• 14(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
Hi! I recently bought a nvidia shield 2017. I had a xiaomi mi box before, i got tired of the judder watching content on Kodi and decided to move to the "best android box" the shield. However, i am seeing the same behavior of not auto switching the refresh rate that, was causing the judder on the mi box. Anybody seeing the same issue??.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-01-22, 19:23)bluestang Wrote: Ok, thanks. Seems adding 2.5 second for "pause during refresh rate change" may have solved it. Figured I'd put it here in case anyone else runs into this.

Glad you got it figured out.

(2017-01-22, 19:59)arfalax Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 01:33)phreedumb Wrote: 6. The remote doesn't have a PLAY/Pause button so you need to press the middle button twice to Pause, once more to PLAY then press Back to remove the context menu at the top (got to be a better way). Is there a way to remap the Home or Mic buttons on the remote?

Is anyone able to offer any advice?

If you long press the select button it will pause play without the transport controls showing up, and again long press to resume playing. Another useful tip (that took too long for me to find out about) is when you are deep into menus and you just want to quickly get back to the main/home menu, long press the back button.

As well, (don't know if this has changed with the 2017 SATV/remote) double tapping the volume slider acts as Play/Pause.

No, you can not remap the Home or Mic buttons, these are dedicated at the OS level.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-01-22, 20:30)Tinwarble Wrote: No, you can not remap the Home or Mic buttons, these are dedicated at the OS level.

The "Mic" button is trappable, actually. SPMC only trap it for voice recognition on keyboard input, though.
You probably want to leave it to the system for global search, generally speaking.
(2017-01-22, 20:57)Koying Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 20:30)Tinwarble Wrote: No, you can not remap the Home or Mic buttons, these are dedicated at the OS level.

The "Mic" button is trappable, actually. SPMC only trap it for voice recognition on keyboard input, though.
You probably want to leave it to the system for global search, generally speaking.

Hmmm...that's odd then. I've tried to set it using the keymap editor add-on, and it does not add it. All it does it pull up Google voice in official Kodi.

I know that you do it in SPMC, but I don't know if you can in Kodi, at least not with keymap since it doesn't pick it up.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-01-22, 19:59)arfalax Wrote: If you long press the select button it will pause play without the transport controls showing up, and again long press to resume playing. Another useful tip (that took too long for me to find out about) is when you are deep into menus and you just want to quickly get back to the main/home menu, long press the back button.
That's not ideal, but probably the only solution - thanks for the reply!
It looks like IEC61937 HD audio passthrough is indeed implemented in Shield update 5.0. It is working with SPMC 16.6.0 beta build. It also looks like display mode API has been fixed in update 5.0. @Koying has enabled it in the beta build, but I couldn't get it to work (no resolution switching).
It's enabled in v17 already as well
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-22, 19:59)arfalax Wrote: If you long press the select button it will pause play without the transport controls showing up, and again long press to resume playing. Another useful tip (that took too long for me to find out about) is when you are deep into menus and you just want to quickly get back to the main/home menu, long press the back button.

thanks for this very useful info, this should be in the kodi wiki,
any more "long press" info you know of, and like to share?
(2017-01-22, 23:26)jan-g Wrote: thanks for this very useful info, this should be in the kodi wiki,

Long press has been a feature in Kodi for quite a while and it's not specific to the Shield. It also pulls up the context menu.
(2017-01-22, 23:39)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 23:26)jan-g Wrote: thanks for this very useful info, this should be in the kodi wiki,

Long press has been a feature in Kodi for quite a while and it's not specific to the Shield. It also pulls up the context menu.

yes, I'm aware of that, but I never could find any info about what key did what for "long press"
I'm using a harmony myself for controlling my box, so I have no shortage of keys,
but "long press" back for returning to main menu is very useful.
if you can point out any further reading, explaining what action a "long press" does I would be very grateful.
(2017-01-22, 22:49)wesk05 Wrote: It looks like IEC61937 HD audio passthrough is indeed implemented in Shield update 5.0. It is working with SPMC 16.6.0 beta build. It also looks like display mode API has been fixed in update 5.0. @Koying has enabled it in the beta build, but I couldn't get it to work (no resolution switching).
is there an advantage on IEC PT against the RAW PT?
A video I ran across that is a good comparison of the hardware. Don't think it's been posted.

https://youtu.be/8E_ZGhIfV3g

(2017-01-23, 12:13)querty1000 Wrote: is there an advantage on IEC PT against the RAW PT?

Kodi can fill the gaps where Google implementation of IEC 61937 is lacking.
DD+ 7.1 comes to mind...
(2017-01-22, 20:30)Tinwarble Wrote: As well, (don't know if this has changed with the 2017 SATV/remote) double tapping the volume slider acts as Play/Pause.
Top tip! Thanks this is very helpful Smile
Hahaha of course my two year old receiver would already be outdated. It supports 4K passthrough BUT if I want to get a 4K HDR tv my system won't passthrough the signal. If we were to get a new tv I would have to connect all 4K supported devices to the tv and find some way to pass the audio to the receiver. Or just buy a new $2,500 receiver, like that's gonna happen. This really sucks for my shield since arc doesn't support passthrough and the only connection it has is an HDMI port and no optical port.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188