• 213(current)
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)
If its within reason, Id like to request larger submenu tabs that the new estuary uses. When you're using widgets for a majority of your screen, but have additional functions that you want to incorporate into that section, They tend to be too small to get the point across that theyre actually functions without physically having to focus on it to see what function it serves...
(2017-01-08, 16:50)hyperblu Wrote: Guilouz, I have been having an issue installing the recommended necessary addons for your skin, namely "script.skin.helper.backup" and "script.skin.helper.widgets". This is with a fresh install, and I am able to install everything except those two. when I click on the red x to install them, nothing happens. I have been able to manually install them, just find it odd that neither of them will work no matter how many times I reinstall kodi,

Normal, this addons are not on official repo yet and they must be install manually.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-01-08, 17:09)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 16:50)hyperblu Wrote: Guilouz, I have been having an issue installing the recommended necessary addons for your skin, namely "script.skin.helper.backup" and "script.skin.helper.widgets". This is with a fresh install, and I am able to install everything except those two. when I click on the red x to install them, nothing happens. I have been able to manually install them, just find it odd that neither of them will work no matter how many times I reinstall kodi,

Normal, this addons are not on official repo yet and they must be install manually.
\

Good to know its not just me, Big Grin
(2017-01-08, 19:22)duboisbrian Wrote: few bugs have krypton rc2 and install estuary mod skin (but at the main menu a few catagories on the left side are missing expample tv shows, music videos ect...) but when i go to customize menu its shows that tv shows, music video ect... are active and should be shown in the main menu ??
i have try playing with setting but no matter what tv shows will not appear in the menu even though when i go to customize it shows it as part of the menu ?

They will only appear on main menu once your movies and TVshows libraries are build
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-08, 20:55)duboisbrian Wrote: what do you mean build
i have customizes the submenu with my video addson (creating shortcuts)
and i have changed the widget to exodus tv show most popular category (which populates the tv shows section with exodus most popular tv shows)

did all this and has not appeared ... so what do you mean build ?

1- kodi primary use is with local file so you build your library by telling kodi in which folder the files are

2- I never use stream addons so can not help with those

3- the addon you named is a piracy addon that is banned on this forum so no help for it
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-08, 05:26)Guilouz Wrote: 1) Notifications are handled by Kodi and Artwork Downloader itself.

2) It's already fixed in next update 1.7.4.

3) I can't do nothing for that. This dialog window is handled by Skin Helper Service addon.

4) It's better to use personnalizable widget to not have the fallback widget.

5) No, Hub widget only offer thumbnails or fanarts

6) No I do not plain to do this because some codes need to be rewritten and use more space than actual posters.

7) It is a will on my part, I prefer to have status only when I focus items.

8) There is already watched/unwatched status in media flag and I prefer a minimum of info on posters

9) Not really understand what you mean.

10) There is already fanart in background on info dialog :

11) Working for me :

12) I like them like this. To do this all media flag icons need to be edit and there is many files...

13) Have you change default widget from Videos item ? Do you use skin for Kodi 18 ? Because I just fix a mistake for that on git.

Thanks for you quick response Guiloz! I certainly see your points on most raised issues (6, 7, 8, 12) Smile Maybe you can keep them on your personal backlog as options if you ever get bored and want more challenges :LOL:

Here's my follow-up:

4) I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that before my customized (basically just moved places) widget is loaded, it loads a fallback widget first (which then is the default widget that was there in the first place)? Here's how my TV show hub setting looks like:

5) I see. Do you know how it has been implemented in the default Estuary skin where they have both posters and thumbs in the TV show hub?

9) I meant to get the Next Aired info when hovering over/selecting a TV show instead of having to open the info dialog. Looks like this in the Eminence mod:

10,11) Do you have any suggestions on how me and Gracus can get it to work, or what might be the root cause? As far as I can tell I'm using your 1.7.3 mod for Kodi 17 on my latest install of Krypton (RC2). And all the latest required add-ons as per your OP a couple of days ago.

13) I'm using your skin for Kodi 17, and haven't changed anything in the videos hub (at least in this install, might have been migrated from Kodi 16?). Is there a way to reset the hub?

And I found a couple of more issues:

14) The viewtype has to be configured per movie set. Right now the default viewtype on a movieset it Poster, if I want to change it I actually have to change it once per every movieset.

15) The horizontal scrollbar inside a movieset with viewtype Poster (possibly other places too) isn't properly proportioned. If you for instance go inside the Harry Potter collection which has 8 movies, the scrollbar positions itself all the way to the right already on the 4th movie (and doesn't change position when continuing to move further down the collection)

16) Fanart doesn't change when viewing the different movies inside a movieset. Shouldn't it show each movie's individual fanart upon selecting the different movies?
(2017-01-08, 05:57)Gracus Wrote: While I think of it,

When I select an episode, it show the TVshow poster:

When I select "..", it show the season poster:

Find it a bit weird...

Shouldn't it be the opposite?

For me it shows the season posters both on selecting an episode and the ".."
(2017-01-08, 06:49)Gracus Wrote: Just try this one to try to avoid widget "reload time" (it seems to work):

I'm not following. Would you mind explaining what you've done? Smile
(2017-01-08, 22:26)toeggi Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 06:49)Gracus Wrote: Just try this one to try to avoid widget "reload time" (it seems to work):

I'm not following. Would you mind explaining what you've done? Smile

Yep!

The default movies and TVshows menu have default widget.
If you change them then when it need to reload, you may have first the original widget then the one you have set

The only solution is to create a new movie menue and a new TVshows menu
They come empty and then when you set your widgets if they need to reload you will not have the "default" widget first

Use the "+" to create a new menu entry:

Then configure the new entry as you need (name, type, widgets, action when you click on it)

Then right click on the "original" one and select disable in order to have it hidden in the main menu
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-08, 21:59)toeggi Wrote: 10,11) Do you have any suggestions on how me and Gracus can get it to work, or what might be the root cause? As far as I can tell I'm using your 1.7.3 mod for Kodi 17 on my latest install of Krypton (RC2). And all the latest required add-ons as per your OP a couple of days ago.

16) Fanart doesn't change when viewing the different movies inside a movieset. Shouldn't it show each movie's individual fanart upon selecting the different movies?

10,11) in my case, it may be due to the fact that I select different fanart (from my HDD) than the one kodi grab when I build my library. Will have to test this but will be busy the next few days

16) it's a bug but does not know if it come from the skin or from skinhelper script. The collection fanart override the movie fanart. If you want to see each movie fanart then you will have to set each collection fanart to "none"
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-08, 22:39)Gracus Wrote: Yep!

The default movies and TVshows menu have default widget.
If you change them then when it need to reload, you may have first the original widget then the one you have set

The only solution is to create a new movie menue and a new TVshows menu
They come empty and then when you set your widgets if they need to reload you will not have the "default" widget first

Use the "+" to create a new menu entry:

Then configure the new entry as you need (name, type, widgets, action when you click on it)

Then right click on the "original" one and select disable in order to have it hidden in the main menu

Heureka! Thanks, I will try that Smile
(2017-01-08, 22:50)Gracus Wrote: 10,11) in my case, it may be due to the fact that I select different fanart (from my HDD) than the one kodi grab when I build my library. Will have to test this but will be busy the next few days

16) it's a bug but does not know if it come from the skin or from skinhelper script. The collection fanart override the movie fanart. If you want to see each movie fanart then you will have to set each collection fanart to "none"

10,11) I haven't chosen local fanart for any movies. I have however in almost all cases chosen to download different fanart than the default selected with Artwork Downloader. However on movies where I haven't done this, the same issue exists.
(2017-01-08, 15:19)Guilouz Wrote: 1) Colors for EPG are located in extras/epg-genres folder. Files must have the same name as genre name.
Ah, ok, thanks. I will have a look on this and report Wink

(2017-01-08, 15:19)Guilouz Wrote: 2) Only for live tv or other ?
For Live-TV and for music:
Here´s screenshot for music, for live-tv i already posted the screenshot Wink:
All other, expect of livetv and music, are ok Wink

(2017-01-08, 15:19)Guilouz Wrote: 3) This type of addon are banned on this forum. Please remove your picture.
You must change icon in personnalise home menu.
I´m sorry. I will post a different icon:
Here you see the same: An addon-icon is in focus, but the blue "indicator" that it is on focus, is missing / in the background.
Here´s the normal one:

In my opinion, it seems that on normal pictures/addon-icons, the blue indicator-box is not in foreground on these ones, but in background, so it is hidden behind the icon...

(2017-01-08, 15:19)Guilouz Wrote: 4) I have no PVR backend to try and to improve PVR section.
Mh, ok... Is there something i could do? I really really like the widget (waf! Big Grin), but to see next/actual timers would be perfect...

(2017-01-08, 15:19)Guilouz Wrote: 5) I will fix that.
Thanks!

(2017-01-08, 15:19)Guilouz Wrote: 6) Skin settings are not located in skin folder but in your userdata folder. So you can overwrite skin files without to lost your settings.
Mh, ok. Weird. But thank you for the information!

Thank you again for this amazing skin!
Hi guys,
what would be the best way to make your own widget based on a custom list of addons? I wouldn't want to use Favorites as this is only one list and Super Favorites over complicated and crashes Kodi.
Old skins could add submenu addon list. I know this is an obsolete way and we have pretty much all we need with Estuary Mod but still. What would you recommend? Been searching around and could not find anything.

Or at least control the order of displayed addons in the video (or program) widget

Thank you
The widgets (thumb-style) in the TV show menu doesn't respect my artwork downloads. I've downloaded new Thumb 16:9 and Banner files with Artwork Downloader, but the thumbs and banners on the TV show menu stay the same nonetheless. Any suggestions?
  • 213(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)36