Krypton support for Quartz (grassroots edition?)
while Quartz seems to have gotten forgotten by most Kodi users, it seems there are a few dedicated users out there. Unfortunately, most of these (me included) do not have the required skills to create a Krypton version of Quartz.

So I am proposing to pool together... Let's see what is necessary for a "minimum viable product". What do we need to do to get the current version of the Quartz skin (and we need to decide which one that is) and make the minimum required changes to at least get it selectable as a skin in Krypton. Any issues that will show up will then have to be dealt with. I anticipate however, that most of us to do not use all features, so just getting it working might be enough for most of us, which is a huge step up from what we can currently do, which is moving to another skin...

I'll go through the list here to see what needs to be done first, then I think we'll need someone who knows how to fork the most current skin to the Krypton version. (skin name Quartz_Krypton?)

Anybody willing to work with me on this?
any progress? did you create git?
I love Quartz - such a beautiful and simple skin. I don't have any skills to offer but wanted to voice my support for it...
(2017-01-09, 12:53)mediumdry Wrote: while Quartz seems to have gotten forgotten by most Kodi users, it seems there are a few dedicated users out there. Unfortunately, most of these (me included) do not have the required skills to create a Krypton version of Quartz.

So I am proposing to pool together... Let's see what is necessary for a "minimum viable product". What do we need to do to get the current version of the Quartz skin (and we need to decide which one that is) and make the minimum required changes to at least get it selectable as a skin in Krypton. Any issues that will show up will then have to be dealt with. I anticipate however, that most of us to do not use all features, so just getting it working might be enough for most of us, which is a huge step up from what we can currently do, which is moving to another skin...

I'll go through the list here to see what needs to be done first, then I think we'll need someone who knows how to fork the most current skin to the Krypton version. (skin name Quartz_Krypton?)

Anybody willing to work with me on this?

i am a programmer, with limited skinning skills, but i have taken the jarvis skin created by TPX001 (many thanks!) and made some initial changes.

i have it currently running in Krypton RC3.

i do not have much time so i will probably not get all the bugs out of it in the short term. but i have a start.
Hi guys, I'm currently busy with making some overall fixes to the skin (both on GUI and under the hood). Once the code is a bit more cleaned up (hopefully very soon) I'll start porting it to Krypton. Help is off course welcome. I've already made a new git repo (https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.krypton) where this skin will be hosted as th changes that have to be made to the skin seem breaking changes.
(2017-02-11, 18:22)TPX001 Wrote: Hi guys, I'm currently busy with making some overall fixes to the skin (both on GUI and under the hood). Once the code is a bit more cleaned up (hopefully very soon) I'll start porting it to Krypton. Help is off course welcome. I've already made a new git repo (https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.krypton) where this skin will be hosted as th changes that have to be made to the skin seem breaking changes.

TPX001, if you want i can send you the zip of my version. or would you rather have me work on the git version?
Did some more testing and tweaking on the skin. the skin is pretty usable in Krypton if everything is set up (movie locations, installed add ons, etc) but if you start from scratch there are a couple of dialogs that need some more work
Thank You. pls let us know when we can test and download it.
(2017-02-17, 18:53)maherc Wrote: Thank You. pls let us know when we can test and download it.

there is one problem i would like to fix before sending the first beta out there :

i still are not able to get a one button dialogue to display correctly. it displays the single button not in the centre but to the left (exactly where the OK button in a ok/cancel dialogue would be)

my limited skinning skills are not enough to make this work

any help would be appreciated
(2017-03-07, 15:41)mb286 Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 18:53)maherc Wrote: Thank You. pls let us know when we can test and download it.

there is one problem i would like to fix before sending the first beta out there :

i still are not able to get a one button dialogue to display correctly. it displays the single button not in the centre but to the left (exactly where the OK button in a ok/cancel dialogue would be)

Link to your code, please
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi everyone!

Just letting you know that there is a new topic for krypton support: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309612 So far the skin works but there are some glitches/bugs to be found. The skin is working though.. Big Grin

You can download the skin here: https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.krypton
Report an issue here: https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.krypton/issues

Kind regards!
(2017-03-10, 22:04)pecinko Wrote:
(2017-03-07, 15:41)mb286 Wrote:

Link to your code, please

code is here : https://github.com/mb286/skin.quartz.krypton

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton support for Quartz (grassroots edition?)0