• 102(current)
Beta Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
05:52:50.737 T:3884 NOTICE: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> BackgroundsUpdater - started
05:52:52.758 T:1472 NOTICE: Skin Helper Widgets --> Backgroundservice started
05:52:52.765 T:1732 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Startup: detected Krypton (Kodi-17.1), setting DASH_SUPPORT_BUILTIN = False, DASH_SUPPORT_ADDON = True
05:52:52.848 T:9440 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
05:52:52.848 T:9484 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.13 started
05:52:59.218 T:3884 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
Error Contents: reference to invalid character number: line 74, column 21
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\service.py", line 10, in <module>
BackgroundsUpdater().run()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\backgrounds_updater.py", line 84, in run
self.smartshortcuts.build_smartshortcuts()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\smartshortcuts.py", line 47, in build_smartshortcuts
self.favourites_nodes()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\smartshortcuts.py", line 245, in favourites_nodes
favs = KodiDb().favourites()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\kodidb.py", line 200, in favourites
items = self.get_favourites_from_file()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\kodidb.py", line 302, in get_favourites_from_file
doc = parse(favourites_path)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\17.1\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1918, in parse
return expatbuilder.parse(file)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\17.1\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
result = builder.parseFile(fp)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\17.1\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
ExpatError: reference to invalid character number: line 74, column 21

-->End of Python script error report<--

it sucks
I have a Fire TV 4K box that I am running Kodi on. I upgraded my Kodi from Jarvis to Krypton this evening, and attempted to download and install the beta Titan skin. I was using the skin from the repository on Jarvis, but downloaded the repository from zip as specified in the first post, and installed the beta skin from that repository. It appeared to install properly, and asked me if I wanted to switch to the skin, which I said yes. When I went back to the home screen of Kodi, none of the tiles had images, and eventually the top bar went away and an error popped up, but the screen went blank and I couldn't see anything except for a gray screen. I had to go out and kill the app. I also had to delete the Titan skin folder so I could even get back into Kodi. The kodi.log output is here: https://pastebin.com/HLvu2vEc

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the most recent version of the skin?
(2017-04-08, 07:16)telecomguy Wrote: I have a Fire TV 4K box that I am running Kodi on. I upgraded my Kodi from Jarvis to Krypton this evening, and attempted to download and install the beta Titan skin. I was using the skin from the repository on Jarvis, but downloaded the repository from zip as specified in the first post, and installed the beta skin from that repository. It appeared to install properly, and asked me if I wanted to switch to the skin, which I said yes. When I went back to the home screen of Kodi, none of the tiles had images, and eventually the top bar went away and an error popped up, but the screen went blank and I couldn't see anything except for a gray screen. I had to go out and kill the app. I also had to delete the Titan skin folder so I could even get back into Kodi. The kodi.log output is here: https://pastebin.com/HLvu2vEc

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the most recent version of the skin?

It looks like a dependency (simplecache) failed to install correctly -- or your addon_data directory is not writable. You could try to re-install the dependency, or just re-install the skin. See if that helps you. You could also just use the krypton repository and install the titan for krypton non-beta skin before you launch into the beta.
(2017-04-08, 07:48)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 07:16)telecomguy Wrote: I have a Fire TV 4K box that I am running Kodi on. I upgraded my Kodi from Jarvis to Krypton this evening, and attempted to download and install the beta Titan skin. I was using the skin from the repository on Jarvis, but downloaded the repository from zip as specified in the first post, and installed the beta skin from that repository. It appeared to install properly, and asked me if I wanted to switch to the skin, which I said yes. When I went back to the home screen of Kodi, none of the tiles had images, and eventually the top bar went away and an error popped up, but the screen went blank and I couldn't see anything except for a gray screen. I had to go out and kill the app. I also had to delete the Titan skin folder so I could even get back into Kodi. The kodi.log output is here: https://pastebin.com/HLvu2vEc

It looks like a dependency (simplecache) failed to install correctly -- or your addon_data directory is not writable. You could try to re-install the dependency, or just re-install the skin. See if that helps you. You could also just use the krypton repository and install the titan for krypton non-beta skin before you launch into the beta.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I deleted the script.module.simplecache directory from addons folder, downloaded it from the internet and then reinstalled it since I didn't see a way anywhere to uninstall it and reinstall it. That made no change. I had already tried reinstalling the skin a few times either to no avail. I was able to FTP to my FireTV box and tried to get into the addon_data directory, and it wouldn't let me access it. If I used ES File Explorer on the FireTV itself and browsed to that directory, it showed it as empty. So I just completely uninstalled Krypton and then reinstalled it. After I launched it, I went into the addon_data directory and I could see a peripheral.joystick directory, so it looked better. I then installed the Titan beta again, and this time the script.module.simplecache directory appeared in th addon_data folder. I switched to the skin and went back out to home, and everything is loading correctly now.

Guess long story short, should have completely uninstalled Kodi instead of following the tvaddons upgrade procedure. Thanks again!
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with my problem. I have the netflix style 2 layout. I added a submenu as a widget and added thumbnail images to each item. I dont want the name of the item to be displayed on top of the thumbnail image. I tried all the different settings but I cant remove the name from top of it.
I even tried creating widget using a custom action Playmedia("...") but the widget will still be blank after clicking ok.
Also is there a way to re-arrange the widgets?
Please help.
The "stars" shown for albums probably expects a scale of 1-10 for points but it seems that the official Kodi album scraper gets points of scale 1-5. Most of the albums in my library have 3-4 points so they have only 1-2 stars in the preview Smile
I notice that when in TV Series I no longer seem to get information as to when the next episode is due to be broadcast anymore, it used to appear near the codec information. This is on 2 systems yet on my Firestick system it does show this information, is there a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled or has this feature gone now please?
(2017-04-08, 17:32)prateek33 Wrote: Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with my problem. I have the netflix style 2 layout. I added a submenu as a widget and added thumbnail images to each item. I dont want the name of the item to be displayed on top of the thumbnail image. I tried all the different settings but I cant remove the name from top of it.
I even tried creating widget using a custom action Playmedia("...") but the widget will still be blank after clicking ok.
Please help.

In the sideblade menu turn labels off, auto may work as well
Win 10 setup, fresh copy of Kodi 17.1 & Titan Beta 3.7.59. Trying to create a random movie widget but there is no Specials> option under Video Library. Is there something I am missing? I have all of the the Skin Help & Shortcut addons enabled. Also, the option for Default just hangs getting the directory. Thanks!
(2017-04-07, 05:54)iggegbg Wrote: 05:52:50.737 T:3884 NOTICE: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> BackgroundsUpdater - started
05:52:52.758 T:1472 NOTICE: Skin Helper Widgets --> Backgroundservice started
05:52:52.765 T:1732 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Startup: detected Krypton (Kodi-17.1), setting DASH_SUPPORT_BUILTIN = False, DASH_SUPPORT_ADDON = True
05:52:52.848 T:9440 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
05:52:52.848 T:9484 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.13 started
05:52:59.218 T:3884 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
Error Contents: reference to invalid character number: line 74, column 21
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\service.py", line 10, in <module>
BackgroundsUpdater().run()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\backgrounds_updater.py", line 84, in run
self.smartshortcuts.build_smartshortcuts()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\smartshortcuts.py", line 47, in build_smartshortcuts
self.favourites_nodes()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.backgrounds\resources\lib\smartshortcuts.py", line 245, in favourites_nodes
favs = KodiDb().favourites()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\kodidb.py", line 200, in favourites
items = self.get_favourites_from_file()
File "C:\Users\Homme5\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\kodidb.py", line 302, in get_favourites_from_file
doc = parse(favourites_path)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\17.1\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1918, in parse
return expatbuilder.parse(file)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\17.1\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
result = builder.parseFile(fp)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\17.1\system\python\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
ExpatError: reference to invalid character number: line 74, column 21

-->End of Python script error report<--

it sucks

Please can you send the link to the skin you created? I bet it must be fantastic!!
(2017-04-09, 14:24)disaacso Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 17:32)prateek33 Wrote: Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with my problem. I have the netflix style 2 layout. I added a submenu as a widget and added thumbnail images to each item. I dont want the name of the item to be displayed on top of the thumbnail image. I tried all the different settings but I cant remove the name from top of it.
Please help.

I have it turned off. The problem is only in the BANNER style widget. If I switch it to Landscape then the title disappears from the top of the thumbnail. I wonder how to remove it from Banner style too. Any advice?
(2017-04-10, 04:30)prateek33 Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 14:24)disaacso Wrote:
Please help.

I have it turned off. The problem is only in the BANNER style widget. If I switch it to Landscape then the title disappears from the top of the thumbnail. I wonder how to remove it from Banner style too. Any advice?

I'm not sure just where you are having problems: the sidebar can be used to control labels in library views; to control the labels on widgets you use the configuration of the widget (it's one of the settings when you configure the widget itself in the configure shortcuts dialog).
(2017-04-09, 19:35)SimonC Wrote: Win 10 setup, fresh copy of Kodi 17.1 & Titan Beta 3.7.59. Trying to create a random movie widget but there is no Specials> option under Video Library. Is there something I am missing? I have all of the the Skin Help & Shortcut addons enabled. Also, the option for Default just hangs getting the directory. Thanks!

The random movie widget is in 'Default Widgets->Skin Helper Service Widgets->Movies->Random Movies'. It can take quite a while for the default widgets listing to be created -- especially the first time it is run.
(2017-04-09, 12:33)Mr Cellophane Wrote: I notice that when in TV Series I no longer seem to get information as to when the next episode is due to be broadcast anymore, it used to appear near the codec information. This is on 2 systems yet on my Firestick system it does show this information, is there a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled or has this feature gone now please?

I'm still seeing this data (status-continuing, next expisode nxnn), but it might be dependent on the view you are using -- I'm using the horizontal panel with details enabled and it appears in the details panel.
(2017-04-10, 05:14)oattes Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 04:30)prateek33 Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 14:24)disaacso Wrote: In the sideblade menu turn labels off, auto may work as well

I'm not sure just where you are having problems: the sidebar can be used to control labels in library views; to control the labels on widgets you use the configuration of the widget (it's one of the settings when you configure the widget itself in the configure shortcuts dialog).

Yes, I figured that you. But the issue is that even though I have disabled the label on the widget, it doesnt work for Banner style widget but when I change it to Landscape then I dont see the label. So is there a bug with the Banner style?
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)6