I see, you just qualified to my ignore list ... yadif is in mainline since years but NOT in android and this is all about. You post nonrelated screenshots in an android thread.
I actually tried to log off, and couldn't. Your forum software is broken. Is it going to take a full ban to hop off this train? smmfh..

Who gives a fuck about your ignore list? Not I.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Passthrough Changes with v170