• 18(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
(2016-12-14, 19:56)braz Wrote: The master branch is Mimic 5 for Kodi 17. I need to delete the kodi18 branch, that's the one I was using before when I was going to hold Mimic 5 back for Kodi 18.

I should have misformulate my question, what I wanted to know is does mimic 5 will continue to work with kodi master branch now that they switched it to version 18. Or i should avoid upgrade to kodi 18 and stuck with version 17 until mimic 6
(2016-12-14, 20:02)mac1202 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 19:56)braz Wrote: The master branch is Mimic 5 for Kodi 17. I need to delete the kodi18 branch, that's the one I was using before when I was going to hold Mimic 5 back for Kodi 18.

I should have misformulate my question, what I wanted to know is does mimic 5 will continue to work with kodi master branch now that they switched it to version 18. Or i should avoid upgrade to kodi 18 and stuck with version 17 until mimic 6
Ah, got it. It should work for now, but probably safer to stay with Kodi 17. I won't be making any of the Kodi 18 changes for a while...
ok thanks Smile
First, love this skin! Especially the new version for Krypton. Thanks for all the hard work!

That said, I'm not getting watched status for any local (LAN) videos. I have all three icons enabled, but none show up. If I switch to Estuary, the watched status works properly on that skin. Known bug?
(2016-12-14, 22:19)Tarkus_ Wrote: First, love this skin! Especially the new version for Krypton. Thanks for all the hard work!

That said, I'm not getting watched status for any local (LAN) videos. I have all three icons enabled, but none show up. If I switch to Estuary, the watched status works properly on that skin. Known bug?
Should be working. Are your videos scanned into the local library?
Hi braz, I upgraded to Krypton and my old mimic 3.x is now updated to 5.x.
I am unable to set and see random fanarts when I select Movies, TV Show and Music.
There are some missing Add-on in my system?
In mimic 3.x all' was fine...
This is a know issue, there is nothing you can do about it, just have to wait for braz to figure out what the problem is Smile

Edit : already fixed in the git version Smile
Is there any way to make the widgets like they were in 4? Instead of how now you get a wall instead of a single lie of items. Also the borders around items in the widgets is ugly AF IMO
Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the update with the fix
Wink
(2016-12-17, 21:38)dcquence Wrote: Is there any way to make the widgets like they were in 4? Instead of how now you get a wall instead of a single lie of items. Also the borders around items in the widgets is ugly AF IMO
You're welcome to find another skin if you don't like it.
(2016-12-14, 23:09)braz Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 22:19)Tarkus_ Wrote: First, love this skin! Especially the new version for Krypton. Thanks for all the hard work!

Yes, I've even tried rescanning my library and even adding a new path, and having it scan the files in the new path, but to no avail. For some reason, it's working for my Movies folder, and I've tried recreating the settings (other than separate folder for each video) in my other folders, and still can't get them to show a watched status. And again, Estuary shows watched status in those other folders, so obviously the information is there, but for some reason Mimic is not showing any watched status. Oh, if I switch the view to Unwatched, it hides the watched videos in Mimic, so again, the info is there. Just not seeing any icons. I even tried uninstalling and then re-installing the skin, but still the same. If you have no ideas, maybe I'll try a clean install of Kodi.
(2016-12-17, 23:13)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 23:09)braz Wrote:

Yes, I've even tried rescanning my library and even adding a new path, and having it scan the files in the new path, but to no avail. For some reason, it's working for my Movies folder, and I've tried recreating the settings (other than separate folder for each video) in my other folders, and still can't get them to show a watched status. And again, Estuary shows watched status in those other folders, so obviously the information is there, but for some reason Mimic is not showing any watched status. Oh, if I switch the view to Unwatched, it hides the watched videos in Mimic, so again, the info is there. Just not seeing any icons. I even tried uninstalling and then re-installing the skin, but still the same. If you have no ideas, maybe I'll try a clean install of Kodi.
So what content is set on those other folders?
(2016-12-17, 22:02)braz Wrote:
(2016-12-17, 21:38)dcquence Wrote: Is there any way to make the widgets like they were in 4? Instead of how now you get a wall instead of a single lie of items. Also the borders around items in the widgets is ugly AF IMO

I like everything else about the skin. Just expressing an opinion about some of the changes. If it bothers me enough I'll edit it myself

So, there is no way to go back to a single line widget style?
(2016-12-17, 23:55)dcquence Wrote:
(2016-12-17, 22:02)braz Wrote:

I like everything else about the skin. Just expressing an opinion about some of the changes. If it bothers me enough I'll edit it myself

So, there is no way to go back to a single line widget style?
Not in Mimic 5, no.
(2016-12-17, 23:51)braz Wrote:
(2016-12-17, 23:13)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 23:09)braz Wrote: Should be working. Are your videos scanned into the local library?

So what content is set on those other folders?

It doesn't matter what their content is set for. I did some testing, and found the only way to get the watched status icon is if the video has a filename that The Movie Database recognizes and downloads screens and info for that video. If I mix in oddball filenames with my movies, the movies show the watched status icon, but the titles not recognized by The Movie Database do not -- all in the same listing. The videos themselves don't matter; it only matters if they have a recognizable filename. And if I change the content provider to local information only, none of them get the icon.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2