• 302(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-03-06, 22:23)cyber201 Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 20:43)oldpainless Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 18:56)cyber201 Wrote: Are you sure?
I will try to load the config with the latest madvr version later....
maybe aracnoz can help us

Ok, well not updated this end anyway - not sure if its just me.

K

My Kodi DSPlayer load the madVR profile correctly. I run the latest madVR 0.91.7 and I used the DSPlayer 64bit of the first post.

Hmm,ok.

In Kodi player settings, do you have Load and Save with dsplayer Database selected? If so, when playing a movie and you press M, and go into the video settings, and select Scaling Algos's, you are able to select the new NGU AA or Sharp on screen?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
@oldpainless,

Work for me

Check if you have more recent version script

http://files.xbmcbrasil.net/Scripts/scri...ttings.zip

Version 1.0.1
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2017-03-07, 12:34)Wanilton Wrote: @oldpainless,

Work for me

Version 1.0.1

Thanks Wanilton - all sorted.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-03-07, 12:34)Wanilton Wrote: @oldpainless,

Work for me

Version 1.0.1

Where do I put the scripts in?
your neighborhood beta tester
(2017-03-07, 00:43)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 02:56)kusanagi Wrote: I tried a 16:9 (1.77:1) SD video with my settings and I had no trouble with madVR upscaling algorithms. For example, in my test video I could easily notice a difference between madVR's "nearest neighbors" and "bilinear" image upscaling options when I rotated them within kodi.

I leave here images with my settings:

Image Image Image Image

In summary, I specify an aspect ratio of 16:9, check the option to don't do aspect ratio correction, use default settings in "borders" tab, and change resize algorithm (luma method), under "settings" tab, to none. I also uploaded my xysubfilter settings just in case. Smile

If you try these options, let me know how they work for you Wink
Ok, the trick was to have resize settings set to "none". There is still a problem preventing this to be a "for all situation" solution. I tried with some DVD that were 720x576 (PAL) anamorphic. So although the 720x576 is 4:3 it's displayed as 16:9 because it's encoded with that aspect ratio. In that case ffdshow gets confused, adding bars to the sides, where none would be needed. I haven't managed to find a combination of settings that solved this.

Unfortunately, right now I don't have a sample video encoded like yours, but I would try this:

First, In ffdshow raw video filter create a new profile (image 1) and configure its "Preset autoload conditions" to load on "picture aspect ratio match = aspect>16/9" (image 2). Also make sure to check "Automatic preset loading".
Image Image
After all, we just want to add black bars up and down to solve the subtitle problem. For us its not necessary to add black bars on the sides...

Then, configure the new profile with the options mentioned in previous posts for "Resize & aspect" tab.
Finally, disable "Resize & aspect" tab for Default profile.
Image Image

I hope it works. Confused
Thanks. There certainly are a lot of options one could configure for this, but I'm finding that with SD material, which more often than not has strange aspect ratio/pixel count it keeps on failing. I have, for instance a 2.45:1 file with resolution 720x406. In this case the black bars are drawn to fill the 16:9 screen but they are smaller than needed, with the resulting picture having the wrong aspect ratio (as the movie picture fills the space left by the black bars but it's too big).
My xySubsfilter + VSfilter combination is more "fire & forget".
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
As opposed to having any problems, I'd just like to thank and congratulate the folks who have kept the development and improvement of DSPlayer going. I've used Zoom Player for years, with MadVR, as an external player first in Emby, then in Kodi. About once a year, or with every new major Kodi upgrade, I've tried DSPlayer again, hoping it would fill my needs -- because it just seems so much more streamlined and smooth to use an internal player without having to give up MadVR. Each time, I would have problems with adjusting frame rate, freezing, and/or subtitle placement. Back I would go to my external player.

Finally, with this latest version, I can happily switch to DSPlayer on a permanent basis! (As permanent as anything can be in the home theater world!) The secrets that work for me: use Kodi instead of MadVR for adjusting frame rate; use VSFilter (directvobsub) for subtitles that will show the proper size on all videos. These might have worked a long time ago, but I never came across the hints that would lead me to try them. (Windows 7 Pro 32bit, AMD 6450 Graphics, Panasonic Plasma 65" TV)

I'm a recurring Kodi donor, but is there any way to make a donation that will specifically benefit DSPlayer development?
(2017-03-08, 02:12)pagali Wrote: As opposed to having any problems, I'd just like to thank and congratulate the folks who have kept the development and improvement of DSPlayer going. I've used Zoom Player for years, with MadVR, as an external player first in Emby, then in Kodi. About once a year, or with every new major Kodi upgrade, I've tried DSPlayer again, hoping it would fill my needs -- because it just seems so much more streamlined and smooth to use an internal player without having to give up MadVR. Each time, I would have problems with adjusting frame rate, freezing, and/or subtitle placement. Back I would go to my external player.

Finally, with this latest version, I can happily switch to DSPlayer on a permanent basis! (As permanent as anything can be in the home theater world!) The secrets that work for me: use Kodi instead of MadVR for adjusting frame rate; use VSFilter (directvobsub) for subtitles that will show the proper size on all videos. These might have worked a long time ago, but I never came across the hints that would lead me to try them. (Windows 7 Pro 32bit, AMD 6450 Graphics, Panasonic Plasma 65" TV)

I'm a recurring Kodi donor, but is there any way to make a donation that will specifically benefit DSPlayer development?

There a donation button on post #1.
I noticed an interesting problem. When ever accessing NHL hockey streams, there is no audio. When I go on the stream settings, audio stream is frayed and it says none. I have a windows 10 pc bitstreaming via hdmi. When. I tried it on my android tablet, the sound works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
(2017-03-07, 19:21)supersmilers Wrote: @supersmilers

Where do I put the scripts in?
[/quote]

It should auto update from the repo, mine, for some reason took a while for the update to kick in.

K
Hello everyone,

I am using dsplayer Kodi Krypton version from the first beta release with great satisfaction (thanks for the people who maintain it).

But there is something that really annoys me about the player behaviour.
When some OSD menu is displayed during playback (for example when skipping forward with the display of the timeline bar on the bottom), the whole movie picture becomes "greyish" for 3 - 4 seconds, then the contrast returns to normal once the OSD info disappears.

This does not happen with Kodi native player.

Is there an option somewhere that can disable this ?
Does it comes from madvr or dsplayer ?
(2017-03-08, 23:32)san70 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am using dsplayer Kodi Krypton version from the first beta release with great satisfaction (thanks for the people who maintain it).

But there is something that really annoys me about the player behaviour.
When some OSD menu is displayed during playback (for example when skipping forward with the display of the timeline bar on the bottom), the whole movie picture becomes "greyish" for 3 - 4 seconds, then the contrast returns to normal once the OSD info disappears.

This does not happen with Kodi native player.

Is there an option somewhere that can disable this ?
Does it comes from madvr or dsplayer ?

Try going to kodi system settings > Display, then disable "Use limited colour range (16-235)". You will see that option with expert settings enabled.
(2017-03-08, 23:47)kusanagi Wrote: Try going to kodi system settings > Display, then disable "Use limited colour range (16-235)". You will see that option with expert settings enabled.

It works, thanks a lot !!
any new compile on horizon my DVB Subtitles on live PVR do not show in menu for selection but they are there, becouse with ordinary nightly theyre showing up just fine any solutuions? i hope u sort this up till next final at 17.1 Smile i really need to fix up my cable low bitrate tv stations with NGU Upscaler xD

have a nice rest of the day bye
getting a couple of bugs with this version, one I think it krypton which was fixed with a later version, one is defo DS though.

1. When I press the video menu there is an an overlay which lightens the screen until the gui disapears again, krypton was also doing this with an older version.

2. Sometimes i DS doesnt drop back to correct desktop resolution. I have DS set as 1080p so it plays my 1080p stuff in 1080p and does not upscale as I am sure my TV 4K OLED does a better of job. When I close DS though my desktop sometimes remains 1080p

any help would be useful.

Thanks.
  • 302(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47