Release TheAudioDBSync - Sync your music ratings from the cloud

This Add-on allows you to sync your Music Album and Track ratings to Kodi both to and from TheAudioDB website. It works similar to how the Trakt.tv Add-on does with video files.

Basically you can rate any tunes and albums you like, then those are pushed up or down to Kodi to allow you to see good tracks, filter by the best tracks etc.

This could be useful for anyone wanting to harmonize music ratings over several Kodi clients, or simply to keep a backup of ratings in the "cloud". Never loose your ratings again!

Features
- Supports both album and track personal ratings
- Schedule a regular sync
- Sync on Kodi startup
- Sync ratings to multiple Kodi clients
- Very fast!

Instructions
Rate any albums or tracks inside Kodi or on the TADB website out of 10 by clicking the star feature.
Install Add-on in Kodi with the install from zip option
Configure your username in Add-on settings
Configure your API token (which can be found on the TADB website under your user profile, login and click your name in the top right menu)
Run Add-on

Download
https://github.com/zag2me/script.theaudi...master.zip

Warning
Careful with the "Do not upload zero ratings" feature.
This is enabled by default and should be kept enabled at all times unless you really want to potentially wipe your cloud TADB ratings from your local Kodi install

TIP: If you just want to test out, try adding the username as "zag" and running the sync. You should get ratings for the top 5 songs for a load of popular artists.

TIP2: If you have a friend who is on the site and has rated music, just add their username to the Add-on settings to get their ratings imported. A great way to share good music suggestions!

WARNING: This Add-on has the possibility to add lots of track and album ratings to your local music library. Obivously use with care.
As posted elsewhere, i'm loving the idea and i'm hoping it will be possible to also
use my ratings i already have in my Kodi library to update my TADB account ratings.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-04-02, 23:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: As posted elsewhere, i'm loving the idea and i'm hoping it will be possible to also
use my ratings i already have in my Kodi library to update my TADB account ratings.

I'm testing a version right now that does exactly that, I confirm is very close to being released Smile

I pm'd you the beta link. It should also work with v16 and 1-5 ratings scales.

Please only use on a test library though before unleashing it on a full library.

If anyone else wants to test the beta, let me know.
(2017-04-06, 12:07)docwra Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 23:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: As posted elsewhere, i'm loving the idea and i'm hoping it will be possible to also

I'm testing a version right now that does exactly that, I confirm is very close to being released Smile

I pm'd you the beta link. It should also work with v16 and 1-5 ratings scales.

Please only use on a test library though before unleashing it on a full library.

If anyone else wants to test the beta, let me know.

I'm Interested, but first I need to know haw the addon behaves when there are 2 ratings: general star rating and personal user rating. See pic. below (general rating on the right top inside the star and user rating is on the bottom left):

Image[/img]

and here on fullscreen one on the left of the cd poster and one on the bottom right.

Image[/img]
(2017-04-06, 12:35)Dave.B Wrote: I'm Interested, but first I need to know haw the addon behaves when there are 2 ratings: general star rating and personal user rating. See pic. below (general rating on the right top inside the star and user rating is on the bottom left):

Currently this Add-on will only update and sync the userrating field of both album and tracks.

But of course, nobody should test this on their main library yet just in case Big Grin The Add-on does have "safety first" logic but its worked perfectly so far in my tests.

NOTE: I hope in the future, the universal music scrapers will be updated to scrape the total rating. This should be very easy actually.
OK I'm convinced. Where can I download the beta ver?
Seems I was not quite right, the Add-on updates both userating and rating fields.

Technically this is not correct but has to be done because Estuary does not show the user rating yet. It needs to be updated to show the user score properly first.
(2017-04-06, 16:12)docwra Wrote: Seems I was not quite right, the Add-on updates both userating and rating fields.

Technically this is not correct but has to be done because Estuary does not show the user rating yet. It needs to be updated to show the user score properly first.

OK. So if I upload rating for an album that has user rating and general rating, which rating will be upload to the cloud ?
(2017-04-06, 17:00)Dave.B Wrote: OK. So if I upload rating for an album that has user rating and general rating, which rating will be upload to the cloud ?

Good question....

Here is the logic

Code:
When uploading a rating from Kodi to TADB:

Kodi v17: Will only upload the userrating
Kodi v16: (If no user rating is supported) then it will upload the "rating" to TADB userrating

When downloading rating from TADB to Kodi:

Kodi v17: Will take the userrating from TADB and put it as the userrating of Kodi
Kodi v17: Will take the "total rating" from TADB and update the rating of Kodi
Kodi v16: Will take the userrating from TADB and update the rating of Kodi
(2017-04-06, 20:15)docwra Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 17:00)Dave.B Wrote: OK. So if I upload rating for an album that has user rating and general rating, which rating will be upload to the cloud ?

Good question....

Here is the logic

Code:
When uploading a rating from Kodi to TADB:

Kodi v17: Will only upload the userrating
Kodi v16: (If no user rating is supported) then it will upload the "rating" to TADB userrating

When downloading rating from TADB to Kodi:

Kodi v17: Will take the userrating from TADB and put it as the userrating of Kodi
Kodi v17: Will take the "total rating" from TADB and update the rating of Kodi
Kodi v16: Will take the userrating from TADB and update the rating of Kodi

Ok I'm willing to try it. can you send me the beta ver. please?
PS. can yo add an option to download all the rating from the internet as a default rating ?
for example all the rating info from: http://www.allmusic.com/
(2017-04-06, 22:40)Dave.B Wrote: Ok I'm willing to try it. can you send me the beta ver. please?

PM sent with the beta link

Quote:PS. can yo add an option to download all the rating from the internet as a default rating ?

I think that is something more for the universal scraper to handle really.

Assuming a few people use this Add-on and upload their ratings to TADB, we should quickly get some good "overall" scores for tracks and albums. I can't even get on Allmusic.com any more because apparently I have an addblocker installed. Idiots!
(2017-04-07, 10:15)docwra Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 22:40)Dave.B Wrote: Ok I'm willing to try it. can you send me the beta ver. please?

PM sent with the beta link

Quote:PS. can yo add an option to download all the rating from the internet as a default rating ?

I think that is something more for the universal scraper to handle really.

Assuming a few people use this Add-on and upload their ratings to TADB, we should quickly get some good "overall" scores for tracks and albums. I can't even get on Allmusic.com any more because apparently I have an addblocker installed. Idiots!

@docwra,
I downloaded the 1.0.3 beta, Thanks.
I know you said it is better to try this on a small library but I decides to synchronize my whole library (I have a huge one). It ended the process with a message that 0 ratings downloaded. Am I missing anything ? Isn't it suppose to Upload ratings too ?
(2017-04-07, 14:15)Dave.B Wrote: @docwra,
I know you said it is better to try this on a small library but I decides to synchronize my whole library (I have a huge one). It ended the process with a message that 0 ratings downloaded. Am I missing anything ? Isn't it suppose to Upload ratings too ?

I've updated the 1st post with full instructions. You probably are missing your API token from the TADB website. You will need to enter this in the Add-on settings to upload data from Kodi.

You can find this token on the TADB website under your user profile. Once logged in, Click on your name in the top right hand corner to find it. You will only need to do this once.

(2017-04-08, 11:35)docwra Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 14:15)Dave.B Wrote: @docwra,

I've updated the 1st post with full instructions. You probably are missing your API token from the TADB website. You will need to enter this in the Add-on settings to upload data from Kodi.

You can find this token on the TADB website under your user profile. Once logged in, Click on your name in the top right hand corner to find it. You will only need to do this once.

OK Thank you.
I was missing the API token.
Now it works but after it finishes synchronizing albums it get kodi to crash before synchronizing songs.
Her is a debug log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/2434116/
Seems log link not working, but I have seen a similar crash as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDBSync - Sync your music ratings from the cloud1