• 89(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
I'm not sure if my Mi box had this problem before but almost every time I try to start a YouTube video it's just a gray blank screen and I have to click back, and try again, and it hopefully starts. Often YouTube crashes after a few minutes again. Anyone else that has this problem?
No, Works perfectly on mine and always has. Uninstall and re-install might help.
(2017-03-31, 22:09)bigmachingon Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 21:33)BenPrater28 Wrote: Just tough I would say that you can the Mi Box for £69 at the moment ($85) which makes it very good value for money. Compared to the 100$ price that everyone talks about.
On sale at - https://TheSolutionShop.co.uk/product/Mi-Box/
The mi box it's 70 USD in walmart, he's talking about 100 CAD

that's including the tax paid in Bellingham, WA. I guess that's not fair to calculate considering I wasn't charged duty at CDN Border. Its $109 in Vancouver plus its easier to return. Walmart has 15 day return policy and here its 3 months. Also have to be careful. US electronic goods are not Manufacturer Warrantied in Canada. But, in fairness, haven't had any hardware problem.
I guess I've finished playing Devil's Advocate. It is worth $100 CDN. If I needed a gaming machine the Shield at $280 would have been preferable. But for playing videos only not worth it. Plus I don't use Netflix, Kodi or any other App. Just Plex and SPMC for videos files.
(2017-03-31, 21:38)Vispen74 Wrote: Live TV over the air is works extremely well with Android as forend. There is several apps for this. It is our only TV solution home and we can watch TV on every computer, phone, tablet, Mi box connected TV and our Android-TV. Even on the run from the car for example. It couldn't be better. We are using Tvheadend as backend.

The mi box is doing a good job here!

I wish more makers of TVs and boxes are going for Android TV, so the app development goes faster.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i

Interesting. I've found the Mi Box to be disappointing for Live TV. I'm comparing directly with the Raspberry Pi 3, which I find to be superior for Live TV. Motion is smoother and antialiasing is cleaner. My backend is WMC with an HDHomerun Prime. I've tried the HDHomerun app (outside Kodi), and the results are the same. I'm hoping Xiaomi will improve high definition MPEG2 decoding in an update, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
I believe @Vispen74 is either using the Live Channels App with IPTV Channels or TvH Beta or is only viewing SD TV with Kodi Krypton, even that is not the best. You need to use SPMC (Jarvis)

TvH and Kodi Krypton - PVR's deinterlacing is broken on ALL Android Kodi platforms at the moment.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and Live TV on the RPi3 or AMLogic S905(x) platforms will be far superior.

Is anyone's Netflix giving errors when attempting to stream 4k video? HD videos stream fine, but UHD videos give me an error. I've uninstalled/re-installed. I've logged out of Netflix and logged back in. Nothing fixes it.

Sent from my Pixel XL
(2017-04-02, 17:44)insync44 Wrote: No, Works perfectly on mine and always has. Uninstall and re-install might help.

A reinstall in Android TV doesn't seem to be possible, at least not for a system app. However I cleared the cache and it seems to be working better, at least for now.
(2017-04-03, 05:33)DirgeExtinction Wrote: Is anyone's Netflix giving errors when attempting to stream 4k video? HD videos stream fine, but UHD videos give me an error. I've uninstalled/re-installed. I've logged out of Netflix and logged back in. Nothing fixes it.

Sent from my Pixel XL (typie typie)

could it be that there is not enough bandwidth reaching the MiBox to play 4k?
Any chances in future updates for autoswitching refresh rate? possible in this hardware ?
Hi to all,
I just buy the TV box from Xiaomi, It's a one week that I test this device and I find a problem with the last verion of Kodi from play store.
When I try to play a trailer the trailier never start. I try to read in this thread but I don't find a similar problem.
Can someone help me to under stand the problem?
Quick question for the people using the USB to ethernet adapter. Are you having any issues playing a Blu-ray rip with HD audio? Is it consistent?

Are all USB to ethernet adapters the same?

Thanks

(2017-04-04, 16:37)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Quick question for the people using the USB to ethernet adapter. Are you having any issues playing a Blu-ray rip with HD audio? Is it consistent?

Thanks

I rarely use my MiBox, but just ran a test using my Avatar BlueRay rip, playing with the latest version of SPMC . I have this USB Ethernet adapter (Plugable USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset,), and the movie is playing perfectly with HD audio. My Denon AVR is showing "DTS-HD MA"

Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 39.7 GiB
Duration : 2 h 41 min
Overall bit rate : 35.2 Mb/s
Movie name : Avatar

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=24
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 spf)
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Delay relative to video : 2 ms
Title : Surround 5.1
Default : Yes
Yes like @clarkss12 has used....
  • ASIX AX88772 Chipset - USB to Ethernet Adapters such as this cheap (Apple clone) one have been confirmed working on the Mi Box
  • Other ASIX AX compatible adapters listed HERE and HERE

(2017-04-04, 17:22)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 16:37)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Quick question for the people using the USB to ethernet adapter. Are you having any issues playing a Blu-ray rip with HD audio? Is it consistent?

Thanks

I rarely use my MiBox, but just ran a test using my Avatar BlueRay rip, playing with the latest version of SPMC . I have this USB Ethernet adapter (Plugable USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset,), and the movie is playing perfectly with HD audio. My Denon AVR is showing "DTS-HD MA"

Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 39.7 GiB
Overall bit rate : 35.2 Mb/s
Movie name : Avatar

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=24
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Default : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 spf)
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Delay relative to video : 2 ms
Title : Surround 5.1
Default : Yes

(2017-04-04, 17:39)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes like @clarkss12 has used....
  • ASIX AX88772 Chipset - USB to Ethernet Adapters such as this cheap (Apple clone) one have been confirmed working on the Mi Box
  • Other ASIX AX compatible adapters listed HERE and HERE

Good info guys thanks.

I was hoping the adapter info was on the first but it wasn't. Maybe we can get that added so we can reference it?

(2017-03-20, 14:28)noggin Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 13:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Sounds like someone has not done their pre-purchase product research. No refresh rate switching is a well known issue.

Have you contacted Xiaomi to express your displeasure or returned the device ? Wink

Lack of refresh rate switching is one thing. Not having support for 23.976 is another... (Using sync playback to display is an option - but only if you don't mind losing bitstream/passthrough ?)
I asked one person from ebay who sell Nougut 7.0 update about autoswiching and he answered me like this

Quote:Yes, with the proper equipment in the stream, you can expect the Nougat version to correctly implement autoswitching.

It now works in my environment, with Nougat, where before with 6.0 it failed.
Is it true I do not know, maybe he answered like this to sell this update Smile but maybe this is true.

I bought MiBox few days ago, of course I know all about this box, about no autoswitching refresh rate, no support for playback 4K H.264/AVC @60fps (for example in Big Buck Bunny 4K 60fps clip)
But after few days of testing I can say overall it's great little box with very nice build quality (very good plastics) remote is also awesome, but I decided to return it to shop because I won auction with used Nvidia Shield TV 16GB (2015 model) still on warranty, I will sell controller from Shield (using Harmony, for voice search I will use PS3 Eye mic) and total cost for used Shield TV will be similar to new MiBox Smile
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21