• 91(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2017-02-14, 00:00)YouGetbetter Wrote: What is HDFury?
A HDCP stripper, among other things.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-02-12, 02:10)LowDead Wrote: You can't send Atmos via optical. Only way I believe is to also get a HDFury Integral. I haven't tested an ordinary HDMI splitter but I think it will probably mess up with HDCP and such.

//LD

For non-HDR sources HDFury Integral may work.
For HDR sources it requires Integral+Linker: link AVSforum
Wink 
(2017-02-14, 00:00)YouGetbetter Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 02:10)LowDead Wrote: You can't send Atmos via optical. Only way I believe is to also get a HDFury Integral. I haven't tested an ordinary HDMI splitter but I think it will probably mess up with HDCP and such.

//LD

What is HDFury?

It is THE King of splitters Big Grin more info on HDFury Integral

//LD
(2017-02-14, 09:55)hansolo Wrote:

//LD

For non-HDR sources HDFury Integral may work.
For HDR sources it requires Integral+Linker: link AVSforum

Thanks for the info. Much appriciated!

//LD
KODI 17 keeps krashing on my Q10 Pro when i play music in party mode, sometimes after one song, sometimes after ~ 3.
I've tried multiple Krypton builds.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
A lot of other users admitted that Kodi 17 final is still a mile away from being final. Stick to Kodi 16.x, I did not even get the update to Kodi 17 on mine. I use SPMC as a backup anyway.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2017-02-18, 22:17)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: KODI 17 keeps krashing on my Q10 Pro when i play music in party mode, sometimes after one song, sometimes after ~ 3.
I've tried multiple Krypton builds.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
Hint - and Kodi 17.0 will likely keep crashing unless users help the Kodi devs to in turn help themselves....

This means submitting debug logs and posting up such issues on:

http://trac.kodi.tv/

Otherwise you are just shouting into the abyss and to be frank no one will care.

Kodi is a community project, everyone, (and that includes Futeko & HiMedia) should pitch in to help if they want to see bug fixes and improvements.

I this box better than the zoomtak vplus?
Zoomtak Vplus uses Amlogic S912. As it has been discussed before, S912 does not have proper software support, no matter what the vendor says. It depends a lot on what do you need it for. I had one, I got a Q10 Pro because of software support and because I want to get a received and a proper audio system. And this question has the answer in this topic http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2533649
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
@VelvetKevorkian
any progress on kodi 17 ? what about build 17.1 ? i have been really hesitating for a long time between minix u9 and q5 pro...i just want best PQ/audio and best soc for next year's kodi 18....
(2017-03-01, 08:13)nenito2k Wrote: @VelvetKevorkian
any progress on kodi 17 ? what about build 17.1 ? i have been really hesitating for a long time between minix u9 and q5 pro...i just want best PQ/audio and best soc for next year's kodi 18....

nope , at the moment the best solution is f/w 1.0.9 (Android 5) and kodi 16.1 or SPMC for auto swtich fps and DTS/DD audio pass-trough or use wrapper with himediaplayer.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
@looun and all Q pro owners !

1- I keep reading that people NEED/WANT to use kodi internal video player to watch movies....but why on earth would anyone do that, knowing PQ is better with wrapper/himedia player ?!

(anyway that is what 99.99% of people confirmed that PQ in kodi is not that good)

either i am stupid for asking Huh or missed a train Confused

2- is there any indication that a new firmware might be coming in march/april ? if so, what are the expected fixes ?
1. In the case of HiMedia, the PQ via external/native and Kodi players are the same as they both leverage the HiSilicon engine (it's PQ controls can be applied to native & Kodi)
2. HiMedia has been slow... the biggest issue remaining is lack of 23.976 support with 3D ISO's. Also rough edge w/most 3D ISO's for those with zero-overscan displays. MVC MKV isn't supported.
My HT
(2017-03-01, 20:54)hdmkv Wrote: 1. In the case of HiMedia, the PQ via external/native and Kodi players are the same as they both leverage the HiSilicon engine (it's PQ controls can be applied to native & Kodi)
So just like you would get with the Picture Post processing from a decent modern 4K TV if you enabled the appropriate video settings ?

Yep, and similar to digital processors like Darbee Darblet or VXP on Popcorn Hour boxes. HiMedia's is more on par with Darbee. The processors on modern displays vary in quality depending on manufacturer and model.
My HT
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8