• 112(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2016-12-30, 11:02)smitchell6879 Wrote: Can I make a custom group and have this allow users to manage the order of that group?

Sure. Skin Shortcuts Docs: Additional Submenu's or Other Menus

(2016-12-30, 11:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 23:19)BobCratchett Wrote: Yes, with how the code currently works for path-based nodes (which don't have a <content /> tag to tell us what the content is, the visibility condition is used - which is Library.HasContent(TVShows) - I got 'videos' because I'd been messing about with my nodes whilst coding the recent update to the Library Node Editor) a widgetType of tvshows is expected.

I've reviewed the code and it's not an easy job to fix this simply because the current library-node-loading code is so fragmented, so expect the Kodi 18 version of the script (where I'm already refactoring large amounts of code as this needs to be) to handle this correctly Smile

Maybe we should just throw all detections through the content detection method I created once for plugins ?
That way we only have one method to determine the actual contenttype instead of several fragmented around the code.

It makes sense, I think, to use the <content /> tag in a rule-based node as it's actually telling us what the content it - no need to guess. Path-based nodes definitely do need to go through your DetectPluginContent method. The whole loading-library-node's-code is an absolute mess, though, and really needs some major refactoring (and already has some on the 'Games' branch where I am doing the necessary refactoring for v18).
(2016-12-30, 11:14)BobCratchett Wrote: It makes sense, I think, to use the <content /> tag in a rule-based node as it's actually telling us what the content it - no need to guess. Path-based nodes definitely do need to go through your DetectPluginContent method. The whole loading-library-node's-code is an absolute mess, though, and really needs some major refactoring (and already has some on the 'Games' branch where I am doing the necessary refactoring for v18).

The refactoring of skinhelper is almost done (about to be pushed to the repo) so I can help out with the refactoring.
What about also make sure it meets some code styling (pep8) ? That way we can auto check the code with codacy, like I do now with SH addons.
Let's further discuss this on GH next week.
I always knew I'd have to adopt pep8 one day Big Grin Any assistance with refactoring would be hugely appreciated - there's already some discussion on git here. And have a happy new year Smile
(2016-12-30, 11:29)BobCratchett Wrote: I always knew I'd have to adopt pep8 one day Big Grin Any assistance with refactoring would be hugely appreciated - there's already some discussion on git here. And have a happy new year Smile
Happy new year Bob to you and your family
Just wanted to say thank you for your help... Also this is a awesome script now that I figured out how to make it work properly I really like the ability to easily make a custom customizeable list.. Smile

I hope you have a safe and happy new year. Thanks again.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Hi Bob,

One of the Mimic users noticed that System.Logoff is not one of the available shortcuts under Kodi Commands. Is it possible to add this shortcut, or is there a reason why it's not included?

Thanks!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303467

Update: Nevermind, I see you just need to have the Login screen turned on for that option to appear. Smile
Initial Kodi Leia builds are now available on git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../tree/leia

Please read the docs for the current changes required for Leia - there are required changes for the script for Kodi 18 including removed gui controls and the location of the files related to the Skin Shortcuts implementation. Its worth saying that updates for the v18 version of the script aren't complete as yet but hopefully won't require any further skinning changes. If they do, I'll do my best to make you aware of them here - though the docs are always the best place to check such.

It's also worth being aware that there is a new dependancy for the script (for any skin using the scripts templates features) - simpleeval - which is currently (to the best of my knowledge) not available on any repo.

I know there are skinners keen to get going with v18 versions of their skin, so hopefully this early - and incomplete - release of the script will help you do so. Please let me know of any issues you come across - including a debug log with the scripts own debug logging option enabled - and hopefully we can soon get to a stable version of the script which includes all the code improvements that taking the opportunity to fork the script for v18 allows us to introduce. If it all works as expected there is the possibility of an early repo release to allow skinners to publish their skin updates before the - major - updates to the script for v18 are complete.
(2017-01-14, 00:20)BobCratchett Wrote: Initial Kodi Leia builds are now available on git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../tree/leia

Please read the docs for the current changes required for Leia - there are required changes for the script for Kodi 18 including removed gui controls and the location of the files related to the Skin Shortcuts implementation. Its worth saying that updates for the v18 version of the script aren't complete as yet but hopefully won't require any further skinning changes. If they do, I'll do my best to make you aware of them here - though the docs are always the best place to check such.

It's also worth being aware that there is a new dependancy for the script (for any skin using the scripts templates features) - simpleeval - which is currently (to the best of my knowledge) not available on any repo.

I know there are skinners keen to get going with v18 versions of their skin, so hopefully this early - and incomplete - release of the script will help you do so. Please let me know of any issues you come across - including a debug log with the scripts own debug logging option enabled - and hopefully we can soon get to a stable version of the script which includes all the code improvements that taking the opportunity to fork the script for v18 allows us to introduce. If it all works as expected there is the possibility of an early repo release to allow skinners to publish their skin updates before the - major - updates to the script for v18 are complete.

What is the differences of new GUI control 3010 and control 301 ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
Just guessing here but maybe it adds a new shortcut and pops the select window at the same time...

In the README it says "New GUI control 3010 (add new shortcut and select)" so I am assuming it is adding and offering the select a shortcut at the same time.

Have not tested so just a hunch Wink

Edit: Still just guessing as my Python skills are, lets go with, non-existent but in the commit that added it I see what looks like a call to add and select for a single click.
Code:
3010: [self.onClickAdd, self.onClickSelectShortcut]}
(2017-01-14, 05:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Just guessing here but maybe it adds a new shortcut and pops the select window at the same time...

In the README it says "New GUI control 3010 (add new shortcut and select)" so I am assuming it is adding and offering the select a shortcut at the same time.

Have not tested so just a hunch Wink

Edit: Still just guessing as my Python skills are, lets go with, non-existent but in the commit that added it I see what looks like a call to add and select for a single click.
Code:
3010: [self.onClickAdd, self.onClickSelectShortcut]}

I have try to use it and it's only add new item like control 301.
 Estuary MOD V2 
I think I've fixed 3010 now - if I haven't (and if you find any more issues with the Leia branch) please post a debug log (wiki).
Hi,

GUI control 405 for select submenu not working for branch leia.

Code:
16:44:51.867 T:123145505447936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'gmtime' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1127, in onClick
                                                "skinshortcuts-loading", str(calendar.timegm(gmtime())))
                                            NameError: global name 'gmtime' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-01-15, 17:46)Guilouz Wrote: Hi,

Code:
16:44:51.867 T:123145505447936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1127, in onClick

Whilst that is an error, is it not a debug log (wiki). Frankly, there are going to be a lot of issue with the new version of the script, and - as various elements have already been re-written, or may be re-written as part of fixing these issues correctly, I'm not going to look into any issue that doesn't provide a full debug log.
(2017-01-16, 23:21)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 17:46)Guilouz Wrote: Hi,

Code:

Whilst that is an error, is it not a debug log (wiki). Frankly, there are going to be a lot of issue with the new version of the script, and - as various elements have already been re-written, or may be re-written as part of fixing these issues correctly, I'm not going to look into any issue that doesn't provide a full debug log.

Got the same error:

Code:
11:39:23.889 T:6624   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Cardo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1127, in onClick

Full debug log: http://pastebin.com/RUwNyuSB

I think there is also some other error from skinshortcuts earlier in the log but I'm not sure
Moanbag is in da place!
I've figured out how to set multiple widgets with custom properties for each menu item, but cant for the life of me figure out how to set default widgets in overides.xml for said multiple widgets with custom properties, only just one basic widget per item. Is this a doable thing?
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8