• 115(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Hi Bob Smile

I just installed Leia branch and am having unable to save menu errors.

Here is my LOG

I hope all is well with you and your family.

Thank you!
Hi Mike, here's hoping things are well with you and your family Smile

Two things needed before I look into this properly (though there's a good chance initial reaction will be to create issue on git to ensure it's fixed before Leia branch is finalised):-

(1) Your log shows that you may not have made the necessary Leia-era script changes (for example, moving your overrides.xml to its new location) - please have a read of the readme.md and make sure all changes are made as there are breaking changes, then provide an updated log if you have to make any changes - particularly important to confirm whether the necessary changes have been made, as the log looks suspiciously like it's trying to load the overrides.xml from the wrong location for both cases...

(2) Please give steps to reproduce - in this case, what particular changes have you made that aren't being saved? (It looks like an attempt to change widget) Is this the only situation you're getting the error with?

Cheers Smile
All is really good with the SiLVO clan Big Grin

I moved the shortcuts folder to skin > extras > script.skinshortcuts (Full path on Windows is "C:\Users\SiLVO\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\Aeon-Nox-SiLVO\extras\script.skinshortcuts") but I noticed the error looking for it in userdata (wiki). I looked and unless I missed one, I do not appear to be using any removed controls but I did not yet add 3010 if that could be the issue Huh

I have not tried to mess with changing anything other than a Widget but will try to edit some other stuff Wink
Sorry, that's me forgetting the extra logging the Leia-era script currently has - it's highlighting not being able to find the completely-optional users overrides.xml so not a critical issue - please ignore me on that. Steps to reproduce/confirmation that it's (only?) when changing widget still highly useful Smile

(Usage of 3010 is entirely optional Wink)
It appears to be any change I make... move, add, delete, ect. I get the error popup but if I exit to main menu it is saving the changes other than I cannot select or change any backgrounds.

New LOG
Ok thanks. I think I have nearly enough info to open an issue on git to ensure this is fixed before Leia is finalised. One final question, and just to confirm what you mean by "but if I exit to main menu it is saving the changes" - you mean that you are able to save different items depending on whether you are editing the main menu or a sub menu?
If I add or edit any thing I see this:
but when I exit to home I see the building menu message from DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml and when finished the skin reloads and the menu is updated.

I did not previously check if the menu would update. It looks like the error popup is saying it is not saving when it is... Possibly related to the check for users overrides Huh
Thanks. This is the first issue on the Leia to-do list. It seems most likely from what I can see in the logs that this is linked to making labelID changes via the new 'attempt' method (which tries to do something - in this case to save shortcuts - and ensure that failure is fully logged).

I'd recommend subscribing to the issue linked above, as it will be noted there when the issue is fixed. And thanks for all the details you've provided Smile
I'm glad I was helpful in some way Smile

Will subscribe.

My thanks to you as well for the generosity with your time and assistance...

Sir Super Grandpa Bob Tongue
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here would have some time to review my mod and maybe try to help me solve the one bug im working on, and let me know if there are others.
I have started a thread with info, the skin and a debug log its all right here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307305
Hi Bob, hope all is well! I have a small feature request, or maybe I'm just doing some wrong. Smile

I'm trying to set a custom widget property that displays a set of numeric options. I've got the following code in my overrides.xml. The issue I'm having is that the label does not seem to recognize the $NUMBER[] code, it prints it out as part of the label. Can this be updated to recognize $NUMBER[]? I thought about just using Kodi's localized numbers for the numeric input dialog, but found it's not possible to combine two localized strings in the property's label field (label becomes blank in that case).

Code:
<property property="widgetLimit" label="$NUMBER[24]">$NUMBER[24]</property>

Thanks so much!
(2017-02-18, 23:07)braz Wrote: Hi Bob, hope all is well! I have a small feature request, or maybe I'm just doing some wrong. Smile

I'm trying to set a custom widget property that displays a set of numeric options. I've got the following code in my overrides.xml. The issue I'm having is that the label does not seem to recognize the $NUMBER[] code, it prints it out as part of the label. Can this be updated to recognize $NUMBER[]? I thought about just using Kodi's localized numbers for the numeric input dialog, but found it's not possible to combine two localized strings in the property's label field (label becomes blank in that case).

Code:
<property property="widgetLimit" label="$NUMBER[24]">$NUMBER[24]</property>

Thanks so much!

I'll happily add this to my to-do list, but be aware that development isn't happening at any measurable speed right now Smile

The different methods that the script uses to display the select dialog mean that whether Kodi interprets the labels (whether that be info's, localize's and number's) varies - it's worth double-checking whether simply using 'label="24"' works until I can look into and fix this properly Smile
Hi Bob, I'll add a request if do-able. Add a line in settings to be able to add our own visible condition for each menu item. Would save adding all the checks you already have for built in visible conditions for some buttons already.
(2017-02-19, 00:02)BobCratchett Wrote: I'll happily add this to my to-do list, but be aware that development isn't happening at any measurable speed right now Smile

The different methods that the script uses to display the select dialog mean that whether Kodi interprets the labels (whether that be info's, localize's and number's) varies - it's worth double-checking whether simply using 'label="24"' works until I can look into and fix this properly Smile
Thanks Bob, no rush. I also tried label="24" but that results in Kodi's localized string with that ID. For now I'll just define the numbers I need in the skin's language files.
(2015-10-09, 04:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: Talking about overrides. I'm trying to get a groupoverride working for all submenus, however I can't figure out a way to do it.

Basically I have this for the main menu (id 9000) which works perfectly
Code:
<groupoverride group="mainmenu" condition="true">SetProperty(FO9001,2,home)</groupoverride>

However, I can't get the same behaviour for the submenu
Code:
<groupoverride group="submenu" condition="true">SetProperty(FO9001,2,home)</groupoverride>

Removing the group="submenu" or leaving it empty doesn't seem to work.
Basically, I need a way to trigger an additional action before the onclick using
condition="!IsEmpty(Container(9002).ListItem.Property(isSubmenu))"
(2015-10-09, 09:24)BobCratchett Wrote: @jurialmunkey - I've just updated my open PR to make the 'group' optional for global overrides, so you can apply one to all shortcuts. Can you please test and let me know if it works. Cheers.
Hi Bob, I'm also trying to add a groupoverride for my submenu items and am running into the same problem described by jurialmunkey. It looks like there was a PR back in 2015 to make the group tag optional, but I can't get any groupoverride options to work unless I specify the group. Any ideas?
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8