• 10(current)
Mod Arctic: Zephyr Plus (updated 18-03-2017)
Hi, love this mod a great job, which xml do I need to edit to make changes to the big icons view? I just want to add a bit of information to that view I'm capable of adding what I want to add just don't know which xml file it is?? I've looked through each view xml but when adding things to them I cannot get it to appear on the big icons view. Thanks
(2017-03-17, 23:04)LeeH1988 Wrote: Hi, love this mod a great job, which xml do I need to edit to make changes to the big icons view? I just want to add a bit of information to that view I'm capable of adding what I want to add just don't know which xml file it is?? I've looked through each view xml but when adding things to them I cannot get it to appear on the big icons view. Thanks

In default skin it is View_53_Poster.xml

You'll find the grouplist with the plot etc at the bottom of the file.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
KODser, an observation I made. After deleting the folder 1080i from jurialmunkey original skin, I copied your 1080i folder over to his, and everything is buttery smooth with Cd art animation working etc...
(2017-03-18, 15:33)robjbw Wrote: KODser, an observation I made. After deleting the folder 1080i from jurialmunkey original skin, I copied your 1080i folder over to his, and everything is buttery smooth with Cd art animation working etc...
Well, that is really strange. bit if it did the trick, great. The problem is that you don't have all the images, translation, etc that are on other folders. example-> ratings logos. If you have the time and patience, try adding those extras step by step and see what changes the smoothness, if it changes at all... Really strange thing that you are experiencing. if all the content is the same and the speeds are different it doesn't make any sense.

Sorry I can't be more helpful
Best regards
KODser, I found the problem. At least at my end. In your "media" folder, I noticed that there wasn't any .xml file. So I copied it over those .xml files from your "colors folder". And that did the trick. I noticed that with jurialmunkey skin, the .xml files corresponding to skin color are in in the "media" folder. But not in yours. When there's no .xml files in that folder, that's when the scrolling stutters terribly in poster wall "view". Thanks for replying and giving me a tip in copying files over.
You are talking about two different folders. on the jurialmunkey media folder you can have .xbt files (compressed images) or if you update the original skin with the latest GitHub version, you have the xbt and all the images already extracted. on the media folder there isn't supposed to be any xml file on my mod or on the original skin
On the colors folder I have exactly the same thing as jurialmunkey.
I'm not understanding what you did, but i'm glad that worked

Best Regards

EDIT - Updates

Sorry, meant to say .xbt files. They exist in jurialmunkey media folder, but not in yours media folder (Github). So, I copied his xbt files to your media folder. Sorry for the confusion. Quick question is, will your skin be in a repo so updates can be automatically installed? Thanks.
They are texture files - they compress all the pngs into a file that is easier and thus quicker to read by kodi (therefore improving performance) . You can make your own textures file with the kodi texturepacker tool
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-19, 02:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: They are texture files - they compress all the pngs into a file that is easier and thus quicker to read by kodi (therefore improving performance) . You can make your own textures file with the kodi texturepacker tool
didn't know that the compressed texture files would make such a difference in performance, at least for some people. I didn't make one because of the constant updates. I will make a xbt file and upload it to GitHub tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, I would never guess the problem was the compress vs uncompressed
@KODser
May I ask 2 Things, until now I haven't had any Problems but with the latest Update I'm missing a few things, for one the new Sets Info Page doesn't seem to work properly, it doesn't open in a new Windows like normally if you Tap on Info rather it Overlays it which makes it unreadable.

Secondly, on your 3rd Pic here (http://imgur.com/a/GFShV#gk3pa60) it Shows you have a few additional Options like Animated Fanart, Extra Fanart and Animated Poster. These Options are missing altogether. I've uploaded 2 Pics, it's in German but I think you can see that the Options are Missing and the Views are set the same.
http://imgur.com/a/YjEwS

Maybe you happen to know anything, would really help me :-)
(2017-03-19, 16:38)D-m-x Wrote: @KODser
May I ask 2 Things, until now I haven't had any Problems but with the latest Update I'm missing a few things, for one the new Sets Info Page doesn't seem to work properly, it doesn't open in a new Windows like normally if you Tap on Info rather it Overlays it which makes it unreadable.

Secondly, on your 3rd Pic here (http://imgur.com/a/GFShV#gk3pa60) it Shows you have a few additional Options like Animated Fanart, Extra Fanart and Animated Poster. These Options are missing altogether. I've uploaded 2 Pics, it's in German but I think you can see that the Options are Missing and the Views are set the same.
http://imgur.com/a/YjEwS

Maybe you happen to know anything, would really help me :-)
It seems that the animated artwork wasn't working on the update that I did 3-4 days ago.
That and the overlap should be fixed now
Awesome as always. You're the best, thanks.
Seems to be working now, only the Animate Fanart Option didnt do anything as far as i could tell but that could be my mistake, will look on that later. The animate Poster is really awesome i didnt know you could even do that lol.
By far the greatest Skin(Mod).
(2017-03-19, 19:34)D-m-x Wrote: Awesome as always. You're the best, thanks.
Seems to be working now, only the Animate Fanart Option didnt do anything as far as i could tell but that could be my mistake, will look on that later. The animate Poster is really awesome i didnt know you could even do that lol.
By far the greatest Skin(Mod).
There aren't animated artwork for all movies. you can see what is on the database (that skinhelper downloads automatically-it takes some time) on the poster side here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727
the fanarts, when they exist, could come from other sources (like reddit)
but you can choose whatever animated artwork you want on the contextmenu even choose artwork that is on you hardrive

Thanks mate, but there are other mods that are pretty good too

EDIT- I forgot to update one file on gitub so the animated fanarts could work on the background. they should be working now
I can get something to work on the first time, or the second...xD
(2017-03-18, 22:58)KODser Wrote: You are talking about two different folders. on the jurialmunkey media folder you can have .xbt files (compressed images) or if you update the original skin with the latest GitHub version, you have the xbt and all the images already extracted. on the media folder there isn't supposed to be any xml file on my mod or on the original skin
On the colors folder I have exactly the same thing as jurialmunkey.
I'm not understanding what you did, but i'm glad that worked

Best Regards

EDIT - Updates

Hi

Widget issue i think. When you watch a film or TV show from recently added. Once watched it does remove itself from the main menu screen, Is that something that could be added, I know other skins have this working or have I missed a setting or plugin ?

Thanks
How can I see the sets info page .Thanks
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr Plus (updated 18-03-2017)6