• 65(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-12-09, 11:02)gadgetman67 Wrote: 2. within kodi i set use the external player, i get a pop up External player active click ok when playback has ended, i see small controls on a bar pause,stop etc. When i click ok nothing happens.

Here happens the same.
Do you use the Ethernet or the wifi?
Do you mounted the antennas?
Could you make a log file to us?
We will check this issue,Thanks.
[/quote]

i use ethernet the antennas are mounted does it matter?

currently at work and will have to look into the log files, i wanted a easy solution not into messing about want to sit down and watch a movie.

wrxtasy

online reviews well avforums and several others if you google, including a glowing review on this site start of this thread.
Quote:
(2016-12-09, 11:44)gadgetman67 Wrote: Do you use the Ethernet or the wifi?
Do you mounted the antennas?
Could you make a log file to us?
We will check this issue,Thanks.

i use ethernet the antennas are mounted does it matter?

currently at work and will have to look into the log files, i wanted a easy solution not into messing about want to sit down and watch a movie.

wrxtasy

online reviews well avforums and several others if you google, including a glowing review on this site start of this thread.
If possible,please help us to replicate the problem.Else there is nothing to do
ok will do, the logs do i post them here in this thread? i am new to all this

Update: Do you use ZDMC setting to external player or use kodi + wrapper?

only use the ZDMC do not even no what kodi+wrapper is.
(2016-12-09, 11:58)gadgetman67 Wrote: ok will do, the logs do i post them here in this thread? i am new to all this

Update: Do you use ZDMC setting to external player or use kodi + wrapper?

only use the ZDMC do not even no what kodi+wrapper is.
Thanks
(2016-12-09, 11:58)gadgetman67 Wrote: ok will do, the logs do i post them here in this thread? i am new to all this

Maybe google drive
(2016-12-09, 07:45)hjbaard Wrote: I'm using the X9S for a while new but after updating to 1.2.7 I have an issue. When watching a simple mkv 1080i episode from different series after a while I see frame drops (or low frame rates resulting in stuttering, like that buffer is empty) for a couple of seconds and after that it runs OK. Yesterday it happened 2 times while watching a 40 minutes episode.

I stream the series using a synologie nas which I have a couple of questions years now without problems.

I reported a similar issue here. I also uploaded a sample video in that post. Is your problem with ZDMC or only with zidoo player?
(2016-12-09, 13:09)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 07:45)hjbaard Wrote: I'm using the X9S for a while new but after updating to 1.2.7 I have an issue. When watching a simple mkv 1080i episode from different series after a while I see frame drops (or low frame rates resulting in stuttering, like that buffer is empty) for a couple of seconds and after that it runs OK. Yesterday it happened 2 times while watching a 40 minutes episode.

I stream the series using a synologie nas which I have a couple of questions years now without problems.

I reported a similar issue here. I also uploaded a sample video in that post. Is your problem with ZDMC or only with zidoo player?

Yes that is also exactly what I'm seeing. The stutter takes approximately 5 secs. It happens 1-3 times per episode of several TV series. Pressing the play/mute button also helps. But I had this issue also in 1.2.6. I'm using ZDMC with the external player enabled. Streaming from a Synology NAS, wired.
Legend of Tarzan - 4k HDR with Atmos - every 2-3 sec the sound interrups... Very annoying :-( Same for other 4k HDR movies with HD Audio

One more bug - the display setting is set bacl to 720p after shuted down the device - sometimes also while just being switched on...
(2016-12-09, 11:09)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 11:02)gadgetman67 Wrote: Hello new user of the zidoo x9s.

I have owned a popcorn hour A210 for years been a great product, despite the firmware not been updated in over a year because it's discontinued.Even movies with atmos plays back except a few and obviously does not do 3D. I have a oppo 93 with an external hard drive for the 3D movies and gives me full blu ray menus just like the popcorn hour.

So i thought i would treat myself and buy the best unit currently available according to the online reviews.
Well after days of hassle i'm ready to send back, i have posted on the zidoo forums but no solutions at the moment.
Current firmware installed 1.2.7.

1. within kodi i can sort of playback movies not using the external player, but when i use the explorer and set up a network share smb: e.t.c i can navigate the folders but then it will loose connection i have to reboot the player, which will happen again, an unknown error occurs.

2. within kodi i set use the external player, i get a pop up External player active click ok when playback has ended, i see small controls on a bar pause,stop etc. When i click ok nothing happens.

I have reset the box cleared apps tried everything with no solutions.

My equipment is a panasonic vt55 and a denon x2200 and a synology NAS.
not 4K which considering the problems i am having just as well.

Sorry if the above is in the wrong section please move if necessary but i am very frustrated.
Out of interest which specific online reviews ?
(2016-12-09, 11:02)Plextor Wrote: Do you mean that I should consider a Nvidia Shield TV?
Here is a BIG Hint about how popular a Kodi Hardware platform is.
And it is for a very good reason. Its has 3202 Replies and 907,763 Views:

CLICK HERE

Wink

Can we create a different thread talking about bad Android device and leave this thread for Zidoo X8/X9S support?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hi mirror 88 here is my link for the unknown error problem and kodi player with the error External player active click ok when playback has ended

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_HYXyZ...sp=sharing
Hello,

According to some members of my discussion board, the bluetooth mouse does not work with the X8/X9S,

The mouse and zidoo are paired but no pointer appears on screen.

have nice day

OlivierQC
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-12-09, 18:20)gadgetman67 Wrote: Hi mirror 88 here is my link for the unknown error problem and kodi player with the error External player active click ok when playback has ended

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_HYXyZ...sp=sharing

Like this.. in Italian language
internal player error
If I choose like player "DVD player" the movie start. With zidoo player no way to start the movie.

I've also the problem that if I turn off and on the player, it loose settings. Like display dimmer for example
(2016-12-09, 18:01)laola Wrote: Legend of Tarzan - 4k HDR with Atmos - every 2-3 sec the sound interrups... Very annoying :-( Same for other 4k HDR movies with HD Audio

One more bug - the display setting is set bacl to 720p after shuted down the device - sometimes also while just being switched on...
Did you mux the Atmos audio from the blu ray yourself? both the HDR version and the normal 4K version of this on usenet only have DTS-HD? I only ask because if you are submitting it as a bug they need the correct information.
The simple fix for this, and it has been posted many times is to change output to 4:2:2 instead of Auto or 4:4:4.
I have to agree mine has started up in 720p a few times since 1.27, i think they tried to fix a bug in 1.26 where the box would not sync with the TV on start up and leaving people having to reset.
(2016-12-09, 18:01)laola Wrote: Legend of Tarzan - 4k HDR with Atmos - every 2-3 sec the sound interrups... Very annoying :-( Same for other 4k HDR movies with HD Audio

How are you ripping this movies ? they are blu-ray ? 1080p or 4K
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8