• 49(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-02-01, 21:34)piotrasd Wrote: Hi
Kodi 17 final just released so i builded based on LE8 and Kodi 17 new image

https://www.sendspace.com/file/bzqd7v/a2...fef5acd40e
(whole image based only on stable packages and kernel added only HEVC10 bit patches)

later i will made experimental based on latest kernel, intel stuff, mesa etc.

btw. i saw Gemini lake (next gen) has native HDMI 2.0 Smile

Hi piotrasd, i think this build have a problem with range color, i cant get correct color with full,limited,limited
for me working fine :/ strange becuase i didnt delate anything or change compare to LE8 - just added hevc 10bit patches nothing more
but i will check that tomorrow
Need some help.
I have installed kodi 17 final on my htpc (windows 10 pro). I have asrock j3455. I tried one 4k hevc 10bit mkv file and I have lots of buffering and black screen with only audio. It looks like it`s doing software decoding instead of hardware.
What can I do?
(2017-02-03, 14:41)Valter84 Wrote: Need some help.
I have installed kodi 17 final on my htpc (windows 10 pro). I have asrock j3455. I tried one 4k hevc 10bit torrent and I have lots of buffering and black screen with only audio. It looks like it`s doing software decoding instead of hardware.
What can I do?
Didn't know that torrent is a video format Huh
What about not downloading torrents and then asking for help when they are not working?
Post edited.
V17: no hevc 10bit vaapi support
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-31, 07:58)H8me Wrote: Hi guys, regarding topic about compatibility of memory modules for ASRock J4205 ITX motherboard I report Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4GB SO-DIMM DDR3L 1866MHz CL10 (BLS2C4G3N18AES4CEU) works only on frequency 1600MHz in dual-channel mode. It must be set manually in BIOS. Only one module is working when it is set AUTO or 1866MHz.in BIOS.

Hi! Same problem here with that Ballistix RAM modules, i am in contact with Asrock support and i hope they provide a fix for this.
(2017-02-02, 23:26)piotrasd Wrote: for me working fine :/ strange becuase i didnt delate anything or change compare to LE8 - just added hevc 10bit patches nothing more
but i will check that tomorrow

I found the problem, i have connected with DVI only and i added in autostart.sh set hdmi connected to FULL range with:
Code:
OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

But in this build when execute xrandr show 1 DP and 2 HDMI. I only connect DVI, but xrandr show 2 HDMI are connected but the real HDMI/DVI is HDMI2, and that issue make how my lines in autostart.sh no working fine.

xrandr | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/eGde

I set one line for set HDMI2 to full like that and working fine

Code:
xrandr -display :0 --output HDMI2 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

Edit myself:
Both HDMI were connected because i no change in /flash/syslinux.cfg the correct HDMI
Code:
APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  quiet video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@50D[code]
when replace to
[code]APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  quiet video=HDMI-A-2:1920x1080@50D

Only show connected HDMI2

Thanks for the build piotrasd! Wink
here latest experimental but based on kodi 17 final
https://www.sendspace.com/file/er6y7k/04...e39ce1b934

btw. now work ok modesetting driver for switch from intel ddx use xorg.conf
Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Device0"
Driver      "modesetting"
EndSection
put to .config folder and reboot

and ping @fritsch maybe gpu intel detect patch should be updated ? for @elrik case - issue ?
PS. @elrik please confirm if same problem exist in official LE 7.95.2 - thx
(2017-02-04, 15:15)piotrasd Wrote: here latest experimental but based on kodi 17 final
https://www.sendspace.com/file/er6y7k/04...e39ce1b934

btw. now work ok modesetting driver for switch from intel ddx use xorg.conf
Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Device0"
Driver      "modesetting"
EndSection
put to .config folder and reboot

and ping @fritsch maybe gpu intel detect patch should be updated ? for @elrik case - issue ?
PS. @elrik please confirm if same problem exist in official LE 7.95.2 - thx

what does modesetting give to those without any issues?
im tested only about 30min, with enabled player debug to see if drop/skip frames etc. and now working fine
some time ago droped a lot of frames during watching movies etc. in some scenario benchmark show better performance than Intel driver.

but which one is better - i dont know .. that mostly for testing.
i remeber or cherry trail atom z8300 was much more better than intel, in that case using modesetting as default driver was justified
(2017-02-04, 14:29)elrik Wrote: I found the problem, i have connected with DVI only and i added in autostart.sh set hdmi connected to FULL range with:

When using DVI and without your syslinux.cfg change, what is the output of:
Code:
cat /proc/fb
/usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 -q
Maybe we should just set "Full" for all displays regardless of connected state.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi, does anyone know the current state of CEC on the Intel Apollo Lake NUCs?

Is it necessary to buy adaptor, or the built-in works? Anyone tried yet?
Hello,

is there anything new to the hd audio problem? I have a nuc7i3bnk with piotrasd latest build.
Unfortunately hd audio doesn't work so i have to disable it in audio settings.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9