Change subtitle position of "bottom of video"
Hi there fellow members!

I was wondering if it's possible to change the relative subtitle position that is set with the setting "bottom of video".
In my opinion it is way too much to the bottom. With fixed I set my offset to 1020, so 60 pixels from bottom of a full screen video.

I'm asking this, because it's annoying to manually change the offset with video calibration. What I think is that the "bottom of video" setting is like 0.5% from the bottom of the video. I want to change that to a higher percentile.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
In the settings>video>subtitle>subtitle position on screen>fixed. Play the video with subs, enter the video OSD then set offset to 1020, so 60 pixels from bottom of a full screen video. exit ensure the subs look good, re-enter the OSD video and set as default for all media.
That's exactly what I don't want to do. Manually set it for each video, because some movies gave different aspect ratio. Hehe I have to do the whole osd screen again...and again with full screen video.

The setting "bottom of video" is exactly what I need, but the relative position from the bottom is but what I want, I want to change that somehow.

Hope you understand.
OK misunderstood, thought you didn't see ' set as default for all media.' which would be automagic. This would be a skin hack to change the default and that would depend on the skin you are using, the author of that skin would be able to address this. For the most part that would be Confluence but you might be running Estuary?
(2016-12-30, 23:41)PatK Wrote: OK misunderstood, thought you didn't see ' set as default for all media.' which would be automagic. This would be a skin hack to change the default and that would depend on the skin you are using, the author of that skin would be able to address this. For the most part that would be Confluence but you might be running Estuary?

I don't think the skin has anything to do with it. Because it is the same in every skin. I believe it's coded within Kodi.
So I hope I can change it with some file I can edit, because I don't want to compile the software.
I think this file has to be changed:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/fc8680...rerGUI.cpp

This is where it gives the relative position of the subtitle:
Code:
{
    if(m_subalign == SUBTITLE_ALIGN_TOP_INSIDE ||
       m_subalign == SUBTITLE_ALIGN_BOTTOM_INSIDE)
      m_align  = ALIGN_VIDEO;
    else
      m_align = ALIGN_SCREEN;

m_pos    = POSITION_RELATIVE;
    m_x      = 0.5f;

So is there a way to change that without compiling?
What is the current status? I would need this as well.
(2019-04-09, 16:04)Jutzi Wrote: What is the current status? I would need this as well.

I'm still hoping this is possible. Maybe we have to find out ourselves?
Because I'm still looking for this solution.
That would be great to have that option
This could be done with advancedsettings.xml. Anyone still need this features too?
(2019-12-17, 11:41)kofii12345 Wrote: This could be done with advancedsettings.xml. Anyone still need this features too?

Yes! I'm still waiting for this feature.
Hi,

Registered just to tell that I'd be extremely happy for this feature also.

Managing subtitles with 21:9 screen is a pain, and this would make everything a whole lot easier. Currently I have no way of managing the position for Netflix and Plex apps together. Netflix does not work well with "bottom of the video" setting, as the video signal contains the black bar. For netflix, manual subtitle shifting with ctrl+up/down works if subtitle position is fixed. Plex works fine position set to "bottom of video" as the movies are not encoded with black bars, but it does not let me manually shift the subtitles. So: possibility to shift subtitles up and down also with the "bottom of the video" -option would solve my problems Smile

Thanks for the great app!
(2019-12-17, 11:41)kofii12345 Wrote: This could be done with advancedsettings.xml. Anyone still need this features too?

Any updates on this problem? (Can it be done with advancedsettings.xml now and how?)
Thanks!
(2016-12-31, 00:10)bokkoman Wrote: I think this file has to be changed:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/fc8680...rerGUI.cpp

This is where it gives the relative position of the subtitle:
Code:
{
    if(m_subalign == SUBTITLE_ALIGN_TOP_INSIDE ||
       m_subalign == SUBTITLE_ALIGN_BOTTOM_INSIDE)
      m_align  = ALIGN_VIDEO;
    else
      m_align = ALIGN_SCREEN;

m_pos    = POSITION_RELATIVE;
    m_x      = 0.5f;

So is there a way to change that without compiling?

Can you help me to fix my subtitle at verical centre PERMANENTLY?

I moved subtitle up maximum using calibration but that's not enough. Now I have to move it up (offset) vertical centre for every video.

Any way to fix the position permanently using any xml file?

Thanks in advance
On Kodi 20 has been improved some aspects for position settings,
there is "Manual" position setting to have a fixed subtitle position customizable by VIdeo calibration setting

or else

you can customize the subtitle vertical margin by using
Code:
subtitleverticalmargin
(see advancedsettings xml wiki)
allow you to change the default vertical margin (in px) used in all subtitle position settings like "Bottom of video"
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change subtitle position of "bottom of video"0