• 413(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
I was getting the skin helper errors as well. I switched to estuary skin and uninstalled skin helper service and marcel's repo. I then switched back to madnox and installed the repo via a zip file and I was back in business. Madnox will prompt you over and over again to install skin helper with a popup. I kept saying no and did it via a zip file and all working again
(2017-02-21, 20:57)bsoriano Wrote: I think that the skin helper service errors have to do with the new version needing a new script that is probably not in the Kodi repo yet, script.module.metadautils. I'm pretty sure it is in Marcel's (skin helper service author) repo, so be sure o install it from there or from his GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart,

This is all very confusing. It looks like script.module.metadatautils used to be script.module.skin.helper.artutils. It's not in Marcelveldt's repository.

I guess older versions of skin helper service will use script.module.skin.helper.artutils and newer versions will use script.module.metadatautils. This is very hard to keep everything in sync if all the required scripts aren't in repositories.
I installed Madnox the other day on one of the Krypton nightly builds. I get an "unable to build menu." error. At this point, I'm left with no options. I can't even figure out a way to exit out of Kodi and get back to Windows. Since I have Kodi set to auto launch, rebooting the PC just takes me back to this menu-less Madnox home screen. Help. I'm stuck.
(2017-02-22, 04:09)elee532 Wrote: I installed Madnox the other day on one of the Krypton nightly builds. I get an "unable to build menu." error. At this point, I'm left with no options. I can't even figure out a way to exit out of Kodi and get back to Windows. Since I have Kodi set to auto launch, rebooting the PC just takes me back to this menu-less Madnox home screen. Help. I'm stuck.

You must install the skinshortcuts script before.
Now you must delete your guisettings.xml in your profil folder. Then you can set you config new.
(2017-02-19, 21:09)meowmoo Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 21:16)ArieS Wrote: Anyone using Madnox Krypton with LibreELEC?
I'm having some issues with the Alphabet Scroll Bar.
If I choose a letter, I see the spinning circle but then it doesn't jump to the chosen letter.

I have it working properly on my other machine which runs Windows 10.
I'm using the same version of skin.helper...
Any idea?

Works for me, just tried list and tripanel view

Lates librebeta, skinhelper from marcela beta repo, madnix from git
Erm, I'm using the exact same things yet it won't work with my C2...
I posted a log in Marcel's thread so hopefully he can help me out Sad
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2017-02-22, 03:11)relayer35 Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 20:57)bsoriano Wrote: I think that the skin helper service errors have to do with the new version needing a new script that is probably not in the Kodi repo yet, script.module.metadautils. I'm pretty sure it is in Marcel's (skin helper service author) repo, so be sure o install it from there or from his GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart,

This is all very confusing. It looks like script.module.metadatautils used to be script.module.skin.helper.artutils. It's not in Marcelveldt's repository.

I guess older versions of skin helper service will use script.module.skin.helper.artutils and newer versions will use script.module.metadatautils. This is very hard to keep everything in sync if all the required scripts aren't in repositories.

This is why I have said many times before. A new and up to date "HOw-To" is needed. There is far too many hoops to jump through before you can get a working and stable MadNox. And if you don't do things in the right order, You get screwed. Sorry for the negativity. I do appreciate all the work the Modders do. But it is always the little things that put end users off good work.
(2017-02-22, 11:54)ArieS Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 21:09)meowmoo Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 21:16)ArieS Wrote: Anyone using Madnox Krypton with LibreELEC?
I'm having some issues with the Alphabet Scroll Bar.
If I choose a letter, I see the spinning circle but then it doesn't jump to the chosen letter.

I have it working properly on my other machine which runs Windows 10.
I'm using the same version of skin.helper...
Any idea?

Works for me, just tried list and tripanel view

Lates librebeta, skinhelper from marcela beta repo, madnix from git
Erm, I'm using the exact same things yet it won't work with my C2...
I posted a log in Marcel's thread so hopefully he can help me out Sad

You can try to delete the simplecatch.db ( userdata/addondata/script.module.simplecatch)
(2017-02-22, 13:17)Oddsodz Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart,

This is why I have said many times before. A new and up to date "HOw-To" is needed. There is far too many hoops to jump through before you can get a working and stable MadNox. And if you don't do things in the right order, You get screwed. Sorry for the negativity. I do appreciate all the work the Modders do. But it is always the little things that put end users off good work.
You just need Marcels beta repo, yes it should be linkt in the first post, madnotells you to install all needed addons, after installing you just need to updated them via the beta repo

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart,

relayer35,

In case you don't have it yet, here is the link for metadatautils: https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.mo...master.zip

And here is the link for Marcel's repo: https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip

I have MadNox running both on Krypton and Leia under Windows 10 and with Marcel's beta repo, after the automatic update of February 20th of skin.helper.service, metadatautils was installed automatically from his repo and I don't have any skin helper service errors anymore.

Regards,

Bart
Mike D,

Could you please put the link to Marcel's beta repo on the first page of the forum, so everyone can find it and use it? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-02-22, 13:47)meowmoo Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 13:17)Oddsodz Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 03:11)relayer35 Wrote: Thanks Bart,

You just need Marcels beta repo, yes it should be linkt in the first post, madnotells you to install all needed addons, after installing you just need to updated them via the beta repo

Except Marcel's BETA repo does not have script.module.metadatautils

I was able to find it on GitHub, and once I installed it, I could update skin helper service from the repository, and the skin backgrounds script. But if you just let stuff auto update from the repo, it's going to break.

I agree that an up to date how-to guide is needed.
Because its a Dependencie add-on and should install with the rest of the skin.helper stuff.
I updated to krypton and just update all addons and everything work for me, maby just luky Tongue

When skin.helper is in the official repo it will be easier/better.
Hello. I've just upgraded my Kodi to Krypton and cant make my Madnox skin to work. I downloaded it from here. I copied it to Kodi\addons. And to Userprofile\Kodi\addons. And tried to install it from zip file. Nothing, it just doesnt appear in program skin list.

Please can someone tell me, what I do wrong, thanks?
(2017-02-22, 16:56)P1zdat1y Wrote: Hello. I've just upgraded my Kodi to Krypton and cant make my Madnox skin to work. I downloaded it from here. I copied it to Kodi\addons. And to Userprofile\Kodi\addons. And tried to install it from zip file. Nothing, it just doesnt appear in program skin list.

Please can someone tell me, what I do wrong, thanks?
You must activate it through your addons

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z1 mediante Tapatalk
(2017-02-22, 16:28)meowmoo Wrote: Because its a Dependencie add-on and should install with the rest of the skin.helper stuff.
I updated to krypton and just update all addons and everything work for me, maby just luky Tongue

When skin.helper is in the official repo it will be easier/better.

Well, that's the problem them, because that didn't happen. The skin helper auto updated and didn't update the dependency.

I got it squared away now, but only after manually installing the metadatautils from github.
  • 413(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39