• 10(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
And the filters for the albums are done. Here are the ones I came up with:

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hello Richard,

For the filters for album, does this suppose that you are on a screen that shows you all albums or just all the albums by a particular artist? if it is the latter, then a filter by artist would be needed in my opinion. All the others are great, as are the ones for artist.

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I am not home right now to check the screen flow on my iPad.

Thanks!

Bart
(2017-02-22, 15:24)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Richard,

For the filters for album, does this suppose that you are on a screen that shows you all albums or just all the albums by a particular artist? if it is the latter, then a filter by artist would be needed in my opinion. All the others are great, as are the ones for artist.

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I am not home right now to check the screen flow on my iPad.

Thanks!

Bart

When starting the music menu option you have 2 different views to choose from (view button). One for artists and one albums. Both show all. When you select an artist in the artists view you have a button albums, which shows you all albums of that artist.
When you select the view albums it will show you all albums.

I still need to do some things and then I will create a new build for testing with the music option in it.
Thanks! Then I guess it would be useful to have an Artists filter for albums, or maybe in the info dialog for the album a button that could take you to the other albums by the same artist. What do you think?

Regards,

Bart
(2017-02-22, 16:34)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks! Then I guess it would be useful to have an Artists filter for albums, or maybe in the info dialog for the album a button that could take you to the other albums by the same artist. What do you think?

Regards,

Bart

Hmmmm....I agree. A filter for the artist for the albums would be handy. It will be the same as the filter for the actors in the movies filter. It will then show an overview of all the artists and the number of albums it has.

I asked myself another question: give me all the albums on which the artist has a number? Besides the albums of the artist itself, there could be compilation albums on which the artist also has numbers (usually various artists albums). The tricky part is that when retrieving albums the compilation albums only have one artist id. So can't use that. They only way I could find out is to retrieve all the individual songs. Each song has an artistid and an albumid. The albumid I can match against the albums.
(2017-02-22, 16:34)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks! Then I guess it would be useful to have an Artists filter for albums, or maybe in the info dialog for the album a button that could take you to the other albums by the same artist. What do you think?

Regards,

Bart

Maybe that button is something to look into too. The one that gives you the other albums of that same artist.
It could be called "other albums".
(2017-02-22, 16:45)rschiks Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hmmmm....I agree. A filter for the artist for the albums would be handy. It will be the same as the filter for the actors in the movies filter. It will then show an overview of all the artists and the number of albums it has.

I asked myself another question: give me all the albums on which the artist has a number? Besides the albums of the artist itself, there could be compilation albums on which the artist also has numbers (usually various artists albums). The tricky part is that when retrieving albums the compilation albums only have one artist id. So can't use that. They only way I could find out is to retrieve all the individual songs. Each song has an artistid and an albumid. The albumid I can match against the albums.

I agree that would be tricky, especially for very large collections like mine (190k+ songs). I have more than 1 thousand compilation albums, and I also have a lot of albums where one track has more than one artist in it, which Kodi supports. Currently I am using the default separator between artists in my tags, which for Krypton is " / ". So potentially each song can have multiple artist ids.

Regards,

Bart
:-) I was doubting to make a songs views, and thus retrieving all songs for the reason most have quite a large library.

But.....even in your scenario I think it's doable, because my idea was to retrieve the absolute minimum amount of song data, which is around 40 bytes per song (need to verify that again).

190k * 40 bytes = ~ 7.5 MB. Doable over wifi. The remainder of the details of the songs will be fetched realtime.
Processing of the data will be done in the background. When you have a recent device (for the speed) I think it's no issue to make it even searchable.
But.....need to test it.
Oh, the multiple artistids won't be a problem, just like style, genre and mood I threat them already as multi values.
(2017-02-22, 23:09)rschiks Wrote: :-) I was doubting to make a songs views, and thus retrieving all songs for the reason most have quite a large library.

But.....even in your scenario I think it's doable, because my idea was to retrieve the absolute minimum amount of song data, which is around 40 bytes per song (need to verify that again).

190k * 40 bytes = ~ 7.5 MB. Doable over wifi. The remainder of the details of the songs will be fetched realtime.
Processing of the data will be done in the background. When you have a recent device (for the speed) I think it's no issue to make it even searchable.
But.....need to test it.

Thanks, sounds reasonable! I am ready to test with my iPad Air 2 whenever you are ready to release the code for testing.

Regards,

Bart
Richard,

This might be a very dumb question, so I apologize in advance. All of the properties for the music files (album, artist, etc.) you are reading directly from the Kodi music db, correct? Not from any tags in the files themselves? i just want to confirm that whatever I have in the Kodi music db is what will be reflected in Kyra. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-02-22, 23:29)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks, sounds reasonable! I am ready to test with my iPad Air 2 whenever you are ready to release the code for testing.

Regards,

Bart

Within the next couple of days I will create a new test build with the current music options to see if that's working out.
I am curious how this all works out for others, things like lyrics, music videos links, the processing time for retrieving all the artists and albums, etc.

Not all options I want for the music part are implemented, but it's a good foundation.

Since you can throw almost anything on the personal dashboard I need to add the ability you can select the items you want to have on the dashboard, because every item takes time to retrieve (if not cached already).
I can image people don't want to have everything and thus you can save time starting up the dashboard.
I also need to implement a sorting method for the items you can drag to the dashboard.
(2017-02-22, 23:32)bsoriano Wrote: Richard,

This might be a very dumb question, so I apologize in advance. All of the properties for the music files (album, artist, etc.) you are reading directly from the Kodi music db, correct? Not from any tags in the files themselves? i just want to confirm that whatever I have in the Kodi music db is what will be reflected in Kyra. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

You are assuming correct. I don't do anything with the tags from the files, I only retrieve info from Kodi.

If you want to have things like changing fan art of artists, albums or getting links to music videos of the songs, you need to have musicbrainz tags in place. Sites like fanart.tv (for the music part) only work with musicbrainz identifiers.
And of course you can add artists and albums to the personal dashboard.

Build 9 is now available.

The release notes:

- Music option added. The artists view gives you an overview of all the artists and albums they have. Detailed info like years active, styles, roles is available. You can change fan art and add artists to the personal dashboard. The albums views shows all albums. Lots of options here: the Kodi user rating can be used as a sorting option, show lyrics of a song (stored next to the song), watch the music video on YouTube (if link provided by theaudiodb.com), change fan art, add albums to the personal dashboard. And more!

If you want to be a part of the test team, please leave a message. You will automatically get the latest build to play with!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26