• 499(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2017-03-09, 05:16)Wasse Wrote: I'm running Ubuntu Server 16.04.... Everything works perfectly (after setting up the correct EFI Boot from the FAQ)

BUT, the Server doesn't won't boot, UNLESS I have some kind of Video Output connected. If I have HDMI/DP connected, it will boot fine. But if I don't... It won't boot.

If I try to connect an HDMI cable to it after it's already tried it's booting, it will flicker a "Graphics Console Started" on the screen off and on, but still won't boot the server.

Any ideas?
known issue with current UEFI firmware, have test firmware that will fix headless booting but not hotplugging after the fact. send me an email and will get you the update
(2017-03-09, 05:21)Matt Devo Wrote: known issue with current UEFI firmware, have test firmware that will fix headless booting but not hotplugging after the fact. send me an email and will get you the update

Sent to your email. Thank you good sir Smile
Hi Matt, I got a second CN60 and have installed the 02/21/2017 UEFI and can't get Windows 7 to install (on my first CN60 I was able to intstall Win7 with a custom USB3.0 iso using legacy seabios).

How do I go back to the seabios (is it RW_LEGACY firmware)? I've tried from the current firmware script but the UEFI stays around after rebooting.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this stuff.
(2017-03-09, 17:34)live4ever Wrote: Hi Matt, I got a second CN60 and have installed the 02/21/2017 UEFI and can't get Windows 7 to install (on my first CN60 I was able to intstall Win7 with a custom USB3.0 iso using legacy seabios).

How do I go back to the seabios (is it RW_LEGACY firmware)? I've tried from the current firmware script but the UEFI stays around after rebooting.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this stuff.

boot Linux from USB, and run my Firmware Utility Script. From the main menu, first choose the unlock option (u), then choose option 3, flash Full ROM firmware. It will then give you the option of Legacy (L) or UEFI (U) firmware. Then reboot and install
That worked perfect thank you very much!
Weirdness.... I've been hopping back and forth from SteamOS to gallium installations (and of course, my backed config with openelec), with a bit of the latest Ubuntu distro from a disk, trying to find a combination that works best for what I want to do with my CN60 ( big middle finger to Krypton and ifo reads ). I'm still in the Legacy bios after the hdmi handshake issues I experienced with the UEFI bios and my hardware.

That's been fine with what I'm doing until I tried to load a copy of Peppermint OS (7). That loads to the Pep install menu just fine, but then throws a "not enough memory to load specified image" when trying to run from the same 128 g usb that Ubuntu has been working on. It says the same with any attempt to install, test, etc.

I tried their 64 bit, 32, burned as iso, dd, etc..all the same. Their docs say it should run in a Legacy mode bios (as well as UEFI support). Have you seen this issue before with other Lubuntu based forms? Will it only work with UEFI installed?
(2017-03-10, 03:52)SandmanUT Wrote: Weirdness.... I've been hopping back and forth from SteamOS to gallium installations (and of course, my backed config with openelec), with a bit of the latest Ubuntu distro from a disk, trying to find a combination that works best for what I want to do with my CN60 ( big middle finger to Krypton and ifo reads ). I'm still in the Legacy bios after the hdmi handshake issues I experienced with the UEFI bios and my hardware.

That's been fine with what I'm doing until I tried to load a copy of Peppermint OS (7). That loads to the Pep install menu just fine, but then throws a "not enough memory to load specified image" when trying to run from the same 128 g usb that Ubuntu has been working on. It says the same with any attempt to install, test, etc.

I tried their 64 bit, 32, burned as iso, dd, etc..all the same. Their docs say it should run in a Legacy mode bios (as well as UEFI support). Have you seen this issue before with other Lubuntu based forms? Will it only work with UEFI installed?

Peppermint OS 7 boots perfectly fine here for me on both UEFI and Legacy firmware when the ISO is written in dd mode - if you're having an issue it's either with your download or your USB stick or something else specific to your setup
(2017-03-10, 05:56)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 03:52)SandmanUT Wrote: Weirdness.... I've been hopping back and forth from SteamOS to gallium installations (and of course, my backed config with openelec), with a bit of the latest Ubuntu distro from a disk, trying to find a combination that works best for what I want to do with my CN60 ( big middle finger to Krypton and ifo reads ). I'm still in the Legacy bios after the hdmi handshake issues I experienced with the UEFI bios and my hardware.

Peppermint OS 7 boots perfectly fine here for me on both UEFI and Legacy firmware when the ISO is written in dd mode - if you're having an issue it's either with your download or your USB stick or something else specific to your setup

For reference, for anyone that finds this down the road searching the same phrase, the solution was/is based on the bios. Although I was using your (Matt's) script, I was using probably an older version (since the UEFI didn't work out for me and I had reverted). Updating via option 1 did not solve the problem. Reflashing the full version and this time selecting Legacy fixed the issue Peppermint was having. 64 bit loaded right in after the restart with no issues at all.

No changes to the thumb drive, usb port or POS image, just a full reload (update?) of the Bios did the trick. Smile
Thanks Matt, i installed de new Bios and reinstall Windows and now de HDMI audio is working fine with the latest Intel HD drivers.
(2017-03-01, 06:44)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 06:31)dukem Wrote: Hi All. This may not be the right place to post but I wanted to rule out this being a problem with LibreElec 8 on my chromebox. In the previous version of Kodi (jarvis) after a suspend, the library would get updated. This allowed me to leave the box in standby mode instead of shutting it down. All this so I didn't have to get up from the couch to press the 'on' button and could do it via my harmony remote.

However after the krypton update, it seems that the 'update library on startup' doesn't seem to work after a 'resume'. Does anyone know if this is because of the way libreelec/chromebox is handling the resume vs startup or is this a Kodi problem?

The other kodi install I have is a windows box but it always gets shutdown and not suspended so i can't test it.

Thanks!

sounds like a change to LE's resume behavior, since Kodi isn't aware of it to my knowledge. The easy fix is probably just to add a command to a suspend/resume script to call the library update on resume, but I'm not sure how to do that offhand. I'd make on a post on the LE forums and I can press the issue in the team slack channel if you don't get a quick reply

Thanks Matt, I created a thread a couple days ago and no reply. Can I get your help pushing in the slack channel Smile
(2017-03-11, 06:35)dukem Wrote: Thanks Matt, I created a thread a couple days ago and no reply. Can I get your help pushing in the slack channel Smile

issue raised Smile
(2017-03-11, 08:48)Matt Devo Wrote: issue raised Smile

Thanks!
Hi Matt,

Is there any short/ long term benefit in a standalone LE scenario why it would worth the hassle to update from legacy boot firmware to UEFI firmware?

Thanks!
(2017-03-11, 14:52)olympia Wrote: Hi Matt,

Is there any short/ long term benefit in a standalone LE scenario why it would worth the hassle to update from legacy boot firmware to UEFI firmware?

Thanks!

the only benefit currently would be that the graphics init in the UEFI firmware overall has better compatibility with newer/4K displays. I'd say backup/update firmware/reinstall/restore only when it becomes necessary, or if you're going to switch to Windows
This thread is dangerously close to 500 pages.

Edit: that did the trick.
  • 499(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37