• 206(current)
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
Hi just installed the skin last night. Really good work! I have one small pet peeve though. I use the netflix view for TV Shows/Movies. When I highlight a show/movie the fanart changes after a slight delay. If I go to the next show, the fanart goes back to whatever it was on the home screen, then after a short delay it updates to my selection. Is there a way to get it to either update immediately when I switch a show, or keep the last fanart without switching back to the homescreen fanart? I understand this could be a result of comp speed, but I'm running it on an older i5 laptop so I wouldn't think I should be seeing the lag I see. Is there a setting I'm missing perhaps? Thanks and once again, great work!
(2017-02-09, 17:10)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 08:51)MediaGuy Wrote: TV-shows
In the main TV-show screen I can highlight a show, then press "i" and get all sorts of nice info.
Is it possible to show that info instantly/automatically when I hover over the series?
I'm new to Kodi, so I don't know the official name for that screen. It's not the screen with the actual episodes.

I like clean looks with lots of info without pressing all sorts of buttons and menu's.
That's why I love the white Titan theme. I prefer the list view with gives a nice list of episodes and detailed info of the selected episode. I like it so much I want more of it! :-)
Maybe it's already there hidden in the many settings....

I want a similar list in the home screen. So instead op horizontally scrolling trough pictures I want a vertical text list. When hovering over the series name I want all sort of details shown automatically.
Picture, rating, genre, plot, cast, etc.

When I select a show on the main screen I get a list of the episodes. The info shown there is great.
It would be nice if I scroll to the ".." at the top of the list the general series info is shown.

Did you take a look at the netflix mediaview and homelayout ? That's more or less what you're looking for.
That's almost the opposite I'm looking for Tongue Simply put; If it doesn't have a lot of text I don't like it. The whole screen must be filled Nod
But I found most of the solution by using 'List' in forced view Rofl
(2017-02-09, 18:23)twelvetosix Wrote: Hi just installed the skin last night. Really good work! I have one small pet peeve though. I use the netflix view for TV Shows/Movies. When I highlight a show/movie the fanart changes after a slight delay. If I go to the next show, the fanart goes back to whatever it was on the home screen, then after a short delay it updates to my selection. Is there a way to get it to either update immediately when I switch a show, or keep the last fanart without switching back to the homescreen fanart? I understand this could be a result of comp speed, but I'm running it on an older i5 laptop so I wouldn't think I should be seeing the lag I see. Is there a setting I'm missing perhaps? Thanks and once again, great work!

Are you on t he stable version or the beta of the skin ? I believe his was fixed in the beta version (so not yet in the stable)
(2017-02-09, 23:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 18:23)twelvetosix Wrote: Hi just installed the skin last night. Really good work! I have one small pet peeve though. I use the netflix view for TV Shows/Movies. When I highlight a show/movie the fanart changes after a slight delay. If I go to the next show, the fanart goes back to whatever it was on the home screen, then after a short delay it updates to my selection. Is there a way to get it to either update immediately when I switch a show, or keep the last fanart without switching back to the homescreen fanart? I understand this could be a result of comp speed, but I'm running it on an older i5 laptop so I wouldn't think I should be seeing the lag I see. Is there a setting I'm missing perhaps? Thanks and once again, great work!

Are you on t he stable version or the beta of the skin ? I believe his was fixed in the beta version (so not yet in the stable)

I'm on stable. Will try the beta tonight to see if it resolves the issue. I'm assuming I can backup from stable and then restore settings in beta right?
(2017-02-10, 00:05)twelvetosix Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 23:11)marcelveldt Wrote:

I'm on stable. Will try the beta tonight to see if it resolves the issue. I'm assuming I can backup from stable and then restore settings in beta right?

I just tried to install the beta and everything seemed fine in settings. Then when I went to my home screen it was just an empty gray screen. I can hear the GUI sounds, but can't see anything.
All good now. I did a fresh Kodi install and then applied the skin and it worked fine. As far as the issue goes, the lag is fixed, but sometimes it shows the wrong fanart in the background. For instance, I'll have Green Mile selected and it'll be showing the Inception top. There doesn't seem to be any way to reproduce it every time, but it does happen even after restarts.
(2017-02-09, 12:40)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 2) Instability with the view modes.
Since the last updates, for unknown reason, the view modes in some kodi windows (Kodi libraries / Addons etc) are changing suddenly to "Banner List" (Previously it was changing to "Big List 2" when it was happened)
Also in Live TV, sometimes it is changing to "Simple List (PVR)" instead of what I set.
(Force View is off)
I don't know how to reproduce it or what is the scenario that cause this.
- What could be the reason?
- Can you write to the log (Or at least in debug mode) when a view mode is changing and who request it? So maybe I can find the reason.
If forced views is off, this is out of control of the skin. Most probably there's some addon doing some stuff in the background causing this issue.
There is no way to tell (or write to log) what is doing that. Just start with a fresh Kodi setup and start adding your stuff one-by-one untill it starts happening again.
It seems that it less happens since the last days. I don't know what has been changed.
But addons can change also kodi's windows view mode? Does not it should affect only on their addons's view mode?

(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 3) Why when I set "Hide watched" in TV Shows library, it influences also on other addons?
Why there isn't a separation between them (Like there is for example between Movies and TV Shows Library regarding this setting)
That setting is global for the entire video library. It's not skin controlled so if you'd like to see it changed, submit a PR to Kodi or kindly ask it as a feature request on the general topics.
But still, between the movies and the TV shows there is a separation for that setting.
But I will ask them.

(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 4) Can you make the file name text in the Video Info dialog to be scrolled?
OK, will do but I'll warn upfront that it looks a bit cluttered. Available in next beta.
Thanks it's ok.
But can you do it so the "Filename:" string won't be part of the scrolling text?

(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 5) Regarding the Edit Menu shortcuts, why when choosing the widget "Use as widget" there is a force refresh option, while for the others (Skin helper service widgets) there isn't? (Is it built in already?)
For skin helper provided widgets this is builtin already. It will auto refresh when needed, e.g. when content was changed.
In general it's ok. But still, sometimes I see that some skin helper widget that haven't been updated, even when moving between the main menu items.
In this case I perform the "Reset Skin" operation that refresh it.

(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 9) Regarding the Shortcuts Editor: There is a bug with the "disable shortcut" option with menu items and submenu items:
It doesn't show the actually state for each item separately when moving over each one. For example, changing to item1 (or submenuitem1) and then moving to item2 (or submenuitem2) and changing it again. I actually don't know if subitem1 is disable or enable.
Will be fixed in next beta
Thanks.
I checked it and it's working good now.

(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 10) Regarding the list view modes, when doing right click on an item for opening the context menu and go over the items there the focused item is also change in the window according to the mouse cursor, so sometimes it takes another item instead of the one you right-click on it for a context-menu item operation. Can you disable/lock the movement in the window behind when the mouse cursor is go over the context menu items (for all the view modes)?
If the contentmenu is opened, the window underneath is already locked for input so what you describe should not happen. Also be aware that Kodi isn't built to be controlled by a mouse so there will always be glitches trying to work around that.
I think I understand what is happening.
It seems that the problem happens when you open another dialog.
At this specific moment, when the context menu is closed and the other dialog is opened, the window underneath is unlocked.
So the moving of the mouse from the context menu to the other dialog, is also moving the selected item underneath.
Is there any optional solution for this?

(2017-01-28, 17:06)burekas Wrote: 11) [BUG] Regarding the favorites items in the Favorites widget.
When I add an internal addon item to the favorites, it shows black background when I go over it, instead of the addon fanart.
(While when I add the addon itself to the favorites it does show its fanart as background)
Can you fix it so it will take the addon's fanart that it belongs to (Preferred option), or set it by the global background setting?

I will try that but I'm not so sure if that is possible. If I manage to find a workaround, it will be available in next beta.
First, basically it's good now.
All the internal addons that in the Favorites and have fanart, shows their fanart as background.
But There are stiil two open issues:
a. If the source addon doesn't have fanart, it shows black background instead of the Global background setting (Like as you do in the Videos Addons screen for example)
b. I set the background for "Favorites" main menu item as "None", but it shows black instead of the Global background setting.
(2017-02-09, 16:45)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 16:48)burekas Wrote: Where are the backup files are stored?
Previously you could choose folder location, now it just says "successfully".
And also, how can I delete other backups in the backups manger dialog?

By default, in the addondata folder. To change that path press the button "Open settings" in that same dialog.
To delete backups, delete the files from the backupfolder.
Thanks.
I thin that the text should be just "Settings" instead of "Open settings".
Because the location there also affect on where do you saves the backup files.
I messed up again. I accidently removed the "TV shows" from the menu?
How can I restore it?
I tried resetting the skin but no luck.
Regarding the "Global Background" setting:
Where is the: Random Movies & Tv Shows option? It's missing

It was set before but I chose something else in mistake, and I don't know where is it again.
(2017-02-12, 23:16)MediaGuy Wrote: I messed up again. I accidently removed the "TV shows" from the menu?
How can I restore it?

If you actually removed the library, you have to add it in the Kodi 'Files' section as a new source.

If you just removed the shortcut in Titan then: Configure Shortcuts -> Edit menu shortcuts -> Add -> Video Library -> TV Shows -> create menu item to here.
this page intentionally blank ;-)
(2017-02-13, 00:38)burekas Wrote: Regarding the "Global Background" setting:

It was set before but I chose something else in mistake, and I don't know where is it again.

Not 'Global Movies & TvShows background'?
Video 
(2017-02-13, 02:02)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 23:16)MediaGuy Wrote: I messed up again. I accidently removed the "TV shows" from the menu?
How can I restore it?

If you actually removed the library, you have to add it in the Kodi 'Files' section as a new source.

If you just removed the shortcut in Titan then: Configure Shortcuts -> Edit menu shortcuts -> Add -> Video Library -> TV Shows -> create menu item to here.
"TV shows" is listed in the left column of "Configure shortcuts", but it does't show on the home screen.

Items in the left hand column of "Configure shortcuts:
Movies
TV shows
Music
Weather
Pictures
Videos
Settings

Items show on the homescreen
Music
Pictures
Videos
Settings

So 3 out of 7 are missing
(2017-02-13, 02:07)oattes Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 00:38)burekas Wrote: Regarding the "Global Background" setting:

Not 'Global Movies & TvShows background'?
It wasn't in my list at the last time I checked.
I will check it again.
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11